Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Update 26: Earning our merit badges in barn opening.

Last time we hiked down to give Issac a piece of our respective minds for his general douchbaggery, and were given a quest by the Priestess of Dala to retrieve a bag of grain. We also just happened to run into Owyn's friend Squire Philip outside of the temple who gave us a hint that we should talk to Hailey Betencourt who is south of Highcastle about a potential exchange.

It is good to check the overhead map occasionally as you travel because you'll often find areas like this that scream out 'Potential Treasure'. We'll go check this out.

Suspicion confirmed! If there is a trap, then there must be treasure. Right?

I'm not seeing the tesla coils, which makes me nervous. :ohdear: I have our guys move over to the sides just in case they are covering up some part of the trap that I just can't see.

But no, this is the extent of the trap here.

Unfortunately, I was lazy and didn't bother to think out how to solve the trap. What I should have done was have Owyn push his block to the right past the one that I had James moving, and then up to block the fireball trap, then they could have gone through.

What I did instead was cast Dragon Skin and just walk through the trap. Oh well! :downs:

Treasure chests! And riddles!

"Black when bought. Red when used. Grey when thrown away."

T H P L E
P R K S S
G O L T D
C E A O Y

:holy:

Awesome. Now this is the kind of treasure I have in mind, new and better swords!

The Keshian Tapir adds a ridiculous amount of swing damage. I'm really tempted to give it to Gorath, who has the highest strength anyway. It would turn him into a one hit one kill machine. For the moment, it goes to James.

As for the Amulet of the Upright man? James already has one... but...

It turns out they stack bonuses. James can now lockpick open just about any chest in the game. :toot:

Time for chest number two.

"It is too much for one. Two it is meant for. But it no longer exists, When the two become more."

T E I R A E
S H O C L T
C L C E K S
A R L M E Y

Not bad! Crossbows can be sold in most shops and fetch a decent price. We add these to our inventory.

"It never was before. It is not now. Fools wait for it forever."

B E L U A E
F R I E S D
S U S T E T
P L T S R R

:geno: Meh. More common crossbows to add to the junk pile.

Our policy of knocking on every door we cross pays off as we find ourselves a new quest!

A quest to open some lady's barn door! :sun: I.. we.. we really are level 1 adventurers, aren't we? :sigh:

Amazingly, her barn is actually just behind her house, and not halfway across the map.

James, you are an idiot. You have your choice of either Owyn, scrawny mage to help out... or Gorath, the hulking murdermachine from the northlands, and you go with Owyn?

The puzzle here is actually a stat puzzle. You just need somebody in the party to have 30 strength. Gorath is just one point shy.

:ninja: But I think I have something to give Gorath... the edge.

:lsd:

There we go! Drugs solve everything! :drugnerd:

Nothing inside the barn. Let's go back and tell the nice lady we finished the quest.

:geno: "You shouldn't have... really. You shouldn't."

Some treasure.

But at least we've accomplished a heroic deed... right?

Scouring the area a bit more reveals dirt! And something in the dirt!

A free blessed 100% sword? I'll take it!

"Yoink!"

Time to move on. We are almost to the next village, and I have a bunch of inventory to offload...

Hm, that's a new enemy. It also looks disturbingly familiar.

Uggghh...

:negative:

Trolls.

It had to be loving trolls.

"I hate trolls."