Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I played this, like, ten years ago or so, but it's even more aggressively :japan: than I remember. Maybe I just have a lower tolerance these days...

:spergin: Looking at the code, it doesn't seem like the choices in the beginning influence relationships. Rather, they alter your starting stats, equipment and abilities a bit.

Surrender: +1 HP and Agility
Intimidate: +1 Mind and Attack
Escape: +1 MP and Defence

Any place: +1 MP and Agility
Rest: +1 HP and Attack
Scout: +1 Mind and Defence

Test myself: Learn Meditation, +1 HP and Defence, equip Survival Knife, Leather Armour, and Bandanna
To explore: Learn Vision Stance, +1 Agility and Attack, equip Short Sword, Clothe, and Bandanna
For the mission: Learn DKI Charge, +1 MP and Mind, equip Survival Knife, Clothe, Wrist Band, and Bandanna

If you skip the questions, you get the Short Sword, Clothe, Wrist Band and Bandanna, but no stat bonuses and no skill, which is probably the most interesting thing about this part.

Meditation: "Breathing technique to boost offense & defense." Base power 10, some variance.
Vision Stance: "Boosts agility & defense by extended sense." Base power 10, slightly influenced by Mind, some variance.
DKI Charge: "Boosts offense, defense, & agility by this stance." Base power 5.

The fact that Mind influences Vision Stance would seem to make it the best choice as it'll scale throughout the game.

I may have a problem. :eng99: