Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Taris Episode 5: One down, Four to go

: Alright, it's just a little bit of radiation. We move fast enough, we should have nothing to worry about.
: There's no such thing as a little radiation.
: Well it's not like there's a handy hazmat suit just hanging around. Now come one, not gonna kill anything hanging around here.

: Don't look at it, just close your eyes and - oh god I can see it through my eyelids.

: Okay, we're out of it, I think.
: Next time we take the heavily guarded entrance.
: Agreed. Now I see a certain something with my name on it.

This is one of those rare Two-person Datacrons. One person hits this switch to launch their partner up from the generator next to this next to it. Then it's another walk across a few pipes then a terrible jump to the prize. Honestly pretty fun since you can just launch yourselves up into the air over and over.

: And then open sky. Why didn't we just drop down from a transport there?
: There's no way a walker could get up there.
: What? No, not a walker. A dropship or something.
: But there's still nowhere for it to land.
: :ughh: We wouldn't have to land - nevermind. I see another pick-me-up I desperately need right now.
: A dropship that doesn't land? Who the heck would design that?

: Looks like we're here. Dorant should be nearby.
: Just keep your eyes open.

Click here for Video

: Ah. Exquisite. I will be requiring more rakghouls for my work, Vorzoth.
: We already gave you the rakghouls you asked for. When will you do as we asked?
: As soon as the weapon is completed. With it we will decimate the Republic outpost.

: I smell an intruder!
: So you do. Sergeant, is that really you? And you've brought that pathetic worm from Ord Mantell, just to die alongside you.
: It's Lieutenant now, dirtbag.
: So I see. You've slaughtered enough Republic enemies to be rewarded, then. Well done.
: Talk all you want, Dorant. You're not getting out of here alive.
: Your timing is impeccable. Just as I find myself with plenty of pathogen but no more suspects, you arrive. The transformation will hurt at first, but that's merely your organs rupturing and realigning. It's all over quickly, I assure you.

: *cough* What the hell is this stuff!?
: My special brew. Let me know if you feel an itching sensation.
: I'll show you an itching sensation!

: *spit* Sick bastard. I don't know about you, Jorgen, but I feel good - whatcha you got over there?

: What do we do with it? We take it back with us.
: Good idea. Garza will be pretty interested in it.
: That, and I'm not leaving anything for the Empire to recover. You grab those samples, I've got some charges to set.

: As if there could be any other result.
: Your success is consistent with your unit's reputation and operational history - all highly impressive. Oh yes, and General Garza attempted to contact you a few moments ago. I took the liberty of briefing her on the mission status. She also requested that you contact her before departing. The holocom in the next room has been prepared for you.
: Couldn't she just use the ship's? Oh well, the faster we're out of here the better. Thanks for all your help, Sergeant.
: You're very welcome. Congratulations once again, Lieutenant.

: Needles is neutralized, General.
: You've done very well. Needles was a brilliant man - taking him down was no small feat. And there's something else, Lieutenant. What do you think of Sergeant Dorne?
: She helped me when no one else would. Probably the first decent officer I've met since Jorgen.
: Yes, your reception on Taris wasn't the ideal. I'm glad you found the one useful officer in the entire outpost. Were you aware she served in the Imperial military for almost two years? It's not everyday you find two soldiers with such similar circumstances.
: ?
: She needs to learn to drop the accent. People stare when you talk like that.
: Yes, pure Dromund Kaas. Since joining the Republic, she's earned two Medals of Valor, both for rescuing wounded soldiers under fire in enemy territory. This woman has led an exceptional career.
: Exceptional women like me and Dorne should together.
: Just what I had in mind. I want Dorne in Havoc Squad, Lieutenant. Her service record is unmatched and her assistance to you Taris was beyond commendation.
: Consider it done.
: It's settled then. Congratulations, you're halfway to a full squad. I'll contact Colonel Gaff to notify him about the transfer. You should go and inform Sergeant Dorne yourself. Contact me from your ship when you've finished. Garza out.

: Pack your gear. You're with me now.
: A transfer? Into Havoc Squad? Lieutenant, this... this is the greatest honor of my career. I'm speechless.

: Forget the paperwork and just get moving. We ship out in 5.
: I'll gather my personal effects and meet you onboard your ship, Lieutenant. Thank you.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 14, 2013