Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 3: LITTLE ORPHAN CHOMPY

Previously posted:

JOLUNE, a young Padawan, is searching for an ancient hologram that contains the knowledge of MASTER RAJIVARI, a founder of the Jedi Order who fell to the dark side. The hologram was stolen by NALEN RALOCH, a famed Twi'lek warrior. Now, JOLUNE pursues NALEN into the territory of the brutal FLESH RAIDERS...

: Everything's dead for miles around. Who could stand to live out here?

: That cave...I sense...

: ...I sure hope those are primitive attempts at chandeliers.

: That light...

: Hey.

: !!!

: I come to listen. To think, among the dead. To fight for my people. Why have you come?

: Staccato voice patterns... My master sent me, to bring Rajivari's holoprojector back to the temple.

: I'm called Nalen Raloch. The others in the village spin tales of their “legendary protector”. They don't understand.

: Crazy eyes...

: Tython's relics still have lessons. I listen. I can... do things I never imagined possible. I will be the defender my people deserve.

: ”I can do things I never imagined possible”. He's 3-for-3 on the Evil Artifact Mind Control Warning Sign checklist. Let's be diplomatic...

: Jedi condemn what they can't control. But you're not a concern. Only the Flesh Raiders matter, and Rajivari's hologram showed me how to punish them.

: The cave's collapsing!

: The Flesh Raiders will come, but not leave. A merciful death, compared to what my people have suffered.

: Three things! 1: Being crushed to death by falling rocks is not a merciful death! 2: Why would Flesh Raiders come into a collapsing cave?! And 3: We're still in the cave! Have you lost your mind?!

: There are hidden wonders, Jedi, and my journey has just begun.

: I'll take that as a “yes” then.

: Now run. Or die.

: If I have to run anymore today, I probably will die.

: Oh, shiiiiiiiiii....

: ...iiiiiiiiiii...

: ...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

: ...iiiiit. The exit!

: A lot of dead Raiders around here; Nalen must have got out ahead of me. Well, better go back and fill Master Yuon in on everything's that happened. I wonder if they'll send a shuttle to pick me up?

(They didn't)

: I want you to meditate on what you learned. Such experiences are what shapes us as Jedi.

: What I learned? Mountain climbing sucks, the Twi'leks have it tough and Yuleph Phan is an rear end in a top hat. Oh, and I found the holoprojector, as you asked.

: We should check that Rajivari's hologram is safe.

: The holoprojector was stolen by a Twi'lek, Nalen Raloch. He'd learned Force techniques from Rajivari's hologram- he was obviously unstable.

: A villager? Very unusual. Then this Nalen is Force sensitive... Let's see what he saw.

: What he saw destroyed his mind... can't we just take an educated guess? I'm betting the phrases “ultimate power”, “great vision” and “true potential” figured in there somewhere.

: Where's your sense of adventure, Padawan?

: I think I left it back in the cave, crushed under a million tons of granite.

: Activation protocol begins. A few words- shall this be all my legacy? No. My enemies are long dead. It is time.

: My word. “True wisdom.” Padawan, he... he's talking about the Fount of Rajivari.

: What is this “Fount of Rajivari”? I'm guessing it's some sort of a Dark Side Doomsday thing, not a water feature he was fond of.

: After Rajivari fell, sources claimed he created a great archive of his knowledge and teachings- The Fount of Rajivari. Generations of Jedi searched for it, finding nothing. The Fount's considered a hoax by all reputable scholars, but... we just heard proof.

: No we didn't, we just heard a 20,000 year old computer program mutter about blades and sanctuaries.

: Good enough for me. Advantage of having tenure is that academic rigor becomes optional.

: Right, well... It said to follow where the first blade points, from the sanctuary of the order. What sanctuary?

: Kaleth! The ruins at Kaleth- the name means “sanctum”. It's the remains of an ancient fortress.

: Why would you name a fortress after a place of peace?

: Our ancestors had a healthy appreciation of irony. The evidence suggests Kaleth was destroyed in a great battle; old droids still walk those ruins today. But this “first blade” is a puzzle.

: If it was once a fortress, it could refer to weapons that were once stored in Kaleth. :eng101:

: We have found several old weapons in one section of Kaleth... nothing like a “first blade”, but a good place to begin.

: I... thank you. You should know, Padawan, that the Council tends to disapprove of such “training” but I'll explain everything to them. For now, focus on Kaleth for this “first blade”. Call me on your holocommunicator if you have any success. Before you go though, you might want to put on some fresh clothes. Those ones you're wearing smell of Raider giblets.

: ... My third set of new clothes in a day... If it wasn't for the pretty scenery, I'd be really sick of this planet.

: These were destroyed recently... other Jedi exploring the ruins? Or Nalen?

: The writing on this tablet is almost illegible... hmm, these symbols... “Weapon Master”?

: !!!

: You seem unbalanced.

: No, I just really wish people would stop sneaking up on me today. Who are you anyway?

: The first blade, I guard. It rests with the ashes of its maker. The Weapon Master.

: I don't know the title. Who was he?

: He saw Jedi as warriors. Not only philosophers. Armed them. Protected them. The first blade. First Jedi weapon. From this beginning, lightsabers came.

: “Rajivari” came. He proved worthy. Permitted to take the hilt. Later, returned it.

: Why would Master Rajivari take the hilt and then bring it back?

: Not my concern. To take the hilt, prove worthy. The philosophy of Jedi combat. Show understanding. The Weapon Master left challenges. Here, in Kaleth. Training droids. To test his students.

: Fight droids, get hilt. Right.

: I guess over there, by all those suspiciously dormant droids, would be a good place to start.

: So what happens if I press this button?

:Aaah! How do these things still have ammunition after 20,000 years?!

SEVERAL JUNKED DROIDS LATER

: Perhaps one day my performance could reach very satisfactory. ...w-wait, that sounds wrong somehow.

: With training, perhaps. Take the hilt. Treat with respect. Fight with honour.

: At last... huh. It has an archaic design but these engravings seem newer... A way to store information maybe? Did Rajivari do this?

: Of course. “The first blade points the way” - Rajivari made the legendary weapon itself our guide. The force is certainly with you, Padawan.

: :smug:

: Please bring the hilt back to the temple at once. I will look into a way to access that data.

: Huff... huff... you know what would be great here? Funiculars. One on every mountain... I can't believe no-one's ever tried building any on Tython.... Also, I think all this exercise is damaging my brain, because I thought I heard a...

The orange triangle indicates a new quest!

: :ughh:

: bleh

: The little guy... gal... raider's starving. They won't make it back to the Temple alive... I'll need to find some food. What do Flesh Raiders eat anywa... oh, right.

: I'm sorry Greater Guid. It's for the greater good... Ha! I just thought of that! That's pretty cle...

: Aarghgllblergh!!

: Oh, you're freaking dead for that, you big blue beardy bastard!

: Blaaargh!

: I think I will name you... “Chompy”. Come on Chompy, let's go back to the Jedi Temple.

: Look, Chompy, that's where all the Jedi live!

: *barf*

: Everyone's a critic.

: hic

: Master Quillb! Master Quillb... it is pronounced “Quillb” right, I'm not saying it wrong? Anyway, have I got a surprise present for you!

: You don't look too happy about it...

: No, you did the right thing. Leave him with me; I'll convene the Council to decide how to handle this.

: ...adopt two gizka and all of a sudden you're “the animal guy” and everyone's asking you to look after strays and you can't say no because then you'd be the bad guy so you say yes and now your rooms smell like poo poo ALL THE TIME and all the other Masters look at you like you're turning into a mad cat lady... guy... and dumb Padawans give you cannibal monsters to take care of and you just say yes like an idiot my mother was right about me I oughta just...

: Goodbye Chompy. Try not to eat Master Quillb.

: Blah!

NEXT TIME: Old things!

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Master Yuon Par posted:

A renowned archaeologist and tireless explorer, Jedi Master Yuon Par is one of the order’s most respected scholars. She specializes in the pre-history of the Jedi Order and has recovered several major artifacts, including the surviving Gharnus Texts and a holocron compiled by Odan-Urr. Yuon once taught the history of Jedi philosophy at the temple, but in recent years she has returned to working in the field. Yuon’s search for lost Jedi ruins and artifacts has brought her into contact with dozens of different cultures. She has negotiated with warring Gamorrean clans and was even made blood sister to a Kaleesh chieftain. Some Jedi have expressed concern at Yuon’s rather unorthodox methods and teaching style, but no one questions her devotion to the Jedi Order.

Ruins of Kaleth posted:

Crumbling walls and rubble are all that remain of the fortified city of Kaleth. Carvings at Kaleth suggest the site has been inhabited and abandoned more than once over the millennia–but always by Force users. This has given rise to dozens of theories about Kaleth from scholars at the Jedi Temple, not to mention interest from archaeologists seeking artifacts of the ancient Jedi. Unfortunately, exploration of Kaleth is hampered by ancient hostile droids that still roam the ruins. The presence of these droids, the discovery of surviving computers and reports of strange lights at night prove Kaleth still has sections with functioning power despite being abandoned for centuries. Because of this, some members of the first expedition to Tython recommended restoring Kaleth and making it the new settlement of the Jedi Order. The Jedi Council decided against this, however, preferring to study Kaleth and its history from a distance.

Guid posted:

Guids are hoofed quadrupeds indigenous to Tython. Notable for their muscular forelegs and the distinctive tufts of hair on the shoulders, back and chin, they are typically encountered grazing alone or in small herds. Guids are not particularly aggressive, but if threatened, they are capable of causing injury or even death with their massive forelegs and powerful jaws. Attempts to domesticate guids have proved unsuccessful due to their stubborn and occasionally irritable nature. Jedi Master Silvarte has taken to labeling Padawans with a particularly lumbering lightsaber stance as devotees of the “Form of the Guid.” At least one of these Padawans–since proclaimed a full Jedi Knight–has taken this mild insult to heart, developing several lightsaber techniques inspired by the study and observation of these strange creatures. Master Silvarte considers this a mark of his success as a teacher.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 14, 2014