Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coruscant Episode 3: 3rd Floor: Scum, Villainy, and Weapons of Mass Destruction

: So you can kill Imperials, but a guerrilla mentality won't cut it in the big time.
: It's gotten me this far just fine, but why were you looking through my record? Cause whatever you read, what I did wasn't technically illegal.
: What? I just like to know who I'm serving with. Especially if they're giving the orders.
: Oh, never mind then.
: When I signed on with the Deadeyes, my CO was Lieutenant Vorne - certified was hero, as decorated as they come. When he gave an order, we trusted it, followed it to the letter. A squad needs that kind of commitment to operate effectively.
: You saying you don't trust me?
: I'm saying trust requires more than a slick new promotion. Havoc Squad is the Republic's most elite unit. We tackle the missions no one else can handle.
: I wouldn't have been assigned this position if I couldn't, you know that.
: Hmm. Good answer.

: Thanks, Jorgan. I won't let you down. I have question before we leave though. What are the Deadeyes?
: :sigh: I'll tell you on the way.

So something weird happened with the first companion chat. The game crashed pretty much as soon as I started it, then registered the chat as complete. So for a brief overview, Aric Jorgan served in the Deadeyes, an elite sniper squad, right before he got the promotion to lieutenant and the transfer to Ord Mantell. I think that gives him the some of the most actual combat experience of all the starting companions, probably tied with Qyzen Fess and second to Khem Val.

: drat. If they could make politics exciting, I wouldn't mind working here.
: It sure is impressive. This is my first time inside the Senate itself.

: Lieutenant. Congratulations again on your work with the Migrant guild, it was a difficult situation, and you handled it well. Now let's move on to your next target, the Black Sun. A powerful organization composed of Coruscant's most violent criminals.

: We can't let that nerve gas reach Tavus.
: A SpecForce sergeant, Jaxo, has carried out some advance reconnaissance of Black Sun's headquarters. You'll rendezvous with her for a detailed plan of attack. Use all necessary force, Lieutenant, dismissed.

It should also be mentioned, in case you haven't figured it out, that taking a cab is the only way to get anywhere on the planet. There are a good 7 or 8 terminals that you become intimately familiar with over your stay.

: We should stay sharp down here. I doubt the Black Sun is very welcoming toward authority figures.
: It's just a bunch of gangbangers. So what if they have some gas. It doesn't make them any more effective at fighting.
: Neither does being overconfident. Just don't want anything unexpected to get the jump on us.

: And I'm guessing you're our undercover sergeant.
: And you would be right, though I'd appreciate it if you didn't go around telling the whole world. You should already know your job, so here are the finer points. The gas is called Trivoris. Scary stuff - one canister can cover a square kilometer, with one hundred percent fatality inside of ten minutes.
: Can't say I'm too excited to be near this stuff.
: No joke. Volunteers aren't exactly lining up for the pleasure. Lucky for us, it's pretty easy to neutralize Trivoris - at least while it's still in the canister. Here.
: What's this?
: The compound in this bottle renders Trivoris completely inert on contact. Just pug it inside the Black Sun base and the whole batch is history.
: Remind me again why we can't just shell the place?
: It's a gas. it'll just disperse into the atmosphere.
: drat.
: You also have another objective. A few hours ago, a bright red case was moved into the Black Sun's base under heavy guard.

: One last detail. There are signal jammers all throughout the base, so General Garza won't know to send help if you get in over you head.
: I'll be sure to stay alert, Sergeant.
: Just wanted to make sure you got all the facts. Good luck, Lieutenant.

: Sergeant!
: :sigh: Let me get something ready then.

: What the hell is that?
: Something I keep for emergencies.
: You look ridiculous.
: This coming from the woman who's climbing crates to reach a box.

: Ahh, alright let's get to saving the planet.
: Yeah, before that, how are you going to get down? In case you missed it, there aren't any ladders up here.
: What? Is that why you wore that thing?
: In emergencies it can double as a parachute.
: Ah, hell. When we get back to base I'm going to requisition some sort of anti-falling device. Sorry knees, time to take one for the team again.

: Well it wasn't all that heavily guarded. Let's open her up.

: So what is it?
: It's a blaster? Looks pretty high-tech. Hold on to it for me, we still have to find those canisters.

: Alright, I think we're done here. Let's get back to Sergeant Jaxo.

: Mission complete.
: Great, how about that red case? Were you able to grab whatever was inside?
: Here you go, Sergeant.
: I've never seen one quite like it. Must be some sort of new prototype. Guess we're done here, then. It's been fun, Lieutenant. I hope we get to run together again sometime.
: You stay safe, Sergeant.

: What's wrong? You need a Senator dead or something?
: No, absolutely not - tempting as it may be at times like this. Despite my best efforts, three member of the Senate Defense Committee have learned about Havoc Squad's defection, and they want to know the specifics.
: Oh crap. Can't we just tell them no?
: These bureaucrats control our funding and jobs, Lieutenant. When they ask, we answer. Now, I'm barred from influencing your testimony, but I will remind you that the more information that becomes public, the harder our job becomes.
: Are you telling me to lie to the Senate, General?
: I never told you to lie. That would be illegal. I have merely reminded you of a relevant fact. The Senators are already waiting for you. Hurry back to the tower and get this over with. Garza out.

: Politics and lying. I think I'd rather just go back to war.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 5, 2013