Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tatooine Update 2: Marching to a different drum.

Begin recording

At a Militia, base deep in the Tatooine Desert

: Looking good there Jedi glad you could check in. We're getting ready to ship out of Anchorhead--see if we can pick up any signals from the old Czerka base. In the meantime. We've got a new lead. Kamus hit the jackpot in those files you lifted from the Gammorreans. What have you discovered?

: One of the files was a personnel listing. It named everyone who worked at Czerka's Tatooine facility.

Most of the employees are long gone, but one stayed on-planet after the Czerka base was abandoned. If we can find him, he might be able to tell us where the facility was, what the device is...

: Maybe we could make Leksende back off!

: Probably not--but sure. His name is Grommik Kurthson. For a while he was something of a drifter--finally bought a little moisture farm.

: He won't put up much of a fight.

:Ah--right. Good reason not to fight him, then. My big worry is that Leksende and his enforcement squad will get to Grommik first--try to keep him quiet.

: You're assuming Grommik knows something.

: Sure am. Don't know if that's optimism or desperation. By the time you're through investigating Grommik, we'll be set up at our new forward base.

: We, uh... we will?

: From there, we can scout for the Czerka facility itself. Soon as you find anything, come out and meet us.

Some time later...

:This place looks like a dump, moisture collectors that couldn't fill a thimble, Guns that couldn't kill an asthmatic womp rat. This place is falling apart. I hope the old guy we need to see is still here.

Video Version

: Twenty more minutes until I'm leaving. Then the doors are closing Wallner. I love you like a brother, but the doors have to close...huh. You. You weren't here before. You came all the way out to my farm to fix my machines?

: You've clearly lost your mind.

: Nasty little rat. I lived in Anchorhead for a while. I know you don't get away with disrespect there. I started to think you wouldn't come. Most shops think it's too dangerous out here. But the sand people--they keep bashing my vaporators. Lizards chew up my guns and alarms... this place used to be a fortress, but I just can't fix things any more.

: Grommik, focus. Tell me about the Czerka base.

: Czerka was good, but I bought my equipment from AgriCorp and Balmorran Arms. Better for a farm. You'll fix it up won't you? I sent the credits...I need those repairs to protect me!

: I've had enough of this crap. Tell me about Czerka or this turns ugly.

: You're threatening me? I used to be a security man.

JEDI UPPERCUT!

: Ah! All right, blast you. I don't care. It was a long time ago. I was--I was a security officer at Czerka Secret Weapons Division 7. I was so proud.

: Any idea what Czerka was working on?

: The scientists' project--it was all secret. Czerka never told us what was in that cave. When it all went wrong... I had to lock up the base. Leave the others behind. I left the desert and the horrors and went to Anchorhead.

: That explains how you survived when no one else did.

: I think that's enough from the old man, don't you?

: You're Czerka! I recognize your uniform!

: Pity the suns dulled his brain, but then, I suspect he was never too bright. Yes, Grommik, I'm with Czerka.

: Still unwilling to come in person?

: Sometimes a little distance can be important to a relationship. Czerka found out about Grommik a while ago. We disabled his perimeter sensors and waited to see if anyone would come.

: You broke my moisture vaporators!

: Those too, yes. May I continue? Our honey pot seems to have caught a few flies, and now I'm free to murder you and the old man together.

: Surely, you realize you cannot stand against me.

: I'm speaking to you from an airship two kilometres above ground. I can target you with turbolasers and drop droids on your little heads. You might say I have the high ground. The advantage is mine.

: We have to get to shelter. Follow me!

: He can't get us here. We'll be safe...

: Well, that was exciting. I'm disappointed I didn't get to fry you, I had a nice Chianti picked out ready to celebrate your demise. But I can settle for your asphyxiation. Enjoy being buried alive, my friends. Enjoy.

: He's wrong! First, though... first... Here. This is a cache. The Czerka files I hid years ago... I buried them all over the desert, and this is the first batch. You can have them.

: It's about time I got something useful out of this mess.

: Huh. I may not like you, but I like that Czerka man even less. Maybe this...maybe these will hurt him. Now I had an escape planned when I built this place. There is a back entrance to take you outside.

: Grommik you're a lifesaver.

: Go on I need to rest awhile. I need to wait till they stop watching my farm. If you want the other files on Czerka... you'll find them in the desert. Just don't let them get away with this.

: Right, now I'm pissed. Aerial bombardment is cheating. I'm going to nail that exec to the wall. Now let's get to those caches before he realizes we're still alive and comes back for round two.

: Let's get these back to Fauler and the accountant.

: Err, boss aren't you forgetting something?

:I locked up the ship before we left. T7's been oiled...nope.

: The Shock Drum? Master Kiwiiks?

: Oh yeah that. To the weapons lab!

:What's with all the sand people?

: No idea.

: At least they don't have a sudden immunity to lightsabers.

Video version

: Someone's alive behind here. I wonder who it is?please be a Sith please be a Sith.

:Aww, just a Jawa.Please be a Sith Jawa.

: Why are you so obsessed with Sith?

:You know how long it's been since I had a good fight? Too long.

: A Jedi! See, Brrik? I told you help would come.

: Brrik happy being wrong!

: We'd almost given up hope. Thank you for saving our little family.

: You're not actually related...? Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing.

: Not all families are bound by genetics. Ours was formed by circumstance.

: Hare'en saving Brrik's clan after we losing home to Sand People. Brrik swearing to repay kindness working on Shock Drum.

: Have you come to protect the Shock Drum like Master Kiwiiks?

: What happened to her?

: She defended us against Imperial soldiers led by a Sith. She fought bravely, but the Sith was stronger.

: When I find him, he'll learn I don't dies as easily.

: She isn't dead. At least, not the last time I saw her. I assumed he was going to kill us all. Instead, he captured Master Kiwiiks alive and ignored us.

: Not ignoring! Scary man destroying Brrik's droids. Taking Brrik many hours rebuilding!

: The Sith destroyed your droids, but he didn't harm us. He said we were no threat--that we didn't deserve to die.

: If he didn't kill you, it's because he has something worse planned.

: I didn't get the feeling he intended to come back. The Sith and his soldiers took Master Kiwiiks and the Shock Drum prototype into the desert. Brrik and I were attempting to restore power to this facility and track them down when the Sand People attacked.

: Sand People always wanting facility. Waiting for sign of weakness. Seeing chance after scary man leaving.

: Why would Sand People want a research base?

: Sand People hating everyone not like them. Attacking farms, mining operations, Jawa crawlers--everything.

: This facility can pick up the Shock Drum's locator beacon, but not until we restore power. The Sith knocked out all our generators during his attack. If you reactivate them, we can find him, Master Kiwiiks and the Shock Drum.

: Power generators in desert. Desert being full of more Sand People. You having good luck out there!

: Facility power is back online. I'm afraid that's the only good news I have. I just detected the Shock Drum's locator beacon. The weapon has been activated. If we don't shut it down, the device will soon reach critical mass. When it does, Tatooine's core will explode.

: "Boom-boom" exploding Brrik's homeworld. This not happening!

: Why isn't the Sith deploying the Shock Drum someplace populated like Coruscant?

: Tatooine may not be a Core World, but there are still many innocent lives in danger. Pinpointing the Shock Drum's exact location from here is impossible. The seismic vibrations disrupt our sensors. The general region is thousands of square kilometres... we have to narrow it down, somehow.

: Maybe ultrasonic scanners finding "boom-boom."

: Brrik, that's brilliant. The ultrasonic scanners. Of course.

: Isn't there a signal you can transmit to deactivate the Shock Drum from here?

: You can only stop the weapon by entering the security code--manually. Ultrasonic scanners placed in a wide pattern will triangulate the Shock Drum's seismic disturbances. They'll reveal its location. Installing the scanners is extremely dangerous. The desert region is deadly. Ideally, we'd send an army.

: Brrik repairing droids! Jedi and Hare'en having army!

: Your droids won't be ready soon enough, Brrik. This Jedi is our only hope.

: I feel Master Kiwiiks reaching out to me. Something terrible is happening to her.

: We'll save her. That's a promise.

: Take the ultrasonic scanners. Place them at these map coordinates. We'll contact you by holo once we've triangulated the Shock Drum's location. Good luck!

: I placed the scanners. Do you have a fix on the Shock Drum?

: Collating the scanner readings now... ah! No wonder the sensors couldn't find it.... It's beneath an abandoned mining complex. I'm sending the coordinates and the Shock Drum's deactivation code. Everything depends on you, now but we'll be here if you need us.

: We're all going to make it just hang in there.

: I hope we see you again. Hare'en out....

: Greetings Jedi. I am Lord Praven. My master seeks retribution for his son's death. I must give it to him.

: Lord Sadic tried to kill me on Nar Shaddaa. He's dead now.

: An admirable victory, assuming you achieved it honourably. When my master learned you were here, he demanded I activate the Shock Drum. He'll destroy this entire world. I know you located the weapon, but that won't be enough. I changed the deactivation code.

: Lightsabers can deactivate just about anything.

: The Shock Drum is ray-shielded. Entering the proper code is the only way. Come. Face me. If I win, I've done my duty. If you win, you'll have the new code. Whatever the outcome, we'll battle with honour, I await you at these coordinates....

SWTOR Codex posted:

Lord Praven (Knight)

A Sith pureblood, Lord Praven has trained in the ways of the Force since the earliest years of his youth. Fiercely loyal to the Emperor and an ardent believer in the philosophical teachings of the dark side, Praven is surprisingly calm and collected in his speech and actions.

He follows a strict code of personal honor, and unlike many other Sith, he eschews random acts of cruelty and sadism. Despite this, he is sworn to destroy the Jedi and considers them his mortal enemies.

During the Sacking of Coruscant, Lord Praven killed Master Usma--one of the Jedi's most famous duelists--in an epic battle. But he spared Usma's young Padawan, telling her to seek him out once she had finished her training so they could face each other as equals. When she tracked him down years later, he honored his promise, sending her to the same fate as her Master.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 2, 2013