Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Part 10: The Prosperous Port

So long, drunken pirate town! Now that we're actually leaving, here's Port Revelry's Keparrow:
Giga Battery
Magnifying Glass
Cleansing Chalice
Space Creature

As usual, everything cool is locked away with keys, but we'll get at it later. Let's get on another boat!

VIDEO: To Port Cordelia

Uncle, I've prepared some proper sailing outfits for you. Here you are.

Got the Pirate Cosplay Set!

Along with new costumes, everyone gets a new Cosplay Arte! Always a sweet deal.

Well, time is money, you know. Let's set off for Port Cordelia.

...In other words, prepare for departure?

We can actually visit that island with the cave soon, but it's not on our itinerary for this area.

But who cares about that because here we are!

Wooow! What a pretty town!

This is Port Cordelia. It's a wonderful place to live. Our canal system makes business very convenient for sea merchants.

But not convenient for us, as we'll learn later.

Well then, Uncle, I have some matters to attend, so I'll go on ahead.

I'll be at the shop up on the terrace, so please make sure to come by later.

...In other words, our meeting place?

Let's change into our pirate outfits so we won't look like total dorks in this fancy town.

A costume designed for the Pirate Area. The skull mark gives him that great pirate look.

Pirate King Keroro gets a small speed boost at the cost of a few points of attack and defense. His first Pirate Cosplay Arte, Judgement Anchor, is water elemental, but kind of slow to use.

A costume designed for the Pirate Area. His powerful strikes can crush anything.

Meet Tamama, the Lord of Destruction. His Cosplay Artes involve a giant axe, and a helmet designed to make him look like a psycho murderer when pulled down. :black101: This title trades some defense and speed for attack. Meteor Divide is another jumping/diving move, and a pretty decent one, too.

A costume designed for the Pirate Area. No target escapes his perfect accuracy.

Giroro the Master Cannoneer loses a little attack for speed, and gets Instant Threat, where he--guess what!--shoots more guns. But in a really cool way.

A costume designed for the Pirate Area. Undersea exploration and backup is his forte.

Deep Sea King Kururu would probably make a bunch of Lovecraft references, if this was that sort of series. The bulky gear gives him a smidge more HP and defense, but less attack and speed. His water-based Aqua Gush Arte is nice for quickly hitting enemies at a distance, especially for making breathing room to cast spells.

A costume designed for the Pirate Area. Lures enemies and does scouting work from the skies.

Sky Pirate Dororo feels a little out of place in a game with no airships. Compared with his Musha Area Ninja Master title, he loses a bit of defense for more attack. He gets a classic kunai-tossing ninja technique, Binding Strike, that has a chance to paralyze the enemy.

As with all cosplay codenames, the stat bonuses and losses are negligible. Because YEAH PIRATES :yarr:

This pirate merchant wants us to shill for him at that old lady over there.

So we advertise the nice pirate's inventory of blue and green bottles.

A successful sale! He calls us over afterward...

...And rewards us with a bunch of cooking ingredients. Not bad.

The Guardian shop has one new item, Char's Z'Gok. It's another Aqua Resist Guardian, and also includes Strike.

Port Cordelia's item shop carries Best Herbs, which heal a single ally by 75%, but they cost 400 Gold a pop. That's a little steep for us, but we can always stock up later.

Upstairs of the item shop is the weapon merchant.

And we can't afford a drat thing. These are the crystal weapons, which the game notes raise speed.

But the speed bonus is nothing compared to the massive attack boost. I'm tempted to grind to afford these, but :(

This kid tells us how to change battle modes (Auto, Semi-Auto, Manual). But we don't need to know that, because the Keroro Platoon's using Manual like winners. :smug:

The sparkle in this cabinet leads to more Deluxe Curry Spice, which we still can't use. But once we get the right recipes...

At first glance, an innocuous storage room.

But this mirror is special, because it's the only thing in the game that allows the party to raise their charm.

Keroro's charm rose!

...Or so he thought!

...Hey, it didn't go up at all! What the heck?!

You get a different response for each field leader.

Tamama's charm rose!

...Or so he thought!

Tama? My charm didn't go up?

But that's okay. I'm already cute as a button!

Giroro's charm rose!

...Or so he thought!

I can tell if anything's changed... What's with this mirror...?

Dororo's charm rose!

...Or so he thought!

What in the world could this mean?

And this guy...

What? You thought I was gonna do it?

Is already the most charming.

As a welcoming gesture, this lady hands us... Chicken. I can only imagine it's a whole raw bird.

But her timing couldn't be better, because we get the Fried Chicken & Potatoes recipe right after! It increases the party's defense by 5% for a few battles.

Moanna's been waiting for us, but I'm sure she can sit around another week.

Artes/Skills learned this update:

Keroro
Judgement Anchor: Drops an anchor on the enemy from above. Doesn't come out that fast, so it's better to flinch the enemy with something else first before using this. Water elemental.

Tamama
Meteor Divide: Slashes downward with his axe from above. Good to use when you're already in midair.

Giroro
Instant Threat: Shoots quickly four times with two flintlock pistols. Then spins 'em around like a badass.

Kururu
Aqua Gush: Water jets shoot up from the ground 3 fixed spaces in front of him in sequence. Water elemental.

Dororo
Binding Strike: Jumps back while shooting out several kunai at an angle. Can cause paralysis.

Next time: A dungeon I hate. :argh:

Pirate ship playground! :woop:

How Ingratiating! fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 19, 2013