Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Update 28: Highcastle

Our heroes have finally arrived to Romney Highcastle!

Quite a few places we can go here. There is even a special area in the distance that we can enter.

However it turns out to be a waste of time. Perhaps it will have some utility in the future?

Next on the list is to visit the governor and ask for a promotion the local nobility.

I love that James even admits that we are just loving around at this point. More importantly though, we do have mention of goblins in the area, which might be worth checking out.

"If nothing else, we can test out those goblin stickers on them." :getin:

Next stop is the armory. Issac had mentioned this place as having some good stuff. Let's see if he was correct.

:aaa:

The best armor in the game, along with some great weapons, and other useful items? Highcastle is awesome.

It is extremely tempting to splurge on some dragon plate armor, which I'd probably give to Owyn to make him less squishy, but I decline to do so at this point. I'm sure we'll be swimming in the armor eventually.

We depart Highcastle, and move north. Maybe we'll run into Goblins, but maybe we'll also be able to go into the Northlands and get even further away from Romney?

More trolls. The tuning fork is my best friend here, since I'm not even going to bother trying to fight them.

Knocking on the door of the house right there gives us this outdated information, since we found those chests last time.

:) "Also thank you for getting rid of those trolls on my doorstep."

Walking a bit further north leads us to this discovery! A new enemy, wearing a green shirt and... red pants? Still better than Owyn's flesh colored non-pants.

Confirmation that this is an example of Goblinius Stabbum. Let's get to it.

Having not faced them before, I don't remember if I should be nervous about this fight or not. None of them are spellcasters though, so we have that in our favor.

Standard enemy tactics. Send in teams of two to engage the fighters, and at least one guy to take the magician.

They don't hit very hard, and go down pretty easily to James and Gorath's sword blows. I also just love their death pose too.

If I ever needed a banner to show off what is best in BaK, this would be it. :black101:

Searching the goblins' bodies, we find a note which is just what the Baron is looking for.

Seems that they are using the trolls to disrupt supplies and are interested in the rumors of the Baron not being able to pay his men's salaries. Sounds like there may be a bribery attempt in order for the enemy to gain access to Highcastle somehow.

Let's do the responsible thing and go in the Northlands to give Delekhan a piece of our minds.

Or not. You're no fun anymore, James. :saddowns:

We head back to Hightower and give the Baron the note that we found off the dead goblin.

Given his past, I'd say that James knows a few things about taking money that isn't his to give out. Anyway - sidequest is complete and we are a few hundred gold coins richer. Not bad.

Next Time: maybe wrapping up some forgotten sidequests, and heading on over to Wolfram to visit.

Snugglecakes fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 10, 2013