Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 15: LEARNING IS FUN

Previously posted:

JEDI MASTER YUON PAR is dying of an ancient darkside plague created by long dead Sith Lord TERRAK MORRHAGE. The only cure- a lost ritual created by a Jedi Healer who sacrificed themselves centuries ago to defeat MORRHAGE. Now, JOLUNE MOL'NEUX travels to the ruins of the JEDI TEMPLE in search of the ritual, but dark forces are moving to thwart her mission...

: What are those troopers up to?

: OK... here's the next page... ahem; “5/17/8240: I had the dream again last night...”

: Do the voice, do the voice! Come on man, that poo poo's hilarious.

: Alright, alright. “5/17/8240: I hed the dweam agin lest night. My soul is went by dawk uuuuurrrrges. Are these feewings natwel? Whenever I see Padawan Awgal, I fink of... ” oh, wow. Wow. That is... that is amazingly explicit. I don't think I can read this out loud any more. At least not without charging.

: Aww, come on Sir... wait, who's that running tow-
aaaaahhh!!!

: Aaaaarghh!!!

: This must be the Jedi's journal those mercs were hunting. Can't let the Empire keep something like this.

: …

: Something wrong?

: Feel unwell. Never seen body break apart like that before. Where did commando head land?

: Over by the pillar... Maybe I did go a little overboard. But there is a special circle of hell for people who read other people's journals, and then tell THEIR STUPID FRIENDS about what they found, while LAUGHING like it's all just ONE BIG JOKE.

: I... think I not ask further questions.

: This is the archive the Noetikons spoke of... still powered. Amazing really, considering the Jedi stopped paying the electric bills when the Temple was blown up.

: A stellar work, one part computer, one part holocron. Truly ingenious.

: I'm sure, under happier circumstances, I could lose myself in it for hours but...

: NERRRRDS.

: Masters, you know why we've gathered.

: The Jedi Order is imperiled by an ancient plague- one that warps the minds of even the wisest of Masters and turns them to the dark side.

: Yes... we know? I just said that everyone knows why we've gathered.

: We all know that! Everyone knows why we've gathered!

: But she cannot do it without our help.

: Millenia ago, a powerful ritual was developed to shield the Jedi from the power of this ancient plague.

: WE KNOW. WE ALL KNOW WHY WE'RE HERE.

: The ritual cut off the plaguemaster from his victims, but it exacted a great price from the healer who wielded.

: We know that because we're linked. She knows that because Chamma just told her. Why is everyone repeating things everyone knows? Is anyone even listening to me? Hello? HELLO?!

: I give up.

: The ritual is a difficult one to learn, Jedi, and will take many hours of deep meditation and study.

: Are you ready to learn it?

: You give your life to the Order and everyone just treats you like furniture, I don't know why I even bother...

: I am ready, Master.

: Then open your mind, and we will teach you.

I INVITE YOU TO IMAGINE AN AMAZING TRAINING MONTAGE HAPPENING NOW. HERE'S SOME APPROPRIATE MUSIC, TO GET YOU IN THE MOOD. TIME PASSES, AND JOLUNE MASTERS THE RITUAL.

: Such a bright, inquisitive mind. It has been an honor to teach you.

: :eng101:

: But remember- the shielding ritual will draw on your strength, and you can only regain what you've spent when the plaguemaster's bond with his victims is broken.

: :eng99: ...How do I break the bond between plaguemaster and victim?

: Death was what broke the hold of the original plaguemaster, Terak Morrhage. But there may be another way.

: ...Which is?

: Wait! What was the other way to break the plaguemaster's hold?!

: Is anyone going to tell me?

: It could be useful to know!

:Hello? Hello?

: Ha! Now you know what it's like to be me!

: Nuts.

: Double nuts. Who is your master? What does he want?

: If my master wanted you to know his name, he'd give it to you himself.

: Except for mine, you mean. My healing.

: What good will that do you? The technique kills those who wield it. How many could you have shielded before it killed you? One? Two? Even if it was a hundred, ultimately, you would collapse.

: Why am I getting the impression that Yuon's not the only victim of your master? What has he done?

: He's made Jedi... useful. For the first time in their lives.

: And do what? Kill him? That's not the Jedi way now, is it? The Jedi way is weak and cowardly. Even now, you talk rather than attack.

: We don't have to fight. We could...

: Aaah!

: OK, maybe we do have to fight.

: Charge!

Despite the Exciting Battle Cutscene previous, when you regain control of your character you're not in combat, and the Mysterious Sith and his two acolyte minions are just waiting on the other side of the room. This lets you apply buffs and so forth before engaging or, as I've done here, trap the Sith with Force Lift- taking him out of combat while you and Qyzen mop up his followers.

: Glawp!

: Put him down!

The Sith can use Force Choke, to paralyze and damage one character.

He can also use Force Lightning to deal lots of damage and slow player movement. Interestingly, the player Sith characters can't use both those powers in the same build- Choke is a Sith Warrior power, and Lightning is a power for Sith Inquisitors.

Anyway, he can be a challenge if you don't use your skills efficiently- he can put out a fair amount of damage, and has minions to distract you, but if you keep him focused on Qyzen and support as needed, it's fairly straightforward.

With all the clutter this isn't a very good screenshot, but I liked that Jolune killed him so hard his corpse went flying.

: OK?

: I'm ok... mostly. How's your neck?

: No concern. Is good day- Sith worth many, many Jagannath points. Scorekeeper smiles on us.

: My first Sith kill. I suppose I should put a notch on my lightsaber... oh! Someone's been trying to call me...

: Did you find anything in the Jedi Temple?

: The ancient Masters taught me a technique to shield Yuon. And then they got blown up by a Sith. Oh, there are Sith here too. And Imperial soldiers. And battledroids. Basically, I think a war's broken out and no-one told us.

: Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Still, there is hope after all.

NEXT TIME: One quest ends, and another begins.

BONUS QYZEN QOLORING TIME:

It's Trandoshan molting season soon, and our pal Qyzen Fess needs a new look. Here are the choices:

From left to right:
a) Butterscotch.
b) Peppermint.
c) Strawberry.
d) Licorice

or we can stick with what we have now:
e) Vanilla

The choice is yours!

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 14, 2014