Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Interlude 4: That's no moon...

Begin Recording

Back Aboard the RSS Galt

: T7 = need word in private

: T7 = important news // Jedi = remember Shafu?

: No, but someone has to deliver the exposition for those who weren't paying attention earlier and you only communicate in beeps. Shafu was that Rodian slaver you told me about. The one who changed his ways and started working for Master Zallow.

: Jedi = good memory // Shafu = disappeared after Master Zallow. T7 = curious // T7 = researching Shafu // T7 = discovered what happened.

: If Shafu was still alive, I'm sure he would have tried to contact you.

: Jedi = correct // Master Zallow = sent Shafu on secret mission // Shafu = gave his life for Republic. Master Zallow = suspected Imperial spies in Council // Master Zallow = sent Shafu to investigate. Records = confirm Shafu's ship exploded over Nar Shaddaa// Death = ruled accidental // Shafu = filed one report before accident.

: Did Shafu discover anything to confirm Master Zallow's suspicions?

: Shafu = sent report to Master Zallow // Master Zallow = never saw it // Report = deleted from official communications. T7 = trying to rebuild report from deleted files // Rebuild = complicated process // Estimated completion = unknown.

: That report could be crucial to the Republic war effort. Let me know as soon as you piece it back together.

: T7 = alert Jedi when finished.

: We had better let Var Suthra know about the Death Mark and Master Orgus.

: General, the Death Mark has been destroyed-- and I have news about Master Orgus.

: Darth Angral broadcast Orgus's execution over the HoloNet. Left the body floating in space for us to find. A Republic shuttle just recovered te remains from the edge of the Alderaan system. I'm sorry.

: You were friends a long time.

: Not many of us left from the old days. Orgus was... he was the best.

: He sacrificed himself for a purpose. Somehow he planted a tracking beacon on Angral's cruiser without the Sith realising it. Every time Angral's ship drops out of Hyperspace, we know where. Orgus got the last laugh.

: What if Angral finds the beacon Orgus planted?

: By the time he realises we can find him, it'll be too late. We'll make sure of that.

: Stand by... report coming through. Angral is on the move.

: We just picked up the tracking beacon's signal in the Uphrades system. That agriworld supplies nearly half of Coruscant's food. I'm scrambling the fleet, but you're close.

: I'll handle Angral. By the time your ships arrive, there won't be anything left.

: Angral's Dreadnaught has a slight turbolaser advantage over your gunship.

: Any damage to Uphrade's food production could cripple the Republic.

: One warship can only destroy so much.

: Tell that to Taris.

: Transmiting Uphrade's coordinates. Good Hunting.

One Hyperspace Jump later...

Video Version

: No sign of Darth Angral, but Uphrades... I saw this planet once, with Master Kiwiiks. It used to be green.

: Sensors detect minimal life signs // Uphrades = dead world.

: General, I've arrived at Uphrades. There's no sign of Angral, but the planet... see for yourself.

: Recieving your sensor readings. Stand by.

: Uphrade's atmosphere looks like it's on fire. What could have done that?

: Damage consistent with the designs recovered on Ord Mantell. The Desolator weapon.

: Angral's taken the Planet Prison and turned it into something horrific.

: The Desolator borrows technology from all our advanced warfare projects. Angral's son was quite the genius.

: Uphrades had millions of citizens... whole continents of farmlands. All that life extinguished. The scale of this... it's unthinkable.

: Getting an emergency transmission. It's faint--coming from the far side of the planet...

: Republic vessel do you copy? This is medical frigate Daybreaker. We're under attack! Imperial commandos have boarded us.Help!

: That's one of ours. The crew may know what happened here.

: Angral doesn't want any witnesses.

: That ship may have sensor readings of the Desolator. Invaluable data.

: The fleet won't be able to get here in time. You need to save that ship Hurry.

: Let's hope we can get there in time.

: Plotting an intercept course now. Strap yourselves in...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BgicisMV4&feature=youtu.be]Video[url]

: Kira, you're with me, T7 you stay and mind the ship and let me know if Angral comes back.

: That was the last of the Imperials. You're safe now.

: Not a minute too soon. Those commandos weren't taking prisoners.

: I still can't believe what happened to Uphrades. When we arrived, an Imperial warship was attacking the planet. I've never seen anything like it.

: Uphrades was trapped inside an energy field. Some starships tried to flee, but their engines failed before they could leave the atmosphere.

: No one escaped. Every ship that tried crashed back onto the surface.

: How did your ship come under attack?

: We tried to run, but Imperial boarding pods overtook us.

: I saw Uphrades's atmosphere catch fire. Horrific destruction... Flames consumed the planet. Everything turned to smoke and ash in seconds...

: Could anyone have escaped the destruction?

: I don't see how.

*Beep* *Beep*

: Captain, look at this.... Our sensors detect faint life readings on the planet's surface--possible survivors.

: Anyone left on that planet is as good as dead.

: If we go down there we can provide food, water shelter and medicine. It's our duty.

: The energy field surrounding Uphrades will destroy your ship's engines you won't be able to leave.

: The Republic needs all its medical frigates--and we don't know what's down there.

: I'm not getting trapped on that ash-ball over a lucky herd of rontos.

: Then I'll invoke my emergency authority and assume command of this ship.

: Let me talk to this Jedi. See if there's really a chance people could be alive. It's not that I don't want to help--but I have a family to think about. This ship carries combat-grade kolto packs, battle adrenals, you name it. You convince Doctor Senessa to stand down, and i'll give you whatever you want.

: Well? what's it going to be?

: Listen to me I'm a Jedi. If there was anyone alive down there, I'd sense it. There is nothing you can do for Uphrades let it go.

: We've served together for years, doctor. Don't you trust me by now?

: You're right. I'm clutching at false hope. Excuse me...

: Here, this will unlock the ship's medstores. I'll just report them as lost during the boarding action. You did the right thing. Thank you.

Later back on board the Galt..

: The Daybreaker is secured, General. The crew witnessed what Angral did here.

: The ship's captain just transmitted sensor logs to the fleet. We've seen what we're up against. Small consolation. Angral's next attack will undoubtedly be more direct.

: You'll think he'll attack Coruscant again?

: Anything's possible. How do we defend against such careless hatred? I'll contact the Galactic Senate and put every Republic world on-- wait.... We're getting another emergency alert--from Tython. Relaying it now....

: ...under attack by Darth Angral. Launching defence fighters....Angral's battle cruiser....deploying...energy weapon...our ships can't escape Tython's atmosphere...we're trapped...

: That explains why Angral left Uphrades so quickly. He's already chosen his next target.

: Angral's going to incinerate Tython just like he did Uphrades.

: And finish what he started years ago-- the annihilation of the Jedi. The Republic fleet's in hyperspace. By the time it's redirected to Tython it'll be too late.

: The Desolator needs time to work. The Jedi may be trapped on Tython but you're not. You could board Angral's battle cruiser. Disable the weapon before it fires.

: There are other Jedi not on Tython. Send them to help me.

: I'll gather all the reinforcements I can find, but it'll take time.

: I'll use the sensor logs to find the Desolator's weak point. Contact us when you're aboard Angral's warship.

: May the Force be with you.

To be continued...