Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Balmorra Episode 1: Eh, what's up doc?

Begin Recording

Aboard the RSS Galt in orbit around Balmorra

: Ah! Master Braga told me you were coming. Warren Sedoru--a pleasure. I'm grateful for your assistance. The situation is growing desperate. The Republic picked an unfortunate time to drive the Empire off Balmorra. It's made our team's mission that much harder.

: The Republic military always makes extra work for the Jedi.

: Liberating the planet is a worthy cause. It's people have suffered greatly under imperial rule. Balmorra is home to the largest weapon manufacturing plants in the galaxy. Half the munitions' used in the last war originated on this world. The Empire develops horrific new instruments of destruction here. Balmorra's creations have killed countless innocents.

: If the Republic has come to repay those deaths, good.

: I lost my taste for war decades ago. I'm only here to secure our teams objective. We've learned the Empire has a cloaking device prototype at one of Balmorra's advanced weapon factories. It's the same technology hiding the Emperor's fortress. If we obtain that cloaking device prototype, we can understand how it works--develop a way to see through it.

: How did the Empire develop cloaking device technology?

: They didn't. Intelligence indicates the prototype is alien in design possibly Rakata or Gree. Finding the cloaking device prototype is almost impossible thanks to the invasion. We need experienced native guides to sort through the chaos. Balmorra has a well-established civilian resistance. Their spy network's knowledge of the Empire would be invaluable.

: Your tone indicates there's a complication.

: War breeds chaos, chaos breeds confusion and confusion breeds mistrust. Unfortunately, the resistance doesn't trust the Republic. Despite my best negotiations, they remain uncooperative.

: Can't say I blame them. The Empire's driven us off this planet twice already, leaving the resistance holding the bag.

: Republic Command just intercepted a distress call. A resistance medical facility is about to be overrun.

: I'd go, but an Imperial armour columns in my way. I need you to save the medical facility.

: I play the hero and they give me what I need to complete our mission. Clever.

: It's more than a stratagem. It's the right thing to do. I'm sending the medical facility's location. I don't know what you'll be facing there, but do whatever you must to save the resistance fighters. I'll meet you there as soon as I can. May the force be with you.

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

Warren Sedoru (Knight)

Warren Sedoru was already one of the most acclaimed Jedi Knights of the order when the Sith Empire attacked the Republic at Korriban. He was one of the first Jedi to lead a counterattack against Imperial forces and scored several early victories against them. The price of these triumphs was high, however.

Records indicate Warren was critically injured over a dozen times in battles from Alderaan to Yavin Four. Although he survived these near-deaths without need of cybernetic replacement parts, Warren's connection to the Force began to diminish. When the Republic signed the Treaty of Coruscant, Warren dedicated himself wholeheartedly to peace. He gave up his rank as Jedi Knight and became a Padawan to Master Tol Braga.

: You bring us to only the nicest warzones boss.

: Damnit more bugs And I used up my remaining bug jokes on Alderaan

Video Version

: The Jedi bought us time. Get our wounded to the secure area. Move it! I'm the chief medic. Just call me Doc. I appreciate your hard work, gorgeous--but there's a whole nest of colicoids coming. No time to evacuate.

: I'd never let anything bad happen to a nice guy like you.

: Not even if I asked nicely?

: :barf:

: I've got dozens of wounded here. Hope you're not one of those junior Jedi.
: Do we have to save him, too?

: I'll head for the secure area and stabilize casualties... here they come!

: The colicoids will eat us alive if their tunnels stay open, look around some with your Jedi tricks.

: Hey look at that. We're alive. Nice work.

: Lot of wounded here. You're the only doctor?

: Honey, I do the work of ten medics--and that's on a bad day. Say you might be wounded and not know it. Let me check you over.

: I feel fine--but you're the doctor...

: Let's see... uh-huh...hmm. You'll certainly need a more thorough exam... later.

: I'll be looking forward to it.

: I don't know what genius picked a Colicoid breeding ground for our medical facility, but we need to evacuate quick. Problem is, my critical patients are too fragile to move--and the Empire stole my trauma kits.

: I'm here to steal something from the Empire; Your people need to help me.

: I can arrange that--if my patients survive. Our scouts say the Imperials sent my trauma kits to their front-line troops on the plains nearby. The depots will be guarded, but I'm sure you'll figure something out. Just hurry--these people don't have much time.

: So beat up Imperial doctors and take their medical supplies. I see no problem with that.

Later at the resistance base...

: Ugh. How do I change the power pack...?

: Sergeant Jolis + N5 = not programmed for combat // Sergeant Jolis = should seek shelter now.

: Master Jedi? You probably think guns are barbaric, but can you show me how to use this? I'm taking the fight to those Imperial scumbags. I owe it to my squadron.

: What happened to your squadron?

: Sergeant Jolis' squadron = attempted strike on Imperial outpost // Outpost = equipped with anti-aircraft artillery // Sergeant Jolis = sole survivor.

: Now they're salvaging our fliers databanks. They've got our weapons specs, orders, briefings, everything. I have to get those databanks back and take out the guns. Trouble is, the place is guarded by shock troops, real hard-core fighters.

: And if the way your fiddling with that gun is anything to go by, you're kind of screwed

: What else can I do? I have to do something.

: Sergeant Jolis vs. Empire = calculating // Results = certain death // N5 = run calculations again?

: Still since, you're here... We could team up? What if you went in and took care of the vets, and I wait here to deal with any you flush out? That way we're all doing our bit?

: So I do all the work and you get all the credit. Story of my life. Eh, whatever. I'm slaughtering my way through the base anyway, So I can snag your data with the other loot.

: I hope you're right. Well about getting the data anyway. Just hurry? The Empire will fight to the last breath to keep those databanks. If they manage to decode them... mine won't be the last dead squadron.

: Huh, That's a pretty big base. Still it's not the size that counts but what you do with it.

: I Still don't get why we can't wreck these things with our lightsabers.

:No we can't just stick a lightsaber in it. If we really want to take these guns offline we need to remove the targeting circuit and the three power conduits just shoving a lightsaber in won't do much good.

: And here's the medical supplies we're supposed to...steal? unsteal? Steal back? Let's get these back to that cute little medic.

: Wait, cute?No accounting for taste.

Some time later back at the resistance base...

: Sergeant Jolis. I have the databanks, and all gun batteries are down.

: That means I can get back up in the air again. Plus, I managed to pick off a few imperials.

: Call me back when you're up to a few hundred.

: I sure hope so. I can't wait to take the fight to those Imperial scum.

: Sergeant Jolis = good master // N5 - Sergeant Jolis = could not compute // N5 = grateful for assistance.

: With those guns out of the way, we can get the fleet operational again. Payback time.

Not long after at Doc's little medical station...

: I got as many trauma kits as I could find.

: Beautiful. The kits look good, too.

: He's a walking hormone.

: Apologies for being late, my detour around those Imperial forces took longer than expected.

: Forgive my bluntness. But you appear to be a Jedi who's seen many battles.

: Mementos from my previous disagreements with Sith. I was quite the warrior, once. Thought evil was something I could conquer with my lightsaber.

: I've conquered quite a bit of evil with my lightsaber.

: I remember that feeling of accomplishment when an enemy fell, but don't be deceived. Peace cannot take route in fear, nor be nourished with blood. Master Braga taught me that. You've done well, saving this facility and its patients. The resistance has already agreed to help us find the cloaking device prototype.

: This super-advanced gadget you're after... the resistance can narrow down its location, but we need access to the enemy's computer network. The only connection point is at Sobrik, which is covered in Imperial forces, troop legions, walkers, heavy bombers. Fun place.

: Sounds like fun! I'll find a way in there if I have to take on the whole Imperial Army Please let me take on the entire Imperial army

: A frontal assault? Suicide. Place is covered in ray shields.

: I believe we can diminish the Imperial forces without firing a shot. The Empire has several comm relays around Sobrik, tied to other Imperial strongholds. An early warning system.

: Great. When we attack, they can summon more troops to kill us.

: Or, we make the Imperials think we're attacking their other strongholds. We'll infiltrate those comm relays, upload fake alerts and siphon away Sobrik's defenders--leaving i vulnerable.

: If the Empire thinks it's under attack, won't they tighten Sobrik's defences?

: Sobrik's commanders are noted for aggressive tactics--and they'll have every reason to believe they're secure. The comm relays are protected by advanced Imperial war droids. Very fast, extremely deadly. I'm no longer quick enough to defeat those war droids, but you are.

: Then the resistance can raid the Empire's computer network. We'll figure out where they've stashed that watchamathingit you want.

: Use this datapad on the comm relays to upload the fake emergency signals. I'll find a good vantage spot to watch Sobrik and keep you informed of our progress. Be careful out there.

End Recording

Bonus Content

To: R'andayn <atlasforcepushed@Jedi.ac.cor>
Subject: Hero of Tython

Jedi the time to strike is approaching.

The Emperor has been critically weakened but it will not last long. Soon he will take a new host. Soon after every living thing in the Galaxy will die to fuel his ambitions.

You will need more than rage and arrogance to beat him. The Emperor fears you. Take this crystal. Attune it to you. Show the Emperor the darkness in your heart, and the doom that awaits him.

A Mysterious Benefactor

: Well I'm not using a random crystal sent by some nutcase who can't even be bothered to sign his own name, You take it Kira. Besides who knows if this guy is on the level, it might be some sort of trap set up for me.

: Gee, thanks for the potential booby-trap I'll treasure it for ever and ever Or at least till I find a discreet way to dump it.