Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#04. Backtrack, Back Again.

Hey, yeah, no problem. Just throwing this out there, no reason or anything: security system.

Oh, jeez. That's still happening, isn't it.

Music: Pokémon Black - Champion Alder

*grumble grumble*

Yeah, you didn't say there were jerks out there that would pick fights.

to help me."

Whatever, no training for me.

. . . Orphans.

. . . . tough. . .

losing as well."

"Orphans! Lose! Lose with all of your heart!"

Choro Notes: These two are basically more tutorial: the boy has the monkey weak to your starter, the girl has the one strong to it.

. . . you needed to learn how to do that?

Choro Notes: Counter goes last but deals double the damage dealt to the user by physical attacks that turn to the target. Some guys can pull this off better than others.

Well, according to type theory it just doesn't stack up, huh?

"You know, in between the electricity-induced fits!"

It . . . it didn't do anything!

Nope, I'm out.

- - -

Choro Notes: Achievements unlocked? These are totally just achievements. They kind of own.

[>No.

WELL WHY DID YOU ASK?

First Step Medal - Participate in the Medal Rally!

Oh is . . . that it then?

"That jerk with the bow tie wasn't just here, was he?!"

Gym Leader has arrived there."

Yeah I'm going I'm going.

. . . tough . . .

- - -
Choro Notes: Medals
The medals do absolutely nothing, however they are the exact kind of achievements I like: You have your "do X number of battles" "compete in _______ X times" standard ones but there are also some . . . odd ones. The odd ones are the ones I like. I'll show the odd medals off when they come up.

Choro Notes: If Mr. Medal is standing by the Pokémon Center, you earned a medal. Congrats.

Dowsing Beginner - Find a hidden item for the first time.
Noneffective Artist - Use moves that aren't very effective against the opponent.
Beginning of Memory - Use Memory Link and see an event for the first time.

WHAT?

Oh geez, hi. Don't hurt me.

Choro Notes: At this point he tells you how to use berries. Great. GREAT.

"Are you listening? Because I just sorta drifted off and was going off whatever came to my mind."

Well. I like broads, so.

Also I guess that if the world gets broader there is less chance of running into that rear end, Hugh.

Music: Asperita City
Choro Notes: A few things of dialogue have changed now that the game has actually, you know, started.

, too. Right?"

Dude, you're like 30.

THE gently caress IS THAT S'POSED'TA MEAN? YOU'RE DEAD.

Oh. Why's she here?

"Always remember, Bianca: Beer before Whiskey, always risky."

- - -

Well, this joint's open now I guess.

"And then he went and taught some young people some things. That Alder, he sure does love the young people."

Ok I am tired of learning now. I am learned out. The magic of learning has been extinguished.

Got one! Thanks!

it'll be a simple test of strength!"
Don't have any! Thanks!

Music: Pokémon Black & White - Pokémon Gym
Choro Notes: Starting with the NEXT gym, Black2 does something really neat with the Gym Music. It's pretty cool, oh man I can't wait to show you.

"You gotta good face. All you need is a good suit. Don't like suits? Fine we nix the suit. You still gotta good face. Faces don't need a suit, just a head of hair to go on top. BLAMMO you got that in SPADES."

"Water's good to hydrate. You gotta stay hydrated. Some guys'll say put stuff in the water but you gotta just drink the water. They got all these schools teachin about the pocket monsters but none teachin about the real monster: dehydration. Drink your water, yo. I hope anyone hearing this goes and gets some water. Drink it up. Yum. Anyway"

. . . aren't you kind of short to be a gym leader?

Well alright then I'll just wai—

A minimalist.

Nope, screw that.

" . . . "

FINE.

What, no. It's me. I'm strong. WE'RE BOTH STRONG BUT ALSO ME. I'M STRONG.

as a Gym Leader!"

Yeah alright, no goofing off.

Music: Battle! Gym Leader
Choro Notes: Truthfully, the battle themes in Black2 are slightly different from their Black version, but really only in that their soundfonts are slightly different.

Choro Notes: Cheren
Cheren's baaaaaaaaack. And he gets to be a gym leader nooooooow. He took Lenora's spot in the Gym Leader lineup and gives out the Basic Badge now. Congrats Chereeeeeeeeeen.

You're not supposed to do that! You're supposed to hit me so I can use Counter!

Like that! Yeah!

I dunno, Mortimer. Can you take on a terrier?

O-oh. . . . no matter. I've got a SECRET WEAPON against normal-types!

Yeah, bet you ain't had to face somethin like this before!

Y-you're kidding me, right?

Man, YOU'RE the one thats gotta face that dog.

Oh. Yeah. Great. Because that's going to save this.

Choro Notes: The Lillipup only has that berry in Challenge Mode.

Oh, what? Starting to get annoyed by the dog? Your fault.

Well? Now what? You're the one that let the dog get swole.

And noooow it's feelin' better. NOW WHAT, JAWNIE?

OH YEAH, SURE. YOU REALIZE THAT'S NOT THE BEST THING YOU COULD HAVE DONE BASED ON YOUR BIOLOGY, RIGHT?

LOOK WHAT YOU ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

MAN, NOW YOU'RE JUST PANICKING.

ALDER SAID TO DO THIS, JUST TAKE IT.

DAMMIT JAWNIE.

YEAH. VICTORY. IN YOUR FACE.

Oh, we're not done?!

"There is no way I can give you a badge after that. I will get fired. Jeez, it's my first day, too."

In this we are joined, Jawnie.

Choro Notes: Cheren, by the way, does not have this monster normally. It's challenge mode exclusive.

Jawnie I will throw you at that bird.

as a Gym Leader . . . "
"Because holy crap that was one of the WORST showings I've ever seen."

"Just, don't come back. Ever."

Choro Notes: If you didn't figure it out. This is what got into Jawnie.

"I have no idea what you are though, just stay far. Far away from them."

"You should do that! Stick to that!"

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 4, 2013