Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #055
Stardate: Polishing my heart of gold

Things are about to get interesting. Figure now’s as good a time as any to catch up.

So we turned around and made for House Alde again. I figured it’d be nice to be rid of that head as soon as possible, not to mention the Aldes might want their speeder back.

Recommended for snooty noble undergoing mood whiplash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMBgjmMvnuc

quote:

Quinine: I still have your head. Got anything useful to trade for it?

Peema Ahuff: We got off on the wrong foot, didn’t we? I apologize if I was rude before.

Peema Ahuff: You must understand, the head of Darth Bandon is a priceless artifact. He was the Sith lord who murdered one of Alderaan’s noblest sons.

Peema Ahuff: Centuries ago, Trask Ulgo bravely sacrificed himself in combat with Darth Bandon. Trask’s martyrdom saved the Galactic Republic.

There’s plenty of guys out there who’ve been “bravely sacrificed” fighting Sith, but unless they’ve got a fancy last name nobody ever says they’ve “saved the Republic”.

quote:

Peema Ahuff: Trask’s death was a noble sacrifice. It allowed a powerful Force user to live who eventually went on to destroy the evil Darth Malak.

Peema Ahuff: Alderaan’s current king is of the Ulgo family bloodline, and he reveres his ancestor Trask.

Peema Ahuff: The remains of Trask’s murderer will be the perfect peace offering to our king. House Alde must have your head! Er, so to speak…

Peema Ahuff: You don’t have to understand the subtleties of our politics. Just know that it’s vital we reach an agreement.

I took his word on that, since it still doesn’t make much sense to me. I’d heard Alderaan was all castles and nobles, like some kind of prehistoric throwback, but seeing it all in person is a little much. Any world where a three hundred year old head in a jar is the key to peace has bigger issues than the war.

quote:

Peema Ahuff: Any payment in credits I give you for the head now will have to come from my own funds. I’m not a wealthy man.

Peema Ahuff: Please, I beg you. For the love of peace and posterity, please accept my offer of what little I possess.

Ahhhh, now this wasn’t what I wanted to hear. I didn’t expect Peema’d have another rare hyperdrive lying around but I figured the nobles would at least cough up a credit bounty for him to hand out. Much as I wanted rid of my Darthly passenger I wasn’t going to bankrupt a stuffy old man.

quote:

Peema Ahuff: You – you truly mean it! Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!

Corso: That was downright charitable of you, Captain. I hope this idiot appreciates it.

Peema Ahuff: I would kiss you, Captain, but I’m certain you would strike me for it.

Yeah, that’s about right. It’s also about the least I can expect when I tell Risha I gave her head away for nothing.

Maybe I’ll get a mention on the memorial plaque or something. I tell you, if I could spend gratitude my debts would’ve been paid off years ago. But anyway, that’s that for House Alde. Time to get back to business.

Risha’s contact was way out in the middle of the warzone. Thul troops were crawling all over, fighting the Organas, the Aldes, the Rists… probably just about everybody. I figured if I was gonna be blasting my way through their lines anyway, why not pocket an Organa bounty?

You know me by now, though – I couldn’t just go with any soft target. Had to make a splash.

Sneaking into the castle wasn’t even that hard. Thul troops, like pretty much all the House troops on Alderaan, are basically just peasants given uniforms and blasters. They hardly know how to keep their fort running, never mind fight.

One quick message to Organa fire-control, and…

…wait for it…

Bullseye!

I musta had some frustration built up from Skavak’s shenanigans. Me and Corso started sabotaging things just for kicks. For example –Thul’s blaster cannon security software? Probably worth more than their turrets as antiques.

Don’t even know what that was. Looked expensive, though.

And holy hell, was that lady pissed! It was about that point me and Corso came to our senses and ran for it.

After losing that Sith harpy, we tracked down the cave Risha’s contact was hiding out in.

Seems we weren’t the only ones, though. A Thul assault team was fighting through security droids. Seems Risha’s friend isn’t too popular. Guys who live in caves rarely are.

The Thul striketeam didn’t give us much trouble. They didn’t hear us coming up from behind, and I’ve still got my trusty scattergun. The tough part was talking our way past the security droids.

Turns out our contact had built a whole summer home in a little hidey-hole connected by the cave. Now that’s some committed hermitude, but I hadn’t seen anything yet.

Sure enough, soon as I knock security turrets pop up. Thankfully, they weren’t for me – they were for another wave of Thul assassins. Seemed they were a bit angry about what we’d done to their first wave.

That’s okay. I didn’t need all those thermal detonators anyway. Once the last Thul assassin was finally dead, Baron Venar opened his door.

Recommended for exceptional caution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH0hpGfo6G4

In case you skipped the vidlog – he’s speaking Huttese. Yup, eccentric hermit supreme. Nobody tell him everyone carries a translator on them now.

quote:

Quinine: What’s wrong, you’re too good to speak Basic?

Baron Venar: This planet is full of eavesdroppers – but few who comprehend this language. Our business will remain a secret.

Baron Venar: I possess an Imperial transmitter that will send an “all-access” signal to the Thul spaceport security doors. You’ll have full clearance to enter.

Baron Venar: Once inside, I recommend committing your crimes discretely and getting out before anyone notices.

quote:

Baron Venar: Oh, I’m sure.

Okay, technically I guess breaking into the Thul spaceport is probably a crime to them.

quote:

Baron Venar: I expect Risha to turn over every recording of my vacation to Nar Shaddaa. I’m sick of her blackmailing me.

I don’t know what Venar did, and I don’t want to know. All I need to know is I’ve got a back-door pass to the Empire’s spaceport and a clear shot at Skavak. All I have to do now is infiltrate the heart of Imperial territory on Alderaan without getting caught and break into their most secure facility.

So, you know, par for the course these days.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 8, 2013