Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Balmorra Episode 3: I don't need no Doctor

: So all we have to do is fight our way through a warzone and infiltrate the most heavily guarded facility on the planet?

: Yeah! It's going to be so much fun!

: Why are the beautiful ones always crazy?

: Well here we are. The Imperials last stronghold on the planet. Doesn't look like much.

: All we have to do is get in, get the cloaking device and get out. Should be straightforward.

"SWTOR Codex posted:

Balmorran Arms Factory

Built shortly before the Imperial invasion by the prestigious Balmorran Arms Corporation, the Balmorran Arms factory is unrivalled in its weapons production and research capabilities. It was designed to construct military equipment ranging from personal arms and armor to droids and heavy vehicles, all with top-notch quality and efficiency.

Due to its tremendous manufacturing capacity, the fortress-like factory was one of the last holdouts of the resistance during the Imperial invasion, providing an almost inexhaustible supply of weapons and supplies to the besieged Balmorran people. Once the Empire finally gained control of the factory, however, the Imperial military wasted no time in putting the facilities to its own use.

Watch here if you want
: The turbolift's locked down, but don't worry. Slicing Imperial security codes is a hobby of mine. Give me two secs....

: Uh oh... someone's coming down the turbolift. Get behind me beautiful I'll protect you!

: Sure.... :rolleyes:

: Doc! I thought the Imps had killed you!

: You too, Remmy! How are you making out, old fella?

: Same as always. Pretend to cooperate with the Imperials... and stab 'em in the back every chance I get.

: The Empire's about to lose Balmorra. Start stabbing. :ese:

: Don't have to tell me twice.

: We're in a bind, pal. You know any way into the secure labs?

: Sure! The Imps put me on waste management. Gave me a data card to get in there. It's all yours. Thing is there's guards every two meters in there.

: That's why I travel with a Jedi, Remmy.

: Sorry to cut this reunion short. We have a long fight ahead.

: And I finally have a way out of this place. See you on the other side, Doc!

*beep*

: Hello, are you there? It's Colonel Finlay. We have a new problem. The resistance has learned of Imperial research into weapons that use cloaking device technology. If the enemy can hide their missiles and bombs from detection, imagine the carnage.

: Right now, I'm thinking of what we could do to the Empire's forces with that technology.

: It could turn the tide of this war. You must recover all the Empire's research data on this project and deliver it to us.

: There's bound to be a computer hub up there somewhere.

: This may be our only opportunity. Do everything you can. Finlay out....

: I found the files about the Empire's stealth weapon research, but something's wrong. They're starting to erase themselves.

: I used turbolift data cards all the when I was here. They work with computers too... Maybe we can transfer the files onto the data card Remmy gave us. Copy them before we are detected... Worked like a charm. Pretty amazing, huh, gorgeous?

: How did I ever get by without you?

: Best not to think about it. Those bad old days are over.

:siren::siren::siren:

: Hmm. You suppose the Empire knows we're here?

: One more notch on the lightsaber hilt...

: That's far enough. We're almost done here.

: Nikollan what are you doing?

: The cloaking device prototype belongs to the people of Balmorra, not the Republic. This is our world, our war and our victory.

: You had a shortcut into this place, and you didn't tell us? You know how many imperials I had to kill to get in here? C2's never going to get the bloodstains out.

: We stole this Imperial transport during the raid on Sobrik. Security here was too busy fighting you to double check our identification.

: We spent decades fighting for this planet after the Republic rolled over for the Empire. Now you're back to loot our resources? This prototype may be the most valuable technology on Balmorra. You're not taking it.

: Aren't the Jedi all about justice? If that's true, let us leave with what's rightfully ours.

: Justice... Hah, that's a good one! *waves hand* The Jedi will return this technology once we're done with it. Please hand it over.

: The Jedi will return this once they're done with it. Hand it over, Avers. I'd offer you transportation, but I'm afraid the shuttle only seats two. Good luck.

: Suckers

: Now that's smooth talking. One thing's for sure, I'm not working for the resistance anymore. Got a spare bunk on your ship for a superb combat medic?

: I thought you'd never ask, Doc.

: A gentleman waits for just the right moment.

*beep*

: Warren? I have the cloaking device prototype.

: After the blood that's been spilled today, that's a ray of hope. I'm returning to the Republic base where you first landed. Meet me there...

Later back in Bugtown...

: I have the cloaking device prototype and the Empire's weapon research data.

: We've denied the enemy a considerable technological edge and broken its hold on Balmorra. I'll send the research to Coruscant. There's a Doctor Godera waiting to review it. Friend of yours, I understand.

: Please give the doctor my regards.

: I will. It's been a pleasure working with you.

: Somehow, I expected such an important device to be more impressive. I'll deliver this to Master Braga and the Council on Tython. Master Braga's faith in you is well placed. I'm honored to serve with you.

: We may as well have been on different planets.

: Just knowing you were here gave me strength--I hope I returned the favour. You should contact Master Braga when you return to your ship. He's eager to hear from you. Farewell....

Some time afterwards aboard the RSS Galt

: Master Braga... the mission to Balmorra was a success. We have the cloaking device prototype.

: Outstanding. I never doubted you for a moment. How did you find working with my old friend Warren? I've always been impressed by his keen insights.

: His keen insights were limited to letting me do all the hard work.

: Warren was the order's greatest soldier in his day--now that roll falls to you. You've brought us a great leap closer to finding the Emperor, but there's a new problem. I've lost contact with my Padawan under unusual--and dangerous--circumstances. You're uniquely qualified to deal with this.

: What is it that makes me so special?

: Your former student--Kira--has much in common with mine. Sajar is no ordinary Padawan. He was once a Sith Lord. A member of the Empire's Dark Council.

: Wait did you say Sjar She defected? I mean seriously, she's a complete psychopath. And since when was she a member of the Dark council?

: No I said Sajar and he isn't a complete psychopath anymore. We duelled on Dantooine. Fought for three days. I won when I convinced him to abandon the dark side and train as a Jedi,

: He must have taken a lot of persuading.

: Our debate was a duel in itself. I appealed to the good in him no matter how he attacked me. Sajar has fully embraced the Jedi way. Whatever has happened, it isn't his fault. He was guarding a Republic base on the planet Quesh when the Empire invaded and attacked our territories.

: You trusted Sajar to guard a Republic base in a war zone?

: When I sent him, Quesh was peaceful. Quiet. A good place for meditation while also serving the Republic. I just spoke with a soldier at Sajar's base. It's surrounded by Imperial forces, and my Padawan refuses to act. Without Jedi help, that base will fall. My Padawan won't answer his holo.

: Sounds like he's afraid of something, but what?

: Only a strong Jedi can help Sajar and save the base. I'm transmitting the planets coordinates now. Master Braga out...

: Go. He needs you, and you need him.

: Master why would I need Sajar?

: Uh... you alright? The holo transmissions over,

: It's a Jedi thing. None of your business. This sounds urgent. We should go to Quesh right away.

: Come on Doc I'll show you to the medbay

: Looks like ol' Doc got here just in time. How have you survived with a droid and Little Miss Uptight as your only friends?

: This is no party, Doc. We're on an important mission.

: We can save the galaxy and still have a good time, right? Leave everything to me. Before I settle in, a few things. First I like my quarters kept at least five degrees warmer than the rest of the ship. I only eat energy pudding, so stock up on that. Also, give me thirty minutes in the refresher every morning. That's all.

:Hah, no. I'll at least accommodate your standard of living on Balmorra.

: Bar's pretty high. Had it awfully good there. Never seen a ship's medbay right next to the engine compartment before. Not exactly convenient. I've done better with worse. Until I have everything online, stay in one piece. Doctor's orders.

:Before we head to Quesh I need to make a brief stop at Carrick Station its time to go clothes shopping

: Can someone just shoot me now.

End Recording