Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coruscant Episode 2: Warning: Cyborgs might be Freaks

: Two taxis to the market district.
: Why two, sir?
: Unless you can magic room for our guns, we'll need two. Don't worry, they're locked in autopilot, so no chance of them getting separated.

: Ah hell! Why is thing locked in autopilot?

: A lot of recruits used to come down here to relax. That bar served some of the best drinks in the sector.
: And I'm sure you're telling me this with no alternative motives.
: Perish the thought, sir.
: Once we're done with our orders. Then we'll see.

: Let's get down to business.
: Here's the situation, sir. The Migrant Merchants Guild is a criminal organization comprised primarily of non-humans whose homes were destroyed by the Empire's assault on Coruscant. They began squatting in this district and refused to leave when Republic security tried to push them out. There's been an uneasy truce ever since.
: A truce? With bums? This is the Capital of the Republic! Why do we put up with this?
: With resources so low, Command decided that conflicts elsewhere take priority over securing this particular patch of Coruscant.
: What will Command surrender to next? Garbage piles?
: General Garza informed me that your primary target within the guild is a cyborg inventor named Krel.

: Only triple? Here I was hoping for a real fight.
: Additionally, Krel has designed and constructed a full platoon of advanced war droids that we believe are intended for Tavus and the other SpecForce traitors.
: A full platoon is a lot of firepower to lose. Tavus is really gonna feel this one.
: General Garza wants all of Krel's war droids neutralized before they can be shipped out, sir.
: What's so advanced about these war droids?
: Heavy armor, multiple integrated weapons systems, and advanced combat targeting logic, sir. The deadliest droids money can buy.
: And still nothing next to a properly trained soldier. You won't see droids like these on important operations for a reason.
: Krel has his war droids patrolling the Migrant Merchants' Guild base. General Garza wants all of the found and destroyed.
: If the general just the whole place gone, then why not call in an air strike?
: The Guild is a civilian organization. The general decided that a full-scale attack would make us look like the bad guys.
: And an assault on their headquarters by Republic soldiers won't generate any suspicion?
: If it comes down to it, I'm sure the general will handle it. Now let's go kill us a Cyborg.

: Hey Sergeant, we need to make a quick detour.
: Roger that. Can I ask why?

: That's why.

: What is it?
: I don't rightly know.

: But drat if it don't feel good. Keep an eye out for more of these.

: Let's get to work.

: What's your plan for taking on Krel?
: Well I thought I might knock on his door and shoot him when he arrives.
: Funny, but Krel isn't some backwater separatist. We need to have a method for taking him on.
: Fine, I'll think of something before we get there. Don't worry.

: Hey Krel!
: Lieutenant!?
: Don't worry, I figured out what we need to do.

: And that would be?
: I shoot Krel and you take care of droids.
: You are a true tactical genius, sir.
: Bite me. I didn't have much time to work with.

: When you die here today, your feeble Republic will learn what it means to meddle in my work.
: I'm here to take you down.
: You're a brave fool, aren't you? But bravery cannot save you. You're far too late - my plans are already in motion. Soon, the people of this world will be brought to their knees by my greatest creations. My masterpieces.
: These are you last moments. Don't waste them on threats.
: This is no idle threat. The droids you've destroyed were mere playthings compared to what I have now created.

: The cyborgs' enhancements are internal and undetectable. The subjects don't know who among them augmented. And neither will anyone else - until it's much too late.
: This guy's full of it. I don't buy any of this.
: Agreed. Hey Krel, I'm about to rip out whatever part of you is still alive.

: Jorgan! Hit the droids!

: WOW! He was notelectrically shielded!

: These situations are never easy - these people did not choose what they now are. But many more lives could at stake. You have to eliminate Krel's creations.
: Krel might have been bluffing, sir.
: Whether Krel was bluffing or not, these cyborgs are a risk we cannot allow. I'm giving you the kill order, Lieutenant. I take full responsibility for the consequences. Now get it done.
: Yes, ma'am. I'll take care of it.

: You're the boss.

: We heard all of we fighting, and the heard you talking to that freak Krel! We're not coming out until you swear you won't hurt us!
: My orders to kill you, and that's what I plan to do. I'd rather get this over with unless you want to starve to death.
: But we're not cyborgs! I'd know if I was some half-machine freak! This is insane!
: You out there! Listen - I'm not sure about these other, but I can assure you I'm not a cyborg!
: What? Are you calling me a freak like Krel? I'm not a freak! Maybe you're the cyborg, and you're trying to trick everyone!
: I am not! He spent far more time operating on you than he did on me, so if anyone is-
: Would you all shut up in there? Fine, prove you aren't cyborgs and I'll let you go.

: No.
: This is insane!
: You've mentioned that.
: Even if a few of us are cyborgs, would you really murder all of us just to be sure none of the cyborgs escape?
: Yes. I'm getting tired of arguing this trough a door. I'll compromise, give me your names and identification numbers.
: What? So you can track us all down and kill us later? No way!
: If it gets us out of here alive, then it's worth it. We'll put the information on a datapad for you, soldier.

: Here's the datapad, soldier. Thank you for sparing us. Let's go home, everyone!
: Where do you think you're going?

: We could have let them go. Monitored them just in case.
: Orders are orders. This way we don't leave anything to chance.

: Thank you, sir.
: Report back as soon as you are able. Your next assignment has already arrived.
: Permission to speak freely, sir?
: Do you even need to ask?
: I think I could use a drink.
: Sounds good to me. Let's go hit that bar.