Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coruscant Episode 4: The Politics of Annoyance

: Are you sure you can't take point on this?
: No. You should have expected this when you accepted leadership of the squad.
: I thought that just meant harder assignments, not politics.
: You can look at it as a special assignment if that helps.
: Not really.

: Let's get this over with.
: I assure you we will not hold you from your duties any longer than necessary, Lieutenant.
: The purpose of this inquiry is to investigate the defection of several members of Republic Special Army Special Forces squad number 326, code named "Havoc Squad," to the Sith Empire.
: Now, you recently served in Havoc Squad on Ord Mantell, Lieutenant. Is that correct?
: Yes, sir.
: Good, no, did Commander Tavus or any of the other members of Havoc Squad show signs of, say... instability? Anger? Frustration?
: I don't believe there were any such signs, Senator.
: Lieutenant, let us speak hypothetically: Do you believe that anyone serving on Ord Mantell should have seen this situation coming?
: No. Are we almost done here?

: Senator, I would remind you that circumstances of Ando Prime are classified and occurred before the lieutenant's involvement in Havoc Squad. You may ignore that question, Lieutenant.
: Hold up, I want to hear about this. Tavus said the Republic left Havoc to die on Ando Prime. Is that true?
: Your part in this inquiry is concluded. You may return to your duties now.
: You son of a bitch.
: Goodbye, Lieutenant.

: Goddamn them.
: You did fine, sir. Politicians are never easy to deal with.
: Let's see what the general wants us to do now. I need to hurt something.

: First, let me congratulate you for your work on the Black Sun operation. You did well, disabling that nerve gas. Also, that prototype blaster you confiscated will teach us a great deal about the Black Sun's sources.
: You're welcome.
: However, whatever you hoped to achieve with your Senate testimony, you certainly didn't make my job any easier.
: And I'm not a fan of lying. Next time, send someone who cares about politics.
: The easier my job is, the easier your job is, Lieutenant. Try to keep that in mind. On to more pressing issues. My agents have discovered a vital new link to Havoc Squad here on Coruscant.

: The guy must be ancient by now. Who cares what he's doing?
: Don't underestimate this man. He may not be young anymore, but he's no less dangerous for it.
: He could also be supplementing himself with some top-of-the-line cybernetics. Krel's only been out of the picture for a small while.
: The Sergeant would be correct. Kardan resigned his commission and disappeared after the debacle on Ando Prime. If he's turned up now, it can't be a coincidence.
: The senators didn't answer me when I asked them. What happened on that planet?
: We sent Havoc to Ando Prime to cut off an Imperial offensive, but the enemy numbers were much higher than intel had led us to believe. When we tried to extract them, the Senate shut down the entire operation. We were "causing an incident" and "breaching the peace." Bureaucrats. Havoc was left with no support and no way home. But in spite of insurmountable odds, Kardan led Havoc out of there alive.
: So the Senate really did betray them.
: They were put in a terrible situation, Lieutenant, but that doesn't excuse their actions. Kardan resigned as soon as learned the truth, and Tavus took over the squad. They were never quite the same. What's important now is that we've discovered Kardan's location. I want you to bring him in at all costs.

: If possible, I'd like you to capture him alive. If he is involved in the defection, he could provide us with valuable intelligence.
: I'm not so good at the whole no-killing bit. If he presents a threat I can't promise I won't take him out.
: I understand, just don't let your trigger finger get the better of you.
: Little Twitchy?
: The vigilante group Kardan is working with is called the Justicar's Brigade. They control a large area of Coruscant's lower levels and are openly hostile to all outsiders. Our surveillance shows that Kardan spends most of his time in the Justicar's main base. You will attempt to capture him there. Dismissed.

: Look, I'm more likely to kill the guy than anything, so you get to negotiate with Kardan.
: If he knows where Tavus is, then we can't afford to kill him. Just keep that in mind and I'm sure-
: It's fantastic, isn't it?
: What?
: The Senate tower - every officer should see it sooner or later.
: That's nice, but who the hell are you?

: Now I represent a group of loyal citizens, willing to go any length to protect the true Republic from it's enemies.
: "True Republic?"
: The true Republic is the one based on ideals - on the principles that carried us through history. Until now. Dangerous radicals are about to make a massive power play in the Senate.
: Radicals? Didn't you just say that you were willing to go to any length?
: This is no time to be throwing around baseless accusations. Senator Glearius Parvil is gathering support to break ties with the Jedi and establish an alliance with the Sith Empire.
: Seems like everybody is jumping ship these days.
: No doubt. First it was just some fringe star systems, but now it's happening a lot closer to home. Now, my colleagues discovered a way to expose Parvil's plan to the public, turn the political tide against this insanity. But our one shot's about to pas us by, Parvil's put us all on Senate security's watch list. We can't even get near the tower.
: Please tell me your plan doesn't involve talking with him.
: You mean you'd actually be willing to help us?
: Sure, if it doesn't involve talking with him. He doesn't deserve his position if he's just going to turn tail and run away.
: I promise, you won't have to say anything. A diplomatic parcel is being delivered to Senator Parvil's office via courier droid. All you'd have to do is steal the parcel and smuggle it out to me.
: Fine, I'll be back in little bit.
: This means so much to us...and to the true Republic.
: Why are we helping her? We should be going after Kardan.
: I won't turn down an opportunity to hurt a politician right now. Kardan won't be going anywhere for a while.

: Gotcha.

: Hold up there, what are you doing!?
: Dammit.

: This is the heart of the Republic, the greatest bastion of democracy in the galaxy! Now I demand to know why you have tampered with the Senator's personal droid.
: To, uh, protect the Republic?
: By breaking the law and undermining the political process? I find that hard to believe. I know you people and your drivel about protecting the "true Republic"
: How the hell did you know that?
: However unpopular Senator Pervil's ideas might be, the principles of the Republic give him the freedom to express those ideas. Let me propose a way for you to do what's right and still collect your fees. I have this parcel of agri-
: Gonna stop you right there. If this wasn't the Senate tower I would shoot you for trying to bribe me.
: You're making a mistake. I assure you - Senator Pervil is committed to his principles and I am, too, now more than ever. You may slow us down, but we will see his plans become reality.
: Move out, Sergeant. And you keep an eye open when you sleep, Freckles.

: How did it go? Did you get Pervil's documents?
: A Page saw me, but he won't be a problem.
: It doesn't matter. So long as you have the evidence we need. I'll take the parcel and you can have your reward. Rest easy knowing Senator Parvil's motion will never pass.
: It's been a pleasure. Guess it's time to not kill someone.