Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Part 9: Raise the Jolly Frogger

:siren:VIDEO: Talk Like a Pirate:siren:

So ye finally woke up.

Oh Sarge, thank goodness!

I dunno what I woulda done if you didn't wake up!

Gero? How'd we survive that?

This man saved all of us.

Ahoy! Captain Frog's me name! Never thought I'd live to see a bunch like ye fall in from the upper world. Ye're lucky I happened to be makin' me rounds today.

There's no straight equivalent for "pirate talk" in Japanese, so in the original, Captain Frog just talks like your typical boisterous tough guy. But if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, sails like a duck, and has an eyepatch like a duck, that means I get to go to town! :yarr:

Captain Frog's another one of the game's original characters, rather than a clone like Moano or Oyuki. He's voiced by Eiji Takemoto, who also voiced Raven from Tales of Vesperia, and Ramon from The King of Fighters series.

Our boat was smashed to pieces, but at least our lives were spared.

Your Boat became Boat Wreckage!

And we even get to keep it! :v:

I'm amazed ye survived a fall from that height. I'm not one to be superstitious, but ye oughta be thankin' the sea gods for that.

Especially considering what salt water does to frogs. :gonk:

I bet we survived by doing what we always do!

I wouldn't brag about that...

Well, it's about time we returned to dry land. All right, me hearties, let's head back to port!

Aye-aye, Cap'n!

You can see the mid-ocean waterfall on the left. This entire second area is surrounded, and effectively cut off from the rest of the world.

Sergeant, why don't ye relax and do some sightseein'?

This place was made for us seadogs. It's a helluva town!

I'll make sure to repay you for saving our lives, my good Captain!

Arr, don't ye worry yerself about it. It's give-and-take out on the open sea!

We're headin' down to the pub to have a few in honor of us meetin' ye. Feel free join us if ye'd like. We'll have a grand ol' time!

Captain Frog, eh? Not a bad guy at all.

That's a seafaring sort for ya!

Well, Commander, let's have a look around.

Welcome to Port Revelry.

A real happenin' place, as you can see. That lady over there denies us a fun time because we apparently look dirt-poor, however.

This one's saving herself for Captain Frog. Sounds like he's got it good here--women lust after him, kids want to grow up to be like him.

The captain's not the only popular figure around, however. Someone named Moanna gave this guy a break when he was down on his luck. Despite being a rich businessperson, Moanna doesn't look down on others, instead giving the occasional debt-free loan to those most in need. This man in particular got screwed over by a loan shark, and Moanna helped him out.

He also says Moanna's kind, cheerful, and pretty, ending with, "If only I were ten years younger..."

These pirate bros are all getting screaming drunk in broad daylight. "A helluva town," indeed.

And this lady just laughs at the party's weird froggy faces.

It's the Level Balancer Ninja! He shows up at different points in the game to check our levels, and reward us for keeping them even. Since I made sure to do that, I got the Char's Rick Dom Guardian. It raises CC a little, Attack and Defense by decent amounts, and comes with the Flame Resist skill, lowering damage from fire.

We'll meet him again someday.

It's locked. No one's even home.

We interrupted this guy puking into the ocean.

Here's the Collection Maniac. He got a new outfit for a new land, unlike us. We look totally out of place.

The Falx, a type of curved sword used by Thracians, Dacians, and later appropriated by Roman soldiers, offers better attack power than the Vatras Sword, but lower CC. I decide to stick with higher CC for the time being, passing up damage upgrades for Keroro, Tamama, Giroro, and Dororo.

Notably, the weapon for Giroro here is a Derringer, a teeny tiny gun. Probably normal-size for him, though.

As for Kururu, he upgrades from the Idolm@ster CD to the Crazy ROM for higher magic damage. The CC loss is negligible, since he spends more time using Artes than normal attacks.

The Guardian shop has four new plastic models for us. The Gogg, a deep-sea mobile suit, comes with Defend II, a 10% defense boost. Makes sense, since the Gogg was built to withstand intense underwater pressure. GM Type C is a revision of the GM, but offers no skills and low stats. The Guncannon mobile suit has a cannon on each shoulder, and has Strike and Flame Resist. The Z'Gok is an improvement on the Gogg and the Acguy, and a better amphibious mobile suit than both, but only has Aqua Resist.

I'm keeping the Gundam wiki open more than an SRW LP at this rate. :argh:

This dandy fella runs the grade shop...

And it's got new stuff!

It only has a few new commands to offer, with "Use Magic" and "Protect Allies" being the most notable. Use Magic goes on Kururu, obviously, so he can concentrate more of his actions on spellcasting. Protect Allies makes an AI-controlled character aim for enemies that are attacking someone else.

I also pick up "Cure Paralysis" and "Cure Petrify," though only the former is useful at the moment.

Let's be nice to--

HISS! The cat is suspicious of Keroro.

But... I didn't even do anything...

The cat seems mystified by Tamama.

Is there something on my face?

The cat loves Giroro.

There, that's a good kitty.

It must know a cat person when it sees one. :3:

The cat hates Kururu.

Kuuu-kukukuu... like I care.

The cat adores Dororo.

We must treat animals with kindness.

This doesn't serve any purpose, just another fun thing to do with different field leaders. The game likes this gimmick.

This pirate's so plastered he can't find his way to the inn. He gives us the Grilled Salmon recipe and tells us to bugger off. It raises everyone's luck by three ranks, so it's not bad.

While bumbling around a town of drunkards and ne'er-do-wells like tourists, the platoon runs into a clearly honorable and scrupulous man.

Gero?!

Whoops, sorry matey. Wasn't watchin' me step there.

I wasn't looking where I was going, either, so it's all right.

Well ain't ye a fine fella! I bet we were destined to meet! What say we grab some grub, me bucko?

We're in kind of a hurry, so I'll pass.

Ye don't say... that's too bad. Be seein' ye, then.

That's far enough. Kindly return what you stole.

What're ye gettin' at, me hearty?

Wha?! My wallet! Where's my wallet?!

...Heh. Ye dogs're better than I thought. Never seen yer faces around here before, so I thought ye'd be easy pickin's.

I'll advise you not to make light of us. Now return the money.

Aye, ye can have it back... over me dead body!

Not so fast!

Grgh...!

He escaped me. That slippery thief...

But we got the wallet back.

Dororo, Giroro, thanks a lot! I thought we'd be camping out tonight for a minute there.

Yeah, no kidding.

By the way, Kururu. Why'd you just watch while Keroro was getting robbed? Don't try and tell me you didn't know what was going on.

It looked like I was gonna see somethin' interesting... so I let it happen cuz I felt like it.

You useless sonuva... nevermind. We've wasted enough time already. Let's go.

Giroro's right. Half the town is drunk, so why don't we join them!

This pirate just wants to have a nice quiet drink. He's in the wrong town for that.

At first I thought this guy was showing off to his girlfriend how much he could chug. Then she started counter-chugging.

Here's the guy who invited us for a pint. Don't mind if we do!

:siren:VIDEO: Party Like a Pirate:siren:

Ahoy, Sergeant, ye kept me waitin'! Ye came here at a good time.

All right, me hearties! Everything's on me!

Woohoo! Ye're a real man among men, Cap'n!

Tankards up, mateys! Let's make a toast to our meetin' with the Keroro Platoon. Cheers!

CHEERS!

One fadeout later, which I'll assume represents a night of getting smashed...

...So that's how we ended up searching for the 3 Legendary Armaments.

Arr... so that's why ye put out to sea.

Legendary Armaments, eh? I like the sound o' that. I'll not be missin' out on this!

Take a look at this frog right here on me hat--the trademark o' me crew. Ye're like brothers to us. We'll help ye any way we can!

Gero! You're really going to help us out?

O' course! Just leave the sailin' to me! Wahaha!

That's enough of your irresponsibility!

I've seized control of your ship, Captain.

What in blazes, Moanna! Ye can't just take away me ship... that's takin' yer business too far! Have ye no heart?!

Then you'll pay off the cost of your ship's repairs and mooring, your inn and tavern bills, and everything else, down to the last gold coin.

...In other words, debt collection?

I ain't got that kinda money!

Then you leave me with no other choice. Please understand. Well then, adieu to you all.

So the captain's up to his eyepatch in debt. Great!

Yet another Miss Mois look-alike! Yes sir!

HNNNGH... IT'S HER AGAIN!

But she's confiscated the ship... what should we do, my good Captain?

I've lived on the sea me whole life... it's everythin' to me. Without me ship, I got nothin' left. Me ship... she's me heart and soul...

It's like Cap'n's soul got sucked out!

We need his ship in order to continue our journey.

That's right, Dororo. Let's go after that woman!

Follow those shoulderpads!

Miss Moanna! Please wait just a minute!

We are in dire need of the good Captain's ship. If it's at all possible, then at the very least, please let him have it back!

In that case, do you plan to clear his debt yourself?

Er, we have our own expenses, so I don't think we can really...

By the way, just how much does he owe you?

One million Gold.

Forget "up to his eyepatch." Captain Frog's in Davy Jones's debt locker.

DUDE! Again! That still goes over the six-digit limit!

Huh? Now where have I seen this before...?

So... does this mean I'll never return to Pekopon, let alone continue the invasion...?

Am I gonna be trapped in this world for the rest of my life?!

That's not fair! I JUST WANTED TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME!

Uncle... well... if you'll help me with my work at Port Cordelia, I'll release the captain's ship from seizure. ...In other words, a bargaining point?

Gero! Would you really? That's so nice of you, Miss Moanna!

B-but don't get the wrong idea! I just happen to be short on help, so I'm hiring you purely out of convenience. D-don't think I'll return the ship for your sake, Uncle!

Oh, here we go. She's a tsun... tsunde... she totally wants to pick Keroro up and hug him like a stuffed animal.

If it means I'll get to use the ship, I'll do any job you want!

Well then, Uncle, please come to the harbor when you're ready.

Looks like we're indentured to Moanna now, until we can work off... one million Gold... :sigh:

Artes/Skills learned this update:

Keroro
Whiny Baby Strike: Scream and cry to solve your problems! Costs 5 Dignity Points.

Next time, we get some new swashbuckling threads, and mess up the plumbing.

Capture of the Pirate, Blackbeard, 1718, by Jean Leon Gerome Ferris, 1920.

How Ingratiating! fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 11, 2013