Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Taris Episode 1: Retreading Old Ground

Click here to watch.

: Saving Senator Krasul will certainly help our affairs with the Senate. We needed someone to owe us a favor - well done.
: Just doing my job.
: You've accomplished something very important - something beyond even your assignment to hunt down Tavus and the other traitors.
: I did?
: You're in the field, Lieutenant... you see how far the Empire is reaching. A full attack isn't far off, now. To keep the Empire's forces at bay, we need the Senate's support. We need allies.
: Of course, more politics. Why doesn't the Senate just let us do our job?
: Politicians meddle - it's in their nature. So it's up to us to limit that meddling as best we can. One thing, Lieutenant. I was disappointed to learn of Wraith's escape. She's capable of causing great turmoil.

: I have little doubt. Now - our technicians have decoded the first two sets of data from the Coruscant relay. Your first two targets are on Taris and Nar Shadda.
: Can you tell me anything beyond the destinations?
: Not at this time, I'm afraid. I'll try to collect more intelligence and give you a fuller briefing when you arrive at each location. Good luck, Garza out.

: Hmm, hey Jorgan, know anything about Taris or Nar Shadda?
: I don't know much about Taris, but Nar Shadda is one of the moons of the Hutt homeworld.
: Taris it is then.

Click here for video

: I read you loud and clear, General.
: I understand you've just landed on Taris. I've already contacted our local regimental commander, Colonel Gaff, to secure his support. He doesn't know the specifics of your mission - only that he should assist you in every way possible. I'd like to keep it that way.
: I'll keep quiet on the details, General. My track record with these things isn't the best though.
: Taris is a dangerous and untamed wasteland. A Sith attack several centuries ago leveled every standing structure and virtually eradicated the local population.

: I couldn't care less about the Senate's "Symbolic goals," General.
: My briefings are not intended to entertain you. That's all I have for you, Lieutenant. Report in when your operation is complete.
: I'll contact you then, General. Todessa out.

: Welcome to Taris - I'm Governer Saresh. On behalf of the Galactic Republic I thank you for joining us in this historic project.
: I thought this place was supposed to be ruined. Looks awfully intact for a bombed world.
: That hologram is talking about a project. There might be an active resettlement going on here.

: Wow. I take back what I said.

So here's what Taris looked like back in the glory days of Sith occupation. The native resolution has grown obviously, as well as the wildlife, but that's about it. Back in KotoR 1, Taris was the starting planet on which you crashed after the Sith destroyed your ship, the Endar Spire. Most of the population was human and racist as hell, with most aliens relocated to the slums and backend apartments. Besides the aforementioned Sith occupation, there was also a wonderful little plague going around in the Undercity that would mutate you into a freak of cannibalistic nature. But at least there was swoop racing. That was always fun.

Click here for video

: Your CO sent orders to do whatever is necessary to support your mission. Of course, she didn't see fit to tell me what that mission is - care to enlighten me?
: No, sir.
: Typical. Forget the reconstruction of Taris - I've got to shift everything around and help with some "top secret mission" nonsense! Whatever Garza has you looking for, you won't find it on Taris. Nothing unusual has happened since I last took command.

: Sergeant Dorne, I don't recall giving you permission to speak.
: I wasn't speaking to you - I was speaking to the lieutenant, per General Garza's instructions. Are you ordering me to violate Code 73-B and ignore the general's directive, Colonel?
: That accent-
: Always got a regulation to quote, don't you Sergeant Dorne?

: I already told you, Lieutenant, there's nothing to find here. Taris is dangerous - casualties are common on patrol teams. It's unfortunate, but not unusual, no matter what Sergeant Dorne says. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a planet to run. Carry on with your "secret mission" - just don't muck up anything important.
: Apologies for the colonel, Lieutenant. Not all men are meant to lead.
: He's disobeying a direct order. Garza will need to hear about this.
: I can assure you. It's not the first time he's done so.
: Not much of an assurance.
: I'm Elara Dorne, sir, first class, commander of Search and Rescue Squad 204. We have three full squads, all MIA on patrols. The situation is critical.
: Is that really cause for concern here?

: Casualties are common on swamp patrols. Rakghoul attacks account for the majority - approximately eighty-seven percent.
: Whatnow attacks?
: Rakghouls. Mutants created by a virus that they transmit through violent contact. Vicious creatures, however SAR sweeps discovered no evidence of rakghoul activity in these instances - someone else attacked those teams. If you're looking for unusual activity, then this is it, sir.
: Thank you, Sergeant.
: I included the last known coordinates for the MIA patrols in my official incident report, Lieutenant. I'll load it onto your datapad for your review. Taris falls under unexplored/unsecured territory protocols - all armor-cams transmit to SAR Command. I'll contact you with developments.
: Sounds like a plan. We'll keep in touch.
: Good luck, Lieutenant.

: Has little Jorgan finally met his dream girl?
: Don't be ridiculous! Uh, Lieutenant. I'm sorry I said anything.
: Just having a bit of fun with you, Jorgan. We might want to pay close attention to Dorne though. I've heard that accent too many times to trust it now.
: Roger that. Guess it's off to work, then. I'll watch our backs.