Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Alright guys, here's some more translation stuff. For the most part, it's a well written localization like last time. It's not perfectly faithful to the original text, but it's still really close. There are just times where the localizers decide to add their own flavor to things, that's all.

Also, Bit's pre-battle dialogue is much more "to-the-point" in our version, despite there being plenty of textbox space to translate the full Japanese dialogue. I honestly don't know whether I prefer that (makes him feel more like a mercenary) or whether I prefer the Japanese dialogue (shows how cruel he really is, at the cost of taking away his mercenary feel), but either way, I think it's kind of interesting.

What do you all think of this so far?

DR. DOPPLER

Dr. Doppler: He is the Maverick Hunter I failed to catch last time. I had no idea he was so powerful… Bit and Byte!

Dr. Doppler: I didn’t think the Irregular Hunter I failed to capture that time held so much power…Come forth, Vajurila! Manderela!

(Bit and Byte appear)

Dr. Doppler: Bring that Maverick Hunter to me… alive if possible.

Dr. Doppler: Capture that Irregular Hunter. Capture him alive if you can.

Bit and Byte: Affirmative, Dr. Doppler!

Vajurila FF & Manderela BB: Yes sir, for the sake of the great Dr. Doppler!!

(Bit and Byte leave. Another mysterious Reploid hidden by shadow appears)

Mysterious Reploid: Alive, Dr. Doppler? You are so kind.

Mysterious Reploid: Heheheh…what a pain in the rear end. Capturing him alive, that is.

Dr. Doppler: Watch your mouth or I’ll put you back where I found you. Even with your enhancements, you are still no match for me.

Dr. Doppler: It’s you…even though I revived you and even powered you up…you won’t behave and follow my orders…?

Mysterious Reploid: Thanks for the upgrade Doctor, but I have a score to settle… and I’ll do it my way…

Mysterious Reploid: I’m grateful for the revive, but I have a grudge with them, see…I’ll do it my way…

(The mysterious Reploid leaves)

Dr. Doppler: Fine. Just make sure you do it. I can’t believe that Maverick Hunter defeated my master twice in the past…

Dr. Doppler: Hmph! So be it. However, I cannot believe that Irregular Hunter really defeated him two times…

BIT'S DIALOGUE

Bit: Welcome, X. I’m Bit. I have my orders. You are to be destroyed.

Vajurila FF: Fufufu…my name is Vajurila. As the right hand of Dr. Doppler, I’ve buried numerous Reploids. It’s the doctor’s orders. You’ll die here.

(If Weakness Is Used)

Bit: This Reploid’s special abilities are too… N… No it can’t be… Gaaahhhh!!

Vajurila FF: Th, this is…this Reploid’s special power is…Impossible…uh…guaaah!!

(Bit dies)

(If Weakness Is Not Used)

Bit: It… It is not possible for you to contain so much power… The next time we meet the result shall be different!

Vajurila FF: S, so this is the power X holds…I’ll pull out for the time being, but it won’t go like this the next time we meet. Hahahaha…

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 26, 2016