Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Coruscant Update 1: It's certainly no Sun Crusher...

Begin recording

: If I ever see that creep and his moustache again, or any of those other idiots again, it'll be too soon...

Then it was time to check out of the spaceport.

: What do you mean, my luggage was accidentally sent to Ord Mantell?

: Warning // Coruscant = big city-world = easy to get lost. = Easy for luggage to get lost too

: Are you speaking from personal experience?

: T7 =never lost // T7 =show Jedi the way. T7 + Jedi = late // important meeting = senate tower.

Coruscant was huge, and packed with people all bustling about on their own business. Fortunately, the star port I had landed at was not too far from the Senate and I was soon able to fight my way through the crowds to the Senate Plaza. There I had to take a moment to appreciate just how large the Senate tower was.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Senate Tower

No visitor to Coruscant can fail to be awed by the majestic Senate tower. Built to house the thousands-strong Galactic Senate, it is also home to the offices of the Supreme Chancellor, numerous embassies and the headquarters of Republic Special Forces.

The interior of the Senate tower is open to the public, though Coruscant Security and the Republic military patrol the corridors. While it survived the Sacking of Coruscant, the senate tower was later damaged when a number of Senators, supporters of the Treaty of Coruscant, were targeted by a bomb.

Entrance to the Senate tower is via the Avenue of the Core Founders, a famous concourse flanked by the statues of the Core Founders themselves. Inside, visitors to the Senate tower are encouraged to enjoy the guided tours or peruses the holographic statues of famous Senators.

: Senate Tower = Important + Fancy // T7 = should have had oil bath before coming.

So with my meeting with the Senator out of the way it was off to find Master Orgus. Hunting down a Senate page, I found out that Master Orgus was meeting with a General Var Suthra and I trudged along the endless corridors to the Generals office. All I could hear on my into the generals office was Master Orgus sounding peeved.

: Tell me what's happening.

: You remember Master Kiwiiks and Padawan Kira. This is General Var Suthra and Doctor Eli Tarnis. We're discussing why the Republic built a planetary scale weapon without consulting the Jedi.

: My work barely qualifies as a weapon. It's the most humane military technology ever invented. With a single activation, the Planet-Prison super charges a world's upper atmosphere, tuning it into an enormous ion cannon. Any starship entering or leaving the planet will be completely disabled. Perfect enemy containment, without casualties.

: You can't "contain" an enemy without casualties.

: How many lives are lost during a full-scale invasion? Our new weapon will end war, as we know it.

: Regardless, you've allowed the Planet Prison's design files to be stolen by common criminals.

: I doubt the thieves even realise what they have. Besides, the data is encrypted.

: Our people are pursuing every lead.

: With all due respect, old friend, don't you think it's time the Jedi got involved? Master Kiwiiks and I must speak with the Supreme Chancellor. I need you here, finding those design files.

: Anything is better than talking to politicians.

: A Jedi after my own heart.

: You stay as well Kira. Your security expertise may come in handy.

At this point, a man in uniform ran into the office, panting heavily.

: General, we have a lead on the thieves.

: This is Agent Galen with the Strategic Information Service. Agent, these young Jedi will assist you.

: Thirty-two hours ago, thieves raided a military storehouse. They stole weapons, supplies and the data files for the Planet Prison project. The thieves' leader slipped up--showed his face to a security camera. We identified him from our criminal database.

: Vistis. Rodian smuggler, staying with the so-called Migrant Merchant's Guild. Nasty bunch of criminals.

: Why would alien gangsters rob a military storehouse?

: They'll hand over everything they stole, or else.

: We don't want to start a gang war, but I doubt we can avoid using force. The guild is a violent, well-armed criminal cartel. Invading their headquarters is something only a Jedi could pull off.

: Oh dear. I really must go and sit down. Excuse me...

: Agent, Lets use your fancy security network to distract those gangsters. Give my friend and the thief some quality time.

: When you find Vistis, contact me. The data files are top priority but try to recover everything else that was stolen from us. Good luck.

SWTOR Codex posted:

General Var Suthra [Knight]

A Mon Calamari war veteran who fought alongside Master Orgus Din against the Sith Empire during the Great War, General Var Suthra is now in charge of developing new military technology for the Republic. Var Suthra oversees all the top-secret military facilities where new weapon prototypes are being developed. Cool-headed as a strategist, Var Suthra is nonetheless passionately committed to defeating the enemy once and for all.

General Var Suthra has no family but the Republic he serves. He saw the devastation of Coruscant when the Sith Empire sacked it and vowed "never again." Var Suthra is merciless towards the Empire, sympathetic towards the Jedi and always seems to be carrying the weight of the galaxy on his shoulders.

One long Taxi ride later

SWTOR Codex posted:

Old Galactic Market

Twenty years ago, the old Galactic Market was a bustling centre of commerce where the goods and wealth of the galaxy flowed freely. Since the Treaty of Coruscant, however, the market has become a shadow of itself.

The old Galactic Market was the site of extraordinary scenes after the war. Thousands of homes in the lower reaches of Coruscant--most belonging to poorer families--were destroyed during the imperial invasion. The homeless families squatted in the marketplace; when ordered to leave by the Republic military forces, the squatters rioted in protest.

The market has never been truly safe since, and the criminal Migrant Merchants Guild has gradually established its own control over the area. While careful and well-armed visitors can still find useful technology or rare weapons there, most are advised to stay away.

On my way out of the Taxi landing, I came across the slimiest little poo poo individual I have ever had the "pleasure" of meeting,

: Honourable Jedi--a moment, please. I great you on behalf of the great and noble Senator Doli-Bur Barc. The Senator sent me as his representative, though he would prefer to be here himself. He loves to walk among the people.

: If your Senator wanted to be here, he'd be here.

: Oh, he does. He stopped here on his way to the spaceport last year. He even waved to some of his admirers. Today, the senator sent me to find brave and loyal citizens to help with a security crisis. It involves his work to restore the Republic to glory by re-establishing our technological superiority.

: Can you explain that?

: Absolutely! Senator Barc believes technology is the key to strengthening our military and re-establishing our healthy economy. Recently, the Senator arranged to acquire a shipment of computer chips--advanced hardware that could create whole new industries for the Republic. Unfortunately, the shipment was hijacked by the Migrant Merchants' Guild. Now Republic security is afraid to take on the guilds thugs.

: The officers at Republic security sound pretty pathetic.

: Someone round here needs to take a stand against the Migrant Merchants' Guild. The Senator wants me to find that someone. Recovering the shipment of chips from the guild would be a great service to Senator Barc and the Republic.

: This is almost going to be too easy for me.

: I can tell you're a woman who means what she says. I'm glad I found you. To find out where the guild has hidden the Senator's shipment, you'll have to speak with Security Captain Denal-Zon--he ran the investigation. Then return the shipment to Senator Barc's office in the Senate tower. I'm sure he'd want to thank you personally.

Making my way through the Galactic Market I came across an alien and a Coruscant Security officer arguing loudly.

: I'm desperate, Mal!

: I wish I could help, Nik, I really do, but I can't spare the manpower.

: Is this what the Republic has been reduced to? Indifference to the suffering of aliens?

: The Republic isn't fond of non-human species.

: You're very right. But at least you're in a position to do something about it. For us, there is no justice. We are ruled over by gangsters who call themselves the Migrant Merchants' Guild! While Republic security-

: Nik, none of you should be living here. We can't guarantee your safety. You know that.

: Our homes were buried under rubble during the war! Not our fault that the businessmen here are all crooks.

: Is everyone living here so sensitive or is it just you?

: I'm sorry if my pain causes you discomfort, but the situation is intolerable! The Republic considers us squatters and wants us out! The Migrant Merchants' Guild claims to protect us, but all they do is exploit us! Now the guild has kidnapped my mate Ria and put her to work as an entertainer. Ria! Forced to dance for the pleasure of scoundrels!

: Why did the guild kidnap your mate?

: Because I failed to make my "protection" payments. And as you can see Republic security couldn't care less.

: Oh for goodness sake, Nik! Give it a rest!

: There's no telling what humiliations and depravities Ria's been forced to endure. My beloved is worth a great deal to me. Bring her back and I will reward you handsomely!

: All right, I'll do it. I was always a sucker for people in love....

: Thank the Ancestors! I cannot explain what this means to me! Ria is being held with the other dancers in the guild headquarters. She's a beautiful Nautolan with lovely green head-tresses--I'm sure you'll know her.

A little further along I came across the security captain the Senators page had mentioned, Talk about stiff and formal, the iron rod up his arse had an iron rod up its' arse.

: In accordance with Security Force Regulation 11-95, conversations with non-security personnel are to be kept to a minimum. Lets make this quick. I'm Captain Denal-zon, Senator Barc's page "ordered" me to give you information regarding the Senators stolen goods.

: Where can I find the shipment?

: look I don't work for him. If you want that information, we're gonna have to come to an understanding. Did the Senator's crony tell you where the shipment came from, or what those computer chips are for?

: Now that you mention it, he didn't explain anything about the chips.

: I'm not surprised. These political types like to gloss over details. The chips are from the planet Ryloth. They're designed to operate remote control slave collars. Under Republic Law 44-12, Rylothian Slave collars and the chips used to make them are illegal in Republic space--even for Senators.

: Barc must be aware of the laws.

: Sure. He just doesn't think they apply to him. Our immediate problem is that these slave collar chips are spread around the Migrant Merchants' Guild headquarters. First priority is to get the shipment back together again. After that, bring the chips back to me and I'll make sure they're destroyed.

: Do you intend to prosecute Senator Barc for this?

: Not up to me. My superiors will decide how to proceed with the case. Find the chips and get out of the guild warehouse. Once you've got everything, I suggest you let us deal with the shipment--not the senator.

: If there's one thing I hate more than anything its slavers, you'll get your chips, Captain.

So much for my hopes that Coruscant would be a nice quiet holiday, after Tython I had hoped I could have time to relax and see the sights. It looked like it was time for more work instead. My parents used to say there is no rest for the wicked; based on what Coruscant had to throw at me I must have been wicked.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 22, 2013