Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #036
Stardate: Not a day for stupid jokes

I don't want to write this log. The last thing I want to do is remember what I just saw and type it up. I'd give Skavak my ship gift-wrapped with a kiss before... no, even that's too stupid right now.

After the Nightmare, the army therapists all told me I should write my thoughts down. I didn't take 'em seriously of course, but maybe right now I could use some of their sound advice.

So me and Corso got a tip from Ilox to head down to the industrial zone and speak to an Evocii called Ganuk. The industrial zone's the polite name for a work camp, where the Hutts keep their cheap labour for people like the Empire to exploit. All legal and above-board, at least so far as anything is on Nar Shaddaa.

Ganuk had bigger problems than a labour dispute.

quote:

Ganuk: I'm Ganuk. Foreman's my official post, but most of my time's spent organizing the resistance. First the Hutts, now the Empire, you know?

Quinine: Seems like the Empire's in everyone's hair these days.

Ganuk: Sounds like I've found a kindred spirit.

quote:

Ganuk: I sent an agent to dig up intel, find out what they're planning – but she's gone missing.

Ganuk: The plant is crawling with Imperial guards, so infiltration's not an option.

Ganuk: I need an assault on the plant, head-on. We need to get into their mainframe, see what the Empire's plotting.

I figured the Empire's always at work on some evil superweapon. A deadly poison, a huge bomb, a plague – it's just up to dashing space-heroes like yours truly to swoop in and stop it right in the nick of time, right? At least that's how it goes down in holos.

quote:

Ganuk: Glad to have you on board.

Ganuk: Find the plant's mainframe. Plug this data scanner in, and I'll get remote access.

Despite what Ganuk said, we found it pretty easy to sneak into the chemical plant. The guards were mostly focused on their Evocii workers, making sure they didn't slack off.

That doesn't mean we didn't get our hands dirty. I'd picked up some fresh detonators, and there's always something satisfying about blowing through a security checkpoint without stopping.

Soon enough we found an open connection to the factory mainframe. All we had to do was plug in Ganuk's data scanner and let him take care of the rest. Me and Corso were feeling pretty pleased with ourselves about another Imperial scheme shut down. Turns out it wasn't so simple.

quote:

Ganuk: Take a minute to rest. Must've been tough fighting through their defenses.

Ganuk: Just another second and – there! I'm in.

Ganuk: Here we are. Everything about the toxins, what the Empire's dong with them and...

Of course it's a favor for the damned Hutts. Probably the one thing they and the Empire can agree on is wiping out anyone 'inconvenient' to their own goals.

quote:

Ganuk: We've got to ask fast. No telling how many Evocii they've killed already.

Ganuk: Looks like these chemicals are used at some kind of extermination factory run by a Commander Vergost.

Ganuk: I need you to storm that factor and shut it down! Now!

Quinine: I'll strike them immediately. The Empire won't have time to react.

Ganuk: Thank you. You'll have thanks from the entire Evocii community.

Even after he started throwing around words like “extermination factory”, I still thought we were just gonna jump in there and save the day. We'd just shot up their toxin factory, right? It was going to be okay.

The extermination factory was built right into the toxin factory. The whole thing was automated and efficient, just the way the Empire likes it. Get the people you want to kill to make the poison you're going to kill them with, then walk them right next door to do the deed – saves time that way, see?

I started getting sloppy. Breaking cover when I didn't need to. Corso wanted to run in guns blazing, howling bloody murder.

I can't say he had the wrong idea. When the shooting died down, we found an alien – an agent the Empire had taken prisoner, and let her go. Don't ask me what's wrong with her face, I don't know.

quote:

Kalda Biss: I'm Kalda Biss, Republic agent. Ganuk send you?

Quinine: I took down the chemical plant for him.

Kalda Biss: Good thing he found you. His cause is running out of time.

Kalda Biss: Vergost, the commander here, he's a real monster. Once you hit the chemical plant, he stepped up the slaughter.

quote:

Quinine: What genocide program?

Kalda Biss: Something about the Empire wiping out non-humans. Whatever the specifics, you've got to stop them.

Kalda Biss: Take out Vergost before more Evocii die. I'll call in Republic support.

Once Kalda gave us the details, we

As soon as we could, we

You know what? Forget it. If the therapists want this written out so bad they can come down here from their Coruscant offices into the smoke and blood and write it themselves. I'm leaving the rest of the auto-logs as they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rpDGI4RZk

quote:

Commander Vergost: My Evocii friends will have to be patient while I destroy you.

quote:

Commander Vergost: I'll show you the death machine blueprints, if you're interested.

Commander Vergost: Aliens are weak and impure, a blight on the galaxy.

Commander Vergost: I'm carrying out the Emperor's will and gaining key alliances. This is only the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlQ2Lb_xz8

quote:

Kalda Biss: Shut up, Vergost! You're finished.

Kalda Biss: What are you waiting for? Kill the monster!

Commander Vergost: Wait! I-I know everything about the Empire's other extermination factories. You can't afford to lose me!

Kalda Biss: He's bluffing. Kill him!

Commander Vergost: She's a fool. Surely you'll earn a reward for my capture.

quote:

Kalda Biss: I hope you're right about this.

Commander Vergost: Leave the decisions to your superiors, girl.

quote:

Kalda Biss: I'll look forward to your interrogation.

Kalda Biss: That felt good. Great job taking him down.

quote:

Kalda Biss: Over here, chief. Your buddy sprung me.

Kalda Biss: Captured Commander Vergost too. Should've killed him, if you ask me.

Quinine: I'm glad that's over with.

quote:

Ganuk: I've got to take off. The factory's survivors are coming in now, and they need my help.

Ganuk: The Evocii are in your debt. You've given us the strength to keep fighting for our home.

I think someone else can play hero for a while. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bottom of a bottle.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 30, 2013