Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Inferior posted:

A brief explanation of this LPs format-

: This is dialogue from the game!

: This is dialogue I've made up, for "comedy".

Text without a portrait is a note from me explaining or commenting on things in the game.

On with the show!

CHAPTER 1: TOUCHDOWN ON TYTHON

Wait for it....

Admit it, you can hear the theme blaring inside your head

Planet Tython. This little intro movie is done in snazzy CGI, and you'd better enjoy it because it's all game engine cutscenes from here on out.

There's our ride. Well, that's the CGI finished, hope you liked it!

As we fly in we observe some Padawans making a rockery with telekinesis. Next: lightsaber topiary.

: Man, that was a loooong flight. If I had to spend just one more day cooped up on a sweaty Republic battleship playing Extreme Pazaak with the mouse droids, I'd probably go Sith.

: ... well, maybe not full Sith. Just enough to electrocute those cheating little bastar... Hey, giant statues of old women. Our ancestors worshipped the funniest things.

: Where do I need to go anyway? Maybe that geezer with the topknot knows.

: This is the ancestral home of our order, where the Jedi first came to be. And where our most promising Padawans complete their training.

: Also, I'm a big fan of all the giant enigmatic statues you have here. They really liven up the place!

: ...Moving on...

: I was... hoping your new Master would be here. Yuon left her dig site and is returning to Tython specifically to train you.

: If Master Yuon's so keen to train me, you'd think she'd show up on time

: A Jedi Master's time is rarely her own. Patience. Recall the Jedi Code.

: Boring? Is that the answer? Don't leave me hanging.

: This crisis is the reason you were delayed?

: Precisely.

Yuon Par is unique in that she's the only person with a Welsh accent in the entire universe. Diversity!

:These holograms may be records of the founders of the Jedi Order- they're absolutely irreplaceable. But a large group of Flesh Raiders has begun rampaging through that region; those priceless holograms are in danger!

: Though I think I saw a film on Space Cinemax called “Flesh Raider” once.

: The Flesh Raiders are Tython's natives. Savage cannibals who destroy everything in their path.

: Including the hologram's projectors. Combat teams are pushing the Flesh Raiders back, but retrieving the holograms is the first task of your training.

: No. Yuon, you can't risk a Padawan against Flesh Raiders, even for such important artifacts.

: A Padawan who was stronger in the force at four years old, than I was at fifteen? Gifted students need greater challenges.

: :smug:

: Pride is not a Jedi virtue, Padawan, nor is overconfidence.

: :(

: The holograms are in the Gnarls. Be vigilant; that region has dangers of its own. If you encounter any difficulties contact me on this holocommunicator.

The quest begins!

:Good job this ancient wilderness has Yellow Cabs, it'd be a real pain in the rear end to get around otherwise.

Welcome to The Gnarls Green Hill Zone, overrun with Flesh Raiders, who look like the fusion of a Hammerhead shark and that dancing baby GIF everyone loved in the 90's.

We have three combat abilities starting out:

1. Saber Strike, where we hit an enemy with our glowstick “Training Saber” for piddly damage, but at no energy cost.
2. Project, where we pull a rock out of the ground and smash an enemy with it for decent damage and stun. Always useful.
3. Double Strike, where we hit an enemy with our glowstick... twice! For some reason this costs energy, but hitting once cost nothing. Presumably our noodly arms aren't good at sustained manual exertion.

Our energy resource, which we expend to use our special powers, is called Force (duh). Force regenerates at a steady rate over time- none of this variable regen rate claptrap that the other classes have to deal with, which means we can spam powers like they're going out of fashion... assuming the fight doesn't go on too long. Which they all do.

There are four bridges scattered around The Gnarls, each with a holoprojector on, each ready to give you a fascinating lecture on the Jedi Order.

: For a hologram, you're surprisingly articulate

: We needed worthy vessels for our knowledge. When the Jedi Order began, I saw we must be dedicated to peace- to calming our emotions, and ending wars across the galaxy. If we fought, it should only be in self-defense. That is the founding principle of civilisation.

: Without peace, there could be no art or culture, or politics. No inspirational posters of doves. No Republic.

: The Jedi may have changed, but galactic peace has always remained one of our goals. Activation protocol complete. Go well.

And the next one is...

: Activation protocol begins. Ah. Another has come to listen.

: Another?

: True justice can not be driven by emotion. We Jedi can set our passions aside, and seek the truth without fear or favour.

: If you can't feel mercy, justice suffers. I disagree with anyone who wears that much black eyeshadow, on principle.

: Sorrow for the victim, or outrage at the crime can blind us. To see clearly, feelings must be put aside. It has served us well, we Jedi are renowned for our fairness, our honesty.

: And for periodically going crazy and trying to take over the galaxy.

: Now that reputation is yours to keep. Though not the going crazy part. It'd be swell if people stopped doing that. Activation protocol complete.

: Activation protocol begins. A new Jedi comes to learn? Excellent, excellent.

: I saw us becoming guardians of knowledge and secrets. We Jedi would safeguard the wisdom of the galaxy.

: Gathering such knowledge would be a great adventure. Hey, kids! Visit your local library for a learning adventure today!

: My travels took me across many worlds, more than any other founder. I saw, heard, dreamed. Jedi seek to dispel ignorance: to understand other cultures, and bring that understanding to others. Never forget that, no matter where your path leads. Activation protocol complete.

I like Master Ters' version of what the Jedi should be. It seems more noble than just DESTROY THE DARK SIDE!!!

And finally...

: Hooray!

: Good job 20,000 year old holoprojectors look just like modern ones, else I'd be pretty confused by this stuff.

: Stolen? But the Flesh Raiders don't steal, they destroy. I'll look into this. If you have the other holograms, come and meet me at the Jedi Temple; I'm sending you directions now. And please, Padawan, be careful.

NEXT TIME: We tackle the Tython immigration crisis, and Barney the Dinosaur teaches us about Space Racism.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 14, 2014