Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ord Mantell Episode 1 Attack of the Punctuation.

pre:
Chaos grips the Galactic Republic.  Influential star systems break away from the millennia-old 
alliance, angered over the Senate's treaty with the Sith Empire.

On the planet of Ord Mantell, Civil War erupts between loyal Republic citizens and violent separatist 
extremists waging a campaign of terror against their own people.

Now, an elite young sergeant from the Republic's famous Havoc Squad has arrived to help defeat the 
separatists and restore peace to this war-ravaged world...

We open up to a battle already in progress. However none of that is our concern. Our business is on the war-blasted planet below.

: Finally. Now where is that contact.

: Gonna go ahead and guess that its the only one of that bunch who's wearing armor.

: Approaching Drelliad Village, sir. Scopes show small-arms fire and enemy movements in all quarters. Separatists are definitely moving in on the objective.
: Another beautiful day on Ord Mantell! You excited, kid? Nervous? You know, you're the first new entry into Havoc Squad in some time.
: I'm aware. I did do my reading before I came here. Besides, I've got nothing to be nervous about - fighting is my life. And please, don't call me kid.
: Confidence! I like it! Getting tapped for Havoc Squad at you age is nothing to sneeze at. I'm lieutenant Bex Kolos, but everyone in Havoc calls me Gearbox. We're a tight unit - you'll like it with us.
: Nicknames? Please tell me I can at least choose my own when we meet up with the rest of the squad.
: No promises, kid. Let me tell you why we're here. The separatists have nabbed a bomb off a downed transport - a serious bomb, one of those orbital strike numbers.

: I can do this in my sleep - maybe I will. Didn't get too much on the transport.
: Take it from me kid; On an op like this, you don't sleep much.
]: Like I said, don't call me-

: Driver! Driver? Blast it he's down. Backwater separatists aren't supposed to have armor-piercing missiles! They'll tear up every convoy that passes through here!
]: Sounds like a chance to stretch my legs. If the seps want trouble, let's give them some.
]: Sounds good to me, kid. Fixing things is my specialty, kid - I'm nowhere near the fighter you are. I'll stay and get this walker moving again. You'll disable the separatists' missile launchers. Understood?
: Yes sir! What are the chances this thing'll be moving by the time I'm done?
: Not sure, honestly. But it takes months to requisition a new one. The separatists will probably have their missile launchers piled together in a cache some where in the village - and you can bet that cache will be heavily guarded. You understand your orders, Sergeant?
: Wade through lots of angry seps with guns pointed my direction and then blow up a pile of explosives.

: Good luck out there, kid.

: Considerably less resistance than I thought. Where the hell is everybody?

: Well at least this wasn't hard to find. Now how did my bomb diffusion course go again? Oh yeah.

: I, however, didn't have much success. This walker isn't gonna be moving anytime soon.
]: It's fine, I was getting tired of sitting anyways. So what happens next?
: I'm gonna stay here and salvage all the goodies off this wreck before somebody else does. You better head for Fort Garnik. Be sure to keep a lookout for seps along the way - they can come can come at you out of nowhere.
: Without anyone else to slow me down, I'll be just fine.
: You'd probably move even faster if you dropped some of that attitude, kid. :mad:
: With you calling me kid? Not gonna happen.

[img]http://lpix.org/1074407/IMG][/img]: Watch your head out there. Separatists deployed snipers in the area last week. Good snipers. Plenty of casualties between here and Fort Garnik. Those seps will shoot at anything.
: So burn them out then. Launch a bomb their way.
[img]http://lpix.org/1074407/IMG][/img]: Not an option. Too many civilians in the area - the refugees, from the war-torn settlements. They pass through on the way to Fort Garnik. Boom. Sniper bait.
: Then why tell me?

[img]http://lpix.org/1074407/IMG][/img]: Fort Garnik wants those snipers retired ASAP. Commander Vray even offered a week's pay to anyone who makes it happen.
: Seems like a walker crew would be better suited for this, but count me in.
[img]http://lpix.org/1074407/IMG][/img]: drat glad to hear it, sir. If you take out the snipers, report to Commander Vray at the refugee camp outside Fort Garnik. Good hunting.

: :black101:

:geno: : With those Snipers out of commission, the refugees have a fighting chance of making it out of here alive. Valor like yours must be rewarded. A week's pay, as promised - and you have my gratitude. drat fine work.

: You might wanna set up guard towers in the future to prevent this sort of thing.

: Yeah. Who're you?
: I'm Farn, sir. Private Farn. It's a real honor to meet you! Ord Mantell is my first post - I can't believe I'm here at the same time as Havoc Squad!
: ...Oh lord.
: And you're so... er, wha-what I mean to say is, uh, sir, is that I wasn't expecting you to be a woman, sir. Ma'am! Sergeant!
: Do you have a problem with female officers, Private?
: No! no, no, no, of course not, Sergeant! It's just that you're so... uh, what I mean is, uh, nevermind. If, uh, if you don't mind me asking, sir, what's your mission here? Why would Havoc Squad be sent to Ord Mantell?
: You're really asking me this? Look kid, I'm sure not here to answer stupid and classified questions.
: Oh, uh, yes, sir. Sorry, sir. I, uh, I won't take up any more of your time, Sergeant. I'm sure you have lots of important things to do.
: Did you requisition the Fort's entire supply of comma's for that bit? Anyway, get lost.
: Uh, yes, sir! Right away, sir!
: Weird kid.

: Good to have you here. I'm Commander Harron Tavus, Havoc Squad's commanding officer. We're all excited to have some new blood in the unit. Let me introduce you to the other members of Havoc Squad.

: Sergeant.

: Oh, uh, yes, hello, Sergeant. Good to meet you.

: Perfection is my art, Sergeant. It will be my honor to help you perform at your very best.
: And of course you met Gearbox on your way here, so that's everyone. People this is the new sergeant I mentioned - ranked first in the Academy in Forward Assault, Search and Destroy, and Advance Recon. It's good to have you, Sergeant.
: I look forward to showing you what I can do.
: Now, the reason why we're all here: A Republic transport, carrying among its cargo a ZR-57 orbital strike bomb, crashed in Northern Avilatan six days ago. Recovery unit sent a team, but they were too late. Separatist forces had already stolen the transport's cargo, including the ZR-57, and fled.
: Someone on our side must have tipped the seps off then.
: Yes, we've considered that - but we don't have time for a mole hunt. Recovering that bomb is priority one.
: The ZR-57 is - well, it's serious hardware, you know? I mean, it can pretty much vaporize the whole island. So, we'd better get it back or, well, boom.
: We're investigating several leads to the bomb's location, but the one I'd like you to look into, Sergeant, comes from a Republic Spy named Bellis.

: What if Bellis' information doesn't lead us to the bomb, sir?
: Then we'll have one less lead requiring our attention.

: Since we're on individual missions to search for this bomb, Lieutenant Jorgan is coordinating our efforts from here within the mission room.

: I can handle myself. sir. And don't call me rookie.
: The other members of Havoc have proven themselves on dozens of ops, Sergeant, you haven't. Just make your way to Talloran, meet with Bellis, and find out what he knows without screwing anything up.
: :mad:
: Good luck at Talloran, Sergeant. Dismissed.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 12, 2013