Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

FISHMANPET posted:

I got the early in for the GV/Sprint integration, and today I received my first short code message. I don't get an email notification (I'm guessing I only get notifications for messages sent to my GV number, and not my Sprint number). The text shows up in my GV app, but not in the built in SMS app.
Which option did you pick?

I've tried to explain my question before, but I'll try it again...

I have a Sprint number, say 222-555-1212, and a Google Voice number, say 333-777-2323. All of my friends have my Sprint number and all of my coworkers have my GV number. When I make a phone call, I can pick whether or not to make the call using Sprint or GV. SMS is a little more convoluted, but similar situation there.

I want to take advantage of all the Google Voice features for my Sprint number. I'd love to be able to say that calls to 222-555-1212 will also ring other numbers, and all that other cool poo poo. But I do not want to lose my existing GV number, either, since that's effectively my work phone. What I do not want is for 333-777-2323 to become my primary phone number.

Sooooo... if I already have a GV number, and I choose to port my Sprint number in, will I lose 333-777-2323? Will I end up with two GV numbers? How will I manage settings for each phone number?

This is my dilemma.