Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #045
Stardate: Time for a cold drink, I hope.

We followed the sheriff's directions to the edge of town. Sure enough, there was an old, abandoned warehouse. I don't know how the Twin Suns thought they could hide their operation in a town this small. Maybe they just figured they could blast anybody that came snooping.

Well, that didn't work out so well for them this time.

Me and Bowdaar didn't run short on pirates. The Wookie had a ball, and the look on their faces when he punted them through the air was worth the price of admission.

Fun though it was, the warehouse wasn't our main objective. A pirate dropped his comm and some instructions for a meeting with a slaver in town. Once the other pirates ran off and Bowdaar finished pounding their remains into the dirt, we dusted ourselves off and made for Anchorhead's biggest cantina.

Not a bad place, as a matter of fact. Cool drinks, shelter from the sun, and whatever the house band was playing on those flutes it was pretty catchy. I might've taken a load off, but Bowdaar was antsy to get his claws on (and into) a few more slavers.

We found the meeting place and tapped the comm, then scanned the room for who looked up.

Surprise surprise, it was the less-than-reputable looking Rattaki at the bar.

Shenax: I am Shenax, but I can't imagine what business it is of yours.

quote:

Shenax: Slave trading is perfectly legal on Tatooine. As for the notion that I consort with the Twin Suns, well – I take pains to ensure my wares' legitimacy.

Quinine: Local security is already involved; Encot sent me personally. I suggest you cooperate.

But I really, really wanted him to give me trouble.

quote:

Shenax: I... see. Then I do so under protest.

Bowdaar only let him live under protest, believe you me.

We paid Shenax in not-murdered-by-Wookie-today and took his directions. The sheriff might've been able to take it from there, but I like to provide full service day-saving so we went straight for the spaceport.

Hard to imagine a spaceport and city this small could hide a slaving operation for long. I don't know who these Twin Suns guys are, but they've got to be getting some backing from some other cartel or group. Tatooine might not be much, but the locals would come down like a hammer if they knew what was going on under their noses.

Sure enough, they'd taken over a whole hangar and parked their 'wares' and ship. The suns had lulled their guards to sleep. Showtime.

We started blasting our way through the pirate crew before they knew what was happening.

At one point, I even thought about stealing their ship. Not like they'd need it much once they were all dead, right? On the other hand, it's hard enough to keep just one ship flying, let alone two. The militia should be able to turn a few credits on it, at least.

The last man standing for the Twin Suns was the captain. He tried saying something when he saw me and Bowdaar coming over what was left of his crew, but I topped him up with buckshot before he could get a word out. I mean, what's he going to say – mistaken identity? There aren't many accidental or misunderstood slavers out there.

We found the slave pen at the back of the hangar. I couldn't find the keys anywhere, so I told Bowdaar to stay back and used my trusty lockpick.

It was only once we'd blown the door off I noticed all the slaves the Twin Suns had taken were women. As if slaving wasn't despicable and cowardly enough. We were just lucky they weren't stealing children from their beds at night. I told the poor girls the Twin Suns wouldn't bother them anymore and helped them link up with the militia outside.

And hey, if I bump into one of them in the cantina later, I've got a pretty good head start. (Kidding! I'm kidding!)

About time we told Encot about our success.

quote:

Sheriff Encot: I know! We've had some make their way back here, and they're telling everyone how one man took out all the Twin Suns.

Sheriff Encot: I'll send some of the militia boys to hold that hangar the Suns were working out of.

A bit iffy, considering it was the women of Tatooine the Suns were caging, and the militia doesn't have it in them to stop “legitimate” slaving, but a win's a win.

Bowdaar floated the idea of ripping Shenax's head off now we didn't need him, but I declined – we don't need to go starting any more trouble for Anchorhead than they've got going on, not to mention if Risha heard we were running around town playing hero instead of getting her that sensor computer she might have a few cutting remarks.

Instead, we grabbed a speeder ride into the desert toward Tookreek's bar. A desert world looks a whole lot dryer from up close, especially when you start working out how far the next canteen of water would be on foot. Hope I never find out.

Speaking of getting a drink, we made it to Tookreek's in one piece and thirsty from a day's hard work. Bowdaar's asking for water but I'm sure I can talk him into something a little more medicinal. We'll see how that goes.

##End Log##