Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tython Episode 2: Set up for a Buddy Cop Movie

From the Personal Holocron of R'andayn:

Now where was I?

Oh right, campaign of wanton genocide against the natives sat on the Jedi promised land. That was it, Anyway, I cut my way through the Flesh Raiders towards the cave Weller had mentioned. I was like a whirlwind of destruction, even at such a young age.

Burning the Flesh Raiders supplies, Liberating my fellow Padawans, Life was so much more fun back then not like now. But then I guess we all have nostalgia for our misspent youth.

I remember I even got a commendation for the rescues, They overlooked the slaughter I guess, I was never rewarded for doing what needed to be done, but then again they never punished me either for being so unjedilike so I suppose it all evens out in the end

When I made it to the cave I was shocked, How was one little Padawan like myself supposed to block a cave that large? This was before I understood the true power of the force. You see the force cares little for size, whether a job is big or small is irrelevant, all that matters is that one possesses the necessary will and focus and moving mountains becomes as easy as moving molehills.

So I cut my way through the cave searching for the means by which the flesh raiders had invaded our peaceful little jedi retreat. That was when I met him.

I can't remember the kids name, but I recall his words extremely well, you might say this is where it all started, where I became the individual I am today

: Stop struggling, Padawan. Your life was over the moment you set foot in here.

: You are Jedi. Why would you kill me?

: Because the order must evolve--and you are weak.

: Whatever your problem is, ugly, I am here to end it.

: Be careful there is something wrong with this jedi-- and he's not alone,

: Hmm, you are... dangerous, You killed my soldiers.

: He commands the Flesh Raiders attacking us.

: And the award for Best Example of Stating the Obvious, goes to....

: Not attacking--cleansing. And we have only just begun.

: I'll do some cleansing of my own.

30 seconds later

Remember how I said there were maybe 3 interesting characters on Tython meet number 1

: You two alright? What happened here?

: This Jedi attacked us, Master Orgus. He was sick... confused.

: Thank the force that your both safe. This man's no Jedi--at least, not one of us.

: You missed the fun, Master. Did you have something better to do?

: I was distracted by a pack of hungry Flesh Raiders. Thought I looked delicious.

: This lightsaber...there is something familiar about it. Strange. You held off all three attackers by yourself with only a practice saber. Impressive.

: The force was with me, as usual. Also I caught a fish this big!

: Don't confuse confidence with arrogance, Padawan. Your masters should've taught you the difference. and there aren't any fish that big on Tython, Liar! . The battles over, but we don't want any more Flesh raiders coming through here.

:Holy blue force ghost Batman!

It was at this point that I first began to discern the true power and majesty of the force

: That should hold them back, for now.

: I want to learn how to do that.

:Spend a few decades practising, and you'll pick it up in no time.

: I'm injured, Master Orgus. Are the training grouds safe for travel?

: Not yet. I'll get you to a medcenter. You seem all right to travel alone. Report to the Jedi council.

: I only just arrived on Tython. Where am I going?

: Follow the path leading out of this valley. You'll find the Jedi Temple through the mountain pass. See you there.

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Master Orgus Din

A grizzled Jedi Master who's fought more battles with the Sith than any other living member of the order, Master Orgus Din, was an eyewitness to the Sacking of Coruscant. The destruction of the Jedi Temple, along with the loss of his Padawan, Bengel Morr, Hardened him. Now considered a maverick among his peers, Orgus prefers to leave meditation, debate and diplomacy to the Jedi Council while he goes out and gets things done.

Despite his somewhat abrasive nature, there are many among the order who respect Orgus as a man of action. Yet even though he would be the first to argue that the Jedi need more individuals like himself, Orgus is still haunted by what he has seen and has refused to take on a new Padawan for many years.

One uneventful hike back to camp later

: The Padawans are a bit shaky, but they're alive. They wanted to stay so I cleared them a path.

: That's brave of them--but not what the council wanted. I hope they'll be all right.

: That was a useless endeavour.

: It may seem like it, but knowing the Padawans are safe is something. And there will be no more training here until we have cleared the area. How does smallpox infested blankets sound to you? You'll probably want to get back to your trials. Again thank you and may the force be with you.

: So I set off for the temple with much to think on. However on the way I ran into one of these.

A little discreet research later revealed this to be an Uxibeast, a rather small and unimpressive specimen thereof, They were certainly ugly as sin, and almost as mean

Codex Entry

SWTOR Codex posted:

Uxibeat

Deceptively aggressive, Uxibeasts are mammalian herbivores with a multitude of horns covering their shaggy bodies. They are believed to originate on Tython, but they have been found in small numbers on other planets- evidence of the migration of the first Jedi, long ago. They typically travel in herds, and are quite capable of fending off would-be predators; the pointed spines on their backs prevent attackers from pouncing o them, and a charging uxibeast is capable of inflicting all kinds of bodily harm.

Uxibeasts are generally ill-tempered and unpleasant around people, but they can be tamed-to a degree, Domesticated Uxibeasts will imprint on a single individual, whom they are unquestionably loyal to, while remaining hostile to everyone else.

Having finally fought my way down the mountain, through packs of flesh raiders I came before the Jedi temple.

I halted in front of the temple, Half paralyzed by awe at its beauty, and half held by disgust at its decadence. For an order that preached a life of austerity and poverty the Jedi temple was certainly a statement about something. Perhaps it was a testament to the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order? On my way into the temple I encountered another Jedi looking for some help

: Padawan, I heard you have you've begun your trials. Master Orgus speaks very highly of you. No doubt your pleased to come this far. But some Jedi have the power to do more, help more people. Interested?

: Yeah sure Always looking for a way to help,

: A war is brewing in the greater galaxy. The Sith Empire plots against the Republic, and the republic looks to the Jedi for aid. But not all who train to be Jedi are skilled combatants and leaders. Many are scholars, diplomats, strategists and scientists. Which is why we have created a simulation to test Jedi and Padawans and certify them to lead republic troops.

: If your looking for a leader, you've come to the right person where do I start?

: Confidence is good. A leader must have confidence in herself and others. Just don't get arrogant. The droids in the yard have been programmed to act according to imperial military protocols and battlefield tactics. Demonstrate your proficiency at defeating these droids, and you will be on your way to qualifying to lead republic troops into battle. Can you do it?

: Whatever you say, works for me.

: Excellent. The first set of training droids are ready for you. Get to it.

10 seconds later

: I'm impressed. Hopefully we will have something more challenging for you soon.

END RECORDING...

So tried something new with this update, a more narrative approach.And I am curious to know what people think. Do you like it? or do you prefer the more dry style of the first update? Updated with dolash's suggestion vv

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 13, 2013