Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 2: THE REBEL ALLIANCE

Previously posted:

The Jedi JOLUNE MOL'NEUX has been summoned to an emergency conference with the SUPREME CHANCELLOR of the REPUBLIC...

: They say the conference will be starting soon. We should get ready.

: Hmm.

: We've been trying to think of the absolute perfect entry for the Lumenatus Club's symposium.

: I thought that's what you were working on when you went travelling?

: We got distracted!

: Distracted?

: Twins, if you must know.

: Ehhh... nevermind. But you must have had some ideas about your symposium entry.

: Nothing we've come up with has quite the spectacular edge I'm looking for. Any ideas?

: Potato clock?

: ...Any other ideas?

: ”Hey, nerds! Check out my sexy virtual girlfriend!” Grand prize in the bag.

: No, no! What if they want to examine her-- disassemble her? No, Holiday's out of the question.

: Yes... perfect! I'll build a Vandrayk Generator. It was theorized by Doctor Gorman Vandryk centuries ago, but never realised.

: As I recall, a Vandryk Generator runs on a form of energy that doesn't exist. Doctor Vandryk was pretty senile by the time he developed the theory.

: A minor setback.

: He thought he was a Wookiee three days a week, and wrote his research notes with urine.

: All geniuses have their eccentricities.

: It wasn't even his own urine.

: A functioning Vandrayk Generator would prove a dozen theories. And cement my place in scientific history. Such a project! Sorry, Jedi, I really must get started.

: You're not getting out of the conference that easily.

: But there are laws of physics just begging to be broken! Can't Qyzen do this?

: The laws of physics will still be there after we deal with the Supreme Chancellor's problem... unless his problem is on a much bigger scale than expected. And Qyzen's busy dealing with the onset of middle age, which is apparently a pretty violent thing for Trandoshans. Now, come on.

: Good to see the giant dodecahedron's still in one piece after Darth Angral's attack.

: What is it for though?

: I dunno. Art?

[VIDEO: The Promotion]

: What can I do for you, Chancellor?

: You may not be aware that the Empire is not our only concern. The Republic itself is on the brink of collapse. Across the galaxy, many worlds are talking about secession, even open rebellion against the Republic.

: I heard about Ord Mantell, but... The Republic has survived intact for thousands of years. What has changed?

: The threat of the Empire has strained us all. Dwindling resources, attacks, trade being lost... it's taken a toll.

: ”Rift Alliance”? “Breach Union” was taken then? Ooh, how about “Fall-apart Federation”?

: This Rift Alliance claims to have lost all faith in the Republic. Those worlds are threatening to sever all ties. Permanently.

: But the Republic is badly weakened. The Rift Alliance controls critical resources, armies, trade centers. If they leave, the Republic will die.

: I want to assign a Jedi as my representative to the Rift Alliance, to prove the Republic takes their grievances seriously.

: I'm sure their faith will be completely restored when the Republic sends one guy to deal with all their problems.

: When I asked the Council for candidates, yours was the first name they suggested.

: :stare: I am flattered, sir, but I'm no politician.

: You've experienced many cultures and overcome immense challenges. You're the person I want.

: But your patience, your compassion and wisdom, show that you merit the rank. Will you accept and become the order's newest Jedi Master?

: :aaa:

: Jedi?

: :aaaaa:

: Jolune!

: Ah! I... It's a great responsibility. I don't know if I'm prepared for this.

: Kneel, and the Supreme Chancellor will bear witness.

: We are one voice, one order, bound together by the Force.

: Through her actions, this Jedi has proved worthy, before our order and the Force itself.

: We grant you the rank of Jedi Master. Protect and guide the Republic, as the Force guides you.

: Rise, and may the Force be with you.

: :golfclap:

: Speech!

: Shut up, Tharan. Ahem... How should I begin?

: I've convinced several diplomats from the Rift Alliance to be guests aboard a Republic flagship, the Fortitude.

: You know these people, sir. I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

: Get on Representative Alauni's good side. Though, between us, I'm not certain she has one.

: Representative Alauni = problem. Check.

: That went well. And by well, I mean ARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH.

: Look on the bright side, you got a promotion. All you need to do now is stop the millenia-old apogee of galactic civilisation imploding under the weight of its own incompetence. Easy.

: Tharan! Don't laugh this off! The Council have sold me to this... Rift Alliance... and if I gently caress up, it's goodnight Republic!

: I'm sure you'll be able to deal with the Alliance's problems. They're probably just moaning about taxes or tariffs or what have you.

: ...And they made me a Master! Six months ago I wasn't even a Padawan, and now I'm a Master! I don't know how to be a Master! Shouldn't there be rules against this sort of thing!

: Confidence, Jedi.

: :cripes:

: I think I have a paper bag somewhere for you to breathe into.

: NOT. HELPING. Aaaah... we need to get to the Fortitude, right now.

A SHORT TRIP TO THE OUTER RIM LATER...

: Here we are. So where's the welcome wagon?

: There is a faint signal coming from the Fortitude. Secret messages in the dark... how romantic!

: I'm Nadia Grell. My father and the other Senators-- we were all invited here by the Chancellor. Then the ship was attacked-- boarded-- by people calling themselves “Sith”.

: So, Sith then. Or maybe extreme cosplayers. Is everyone alright?

: The captain's dead. He was so nice... and the crew. Most of them are dead too.

: Definitely Sith.

: My father's in there! But I can't get to him. I just hid.

: There's a console on one of the lower decks that can open the bridge. Here, I'll send you the location.

NEXT TIME: Ain't no party like a boarding party, 'cause a boarding party don't stop.

BONUS SPACE EMAILS:

Parkanas Tark posted:

I have seen the Jedi Temple under the light of dawn. I have smelled Tython's air.

The Jedi Council has sought me out. I have nothing to say to them. After Morrhage's endless rage, I want silence.

Morrhage was such an ancient soul. His hatred of the Jedi, and the healer who first defeated his plague, was like a dark sun inside him. That anger cast the entire Malachor system under its shadow. Mine was the smallest of echoes beside it. But even that was enough to condemn me.

Do not make my mistakes. Do not succumb to rage, or let yourself be blinded, trustingly, by the light.

I will be free of the past. I will find peace.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 1, 2014