Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Nar Shaddaa Update 4: Bite my shiny metal rear end

Begin recording

Shadow Town was huge, A whole city district turned into a gigantic prison... One that swarmed with guards. This was where the Imperials kept there more "trusted" prisoners, the ones that might still be useful someday, But even so the place was filled with a quiet despair and the few prisoners I observed seem to shrink away from the guards.

Video Version

Sadic's lab was located in the very deepest recesses of Shadow Town. It was pretty lightly guarded with only half a dozen Power Guards left to guard the front entrance. When I got to Sadic I could see why, it seems that one of the subjects experimented on was Sadic himself. He'd used the Power Guard project materials to augment himself. Since I didn't have a can opener I figured this was going to be one hell of a fight. Fortunately, he hadn't surgically removed his ability to gloat along with all the other upgrades he'd applied.

: You're strong to have made it this far. But not strong enough. I am more than Sith, now. Much more.

: He's tall I'll give him that.

: Remarkable technology. So versatile. I just calculated seventeen different ways to end your life.

: And I'll only need one to end yours, Arsehole! All that hardware won't save you from me.

: I've run the numbers. You overestimate your chances. A shame you'll never understand what true power feels like. Perhaps I'll add you to my army, after all. Darth Angral would appreciate that. I might even leave your mind intact, as I did Agent Galen's..

: Prepare to become scrap metal, you twisted freak.

: That was for Galen you son of a bitch.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Lord Sadic (Knight)

Lord Sadic is one of Darth Angral's most powerful--and power-hungry--apprentices. Born to lower-class parents barely one step above Imperial slaves, Sadic quickly demonstrated a strong will, Force sensitivity and unrestrained ambition. He was the only acolyte of his group to survive the Sith trials on Korriban. Some say this was more than just luck. A string of unexplained murders at the Sith Academy abruptly ended when Sadic finally left Korriban.

Initially apprenticed to Lord Umbriss, Sadic served as his master's personal assassin for several years. That apprenticeship ended the same day Umbriss crossed Darth Angral, who "inherited" Sadic along with Umbriss's estate and wealth. Although Sadic pledged eternal loyalty to his new master, Darth Angral kept his apprentice on a tight leash. Angral recognized that of all his servants, Sadic was the one most likely to kill him.

With the fighting finally over it seemed like my backup had arrived even though I hadn't asked for or for that matter wanted any.

: Don't look so suprised. It's our job to follow people. Agent Diyaz planted a tracker on you back at headquarters.

: Standard operating procedure. No offence intended.

: Seemed only fair after you mind-tricked me. Would've been here sooner, but getting into Imperial territory without a lightsaber is complicated.

: Can't say I'm happy at you spying on me but I'm glad I don't have to hold this base by myself.

: We won't be staying long. This is Blackstar Squad, a special operations team. General Var Suthra pulled in a favor with General Garza. Got them here quick. We're demolishing this location; make sure the enemy can't recover anything useful.

: Sir, I've located the Power Guard files--including notes on how the Sith controlled them. Orders?

: Plant bad info inside those files and leave them for the enemy to find. Let the empire create its own Power Guards--but ones with a flaw we can exploit.

: Not suprised you're advocating dirty tricks--but in this case, I agree. You should check in with General Var Suthra. We'll be right behind you. Just need to plant the incendiary charges. I'd say it's been a pleasure but... Goodbye.
Later onboard the RSS Galt

: We narrowly escaped a major disaster, General--but a lot of good people died.

: Bad enough losing Chief Rieekan and so many agents. But Galen...we'd worked together for years. Just heard from Special Agent Tander. His team eradicated all trace of what happened at that Sith base. Not sure about this plan of yours to sabotage the empire. It could blow up in our faces.

: We'll give the Empire just enough information to get itself in trouble.

: It would be nice to see them on thin ice, for once. The Republic's position on Nar Shaddaa is precarious at best. Better for everyoe if this operation remains classified. I'm sealing all records of what happened here. You, me and the SIS are the only ones who know the full story.

: Don't worry. I'm not planning to discuss this with the Jedi Council. They ask too many awkward questions... Why did you kill so many guards? Whose blood is that? What is this Laffer curve nonsense you keep spouting.

: It's for the best. Thank you.

End Recording

Apologies for the shortness of this update but I didn't realise that I was that near to the end of Nar Shaddaa. If I had, I would've combined the last two updates into one. Anyway to make up for it I'll try and get another update out before the weekend. Hopefully that one will be a bit longer.