Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Well, that's that. The final sections of dialogue. Hopefully I've demonstrated just what a blessing a good localization can be...

X VS. SIGMA: ROUND 3

???: Fu fu fu… You made it.

???: Hehehe...so you’ve finally made it.

X: Sigma! You’ve been behind all of this!

X: Sigma! You’re the one behind everything again?

Sigma: Didn’t you think it was strange that you could defeat me with such easy attacks? You’re no wiser than before, X! Now you will pay for your ignorance!

Sigma: Did you think you had defeated me with that last effort? You’re as naďve as ever, X; And for that, you will now DIE!

(X defeats Sigma.)

Sigma: Hahaha… No matter what you do, it’ll be in vain! Hahaha…

Sigma: Hahaha...no matter what you do, it will be in vain! Hahahaha….

CONVERSATION WITH ZERO

Zero: X, it was Sigma again who was behind everything. We’re going to destroy Sigma’s hiding place completely. To scatter their power, we’ll split up from now!

Zero: X, it was Sigma! He was the one pulling the strings again, just as we suspected...we're going to annihilate Sigma’s hideout now. To divide the enemy’s battle power we will split up and mobilize!

X: OK, let’s go!

X: Alright, let’s go!

X VS. SIGMA: ROUND 4

Sigma: You’re here again! We had fun last time… But playtime is over! Hahaha! Get ready to be destroyed!

Sigma: So, you came once again. And once again, I had plenty of fun with your efforts. However, it all ends here! Hahahahaha, get ready, X!

X: It’ll be the final battle! I’ll finish you at any cost!

X: There's no WAY I'll lose Sigma! I'll destroy you once and for all!

(Sigma transforms but it defeated by X.)

Sigma: Why… Why do you win all the time… Where does your power come from? GuaaaAAA!!

Sigma: Why….why do you always win….where could the source of that power possibly be….GUWAAAAAAAAA!!

THE EPILOGUE

Zero: We cleaned out the enemies. We can escape from here!

Zero: The enemies here have been cleaned up. Now let's get out of here.

X: All right! Let’s go!

X: All right! Let’s go!

Narrator: Thanks to X and Zero’s work, Sigma’s ambition to take over the computer world was stopped. But evil is very tough to completely stop. When evil emerges again… they’ll be there to fight… For now, we can only hope that the world will give X and Zero some peace…

Narrator: Sigma's plans to rule the computer world have finally been eradicated, thanks to the efforts of X and Zero. However, the forces of evil still live on. When the time comes, our heroes will once again fight them, and flush them out. Until then, let’s just pray that this world’s peace will be the balm that X and his friends need to rest easy….

A WILD TECHNO APPEARS!

A Challenge from Techno!

Techno: Humph. You have done very well … I didn’t expect that you would defeat the Hard Mode… But do you have what it takes to complete the “Extreme Mode” which I programmed for you! This is an awesome mode containing 8 stages to clear. Keep in mind that you can’t use the save data that you’ve cleared. There are no story sequences, as it is specialized just for battle! So, why don’t you save your data here and go for it? If you have the guts… Hope to see you again… Heh heh heh…

Techno: Hmhmhmm...you’re pretty good. Clearly I underestimated you, if you were able to beat Hard Mode. In that case, how about playing on “Extreme”, the mode that I programmed? It’s a devilish mode with all the stages, all the powerful foes...And, get this, you can’t use your Clear Data. So how about you save your data now? Kukuku...I hope I can meet you again, someday...hehehe....

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 23, 2016