Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #068
Stardate: Freed up at last (I don't know, needs work - Ed.)

Seems my little get-your-thoughts-out exercise with Risha had unintended consequences. She's insisting on coming aboard as an “assistant editor”.

”Risha” posted:

Don't worry, Captain. I promise I'll only provide some supporting testimony and missing details. You won't even notice I'm here.

I already regret this.

So, we'd just made it inside the Balmorran Arms Factory with an eye toward finding the Nebula shipment's remote control and switching its course toward the Republic. And to make things a little easier on our friends in the army, we took some time out to wipe out the Imperial gunnery crews manning the outer defences. They weren't expecting Republic forces breaching the factory that early, so it was a piece of cake.

”Risha” posted:

We had to kill thirty men across six different firefights. You took shrapnel to your left leg, remember?

Like I said, piece of cake.

At least Tyrak's information about where the Nebula shipment was being controlled from was solid, probably the only good thing you'll ever hear about the guy. Case in point...

quote:

Moff Tyrak: Those incompetent soldiers you left me with are all dead! I suggest a shortcut past Imperial barracks. And they had the gall to blame me!

Moff Tyrak: Me! When they went and got themselves killed, leaving me undefended!

Quinine: You really think they died just to inconvenience you?

Moff Tyrak: Well, they certainly didn't fight like they understood the stakes! I'm a wanted man!

Something tells me we could've done more damage to the Empire just by leaving the Moff where he was.

quote:

Moff Tyrak: This is harrowing enough already. I mean, I've ordered plenty of deaths, but I've never had to watch!

Quinine: Are there passcodes, or do I just break down the door?

Moff Tyrak: Oh, right, the passcodes. It's, uh, 86932-11.

Seven digits, which we could've just beaten out of Tyrak back at Camp Conquest instead of dragging him along and getting a whole squad killed. Hindsight's a cruel mistress.

quote:

Moff Tyrak: And before you go, do you think you can bring me some water? I'm parched. Maybe a blaster, just in case?

Quinine: If you bring the Imperial guards down on us, I'm feeding you to them.

”Corso Riggs” posted:

Hoo-eee, Captain, you must've got the patience of a Jedi. An Imperial ever gave me that much trouble I'd've at least shot him in the foot, on general principle.

Corso? Get off the console, my log's crowded enough as it is.

”The_Riggler” posted:

Hey look, you can change your screen-name! Wait, how do you change it back?

Look, just keep it down. I'm trying to tell a story here. So we get to the security door, and Tyrak's code works. Frankly, a satchel of detonite would've been easier, not to mention lighter.

Looks like they'd stripped most of the security to fend off the massive Republic invasion going on outside. Me and Risha blew through the last few guards between us and the console without stopping.

Mission accomplished, right? Well, kind of – but like always, things have to hit a little snag at the last minute.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

BOWDAAR HOPES THE SNAG IS A GLORIOUS BATTLE
THIS ADVENTURE HAS YET TO CHALLENGE QUININE
IF I HAD BEEN ON BALMORRA WE WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT WITHOUT CRUSHING THE SITH GOVERNESS

”Risha” posted:

If you're not going to turn off caps lock, could you at least not shout everything you type aloud? I can hear your howling across the ship.

Uggghhhh

Recommended for the operation going sideways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ambWqem1YU

A less scrupulous scoundrel might've taken Darmas's advice, sent the Nebula shipment to Port Nowhere and sold it back to the Republic. A less scrupulous and completely idiotic scoundrel who thinks he can hold an army's worth of munitions hostage. I took the privateer paycheck and the Senator's gratitude.

quote:

Risha: Ooh, a man of honor after all...

”Risha” posted:

If you think I was disappointed, you should've seen Darmas.

quote:

Imperial Commander: Is this the one?

Of course, Tyrak somehow manages to screw up sitting down and shutting up, and leads half the Imperial army to us. Even I didn't like our odds.

quote:

Imperial Commander: Surrender! You are in violation of the laws of the Sith Empire.

Quinine: Usually I stick to breaking the laws of the planet I'm on.

quote:

Moff Tyrak: This isn't my fault! I was being helpful... I was scouting for guards.

Risha: It seems you found them.

Imperial Commander: Silence! Men, kill them-

Just when it looked like we'd reached the end of the line, guess who decides to rejoin the party just in time to pull our fat out of the fryer.

You could say she made an explosive entrance.

”Risha” posted:

Booo.

”The_Riggler” posted:

Yeah, sorry Captain, that was a real stinker.

Why is it easier to crack wise while being shot at than it is with you vultures looking over my shoulder?

Akaavi's well-dropped detonators took out most of the Imperial patrol, but they still had some ragged reinforcements. Not much of a challenge for the three of us, though.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

I AM UNIMPRESSED BY THE CAPTAIN'S TALE OF BATTLE

Uh... sorry? It's all for a good cause.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

I KNOW YOUR CAUSE IS WORTHY
STILL
IT MIGHT HAVE MADE A BETTER STORY IF THE WEAPONS HAD BEEN GUARDED BY A FEARSOME MUTANT RANCOR

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Point is, we won.

Recommended for vengeance! Or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXXtct7igLA

quote:

Akaavi Spar: I have saved your life. In return, I demand you turn over Moff Tyrak.

Akaavi Spar: I have hunted this man for five years. Ever since his command saw my entire clan executed as traitors.

Akaavi Spar: It was a lie! They served the Empire with honor! What did you seek to gain with their deaths?

”The_Riggler” posted:

And here I thought Moffs were supposed to be clever, cunning bastards.

”Risha” posted:

And Senators are supposed to be righteous champions of the people's will, and we all know how that one turned out.

It just goes to show, there's idiots in charge no matter where you go.

quote:

Akaavi Spar: But... but, why did you do it? Why conspire against them?

Moff Tyrak: If I get an execution order, I always sign it. Better the wrong man dead than a traitor left alive, right?

Akaavi Spar: This cannot be him! Where is the real Moff Tyrak? The sadistic Imperial puppet master?

quote:

Akaavi Spar: No. This can't be. My clan deserves vengeance. They must have their names cleared, the blood of their enemies used to purify their dishonorable deaths...

Risha: Revenge is always unsatisfying. Even if you succeed you're left with nothing.

Moff Tyrak: Can we leave now? I have tickets to the Pa'lowick opera on Nar Shaddaa tonight.

Akaavi Spar: No! I demand my blood rights!

”The_Riggler” posted:

Gotta say, Captain, she has a point. Somebody hurt the Riggs clan like that, I'd put 'em down, end of discussion.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

SPARING THE FAT IMPERIAL COWARD IS UNJUST
HE MUST PAY FOR HIS CRIMES

Hey, we're not holding a referendum here, okay? And anyway, it's obvious Moff Tyrak isn't the one really responsible for – look, just read the rest of the log.

quote:

Akaavi Spar: If there was another responsible for the deaths of my clan, then it is him I should be hunting.

Akaavi Spar: But perhaps it is a start. Perhaps he knows something that will let me track the true architect of my clan's betrayal.

See? Moff Tyrak just signed the form. The guy who set Akaavi's clan up in the first place, that's the guy she wants. Personally I'd start with Tyrak's assistant, looks like he was running the show.

quote:

Akaavi Spar: I am not often at a loss for words, but I had not thought where to go once my search ended.

quote:

Quinine: I can't offer you a clan, but you have a place with me as long as you want it.

Akaavi Spar: And I cannot give you my loyalty. But while I am with you, I will serve you well.

”akaavispar” posted:

As this is the part of the story where I join the crew, I will now join in the retelling.

Oh, for the love of – have you been reading my log this whole time?

”akaavispar” posted:

Yes.

”Risha” posted:

Do yourself a favor, skip the earlier entries.

If this keeps up much longer you might as well skip the future ones, too.

quote:

Akaavi Spar: I will prove myself by returning this wretch to the Republic. If I refrain from killing him, you know you can trust me.

Akaavi Spar: I did not forget my promise of a payment for bringing me the Moff. What would you have of me?

”The_Riggler” posted:

Oh! Captain! Ask her for a genuine Mandalorian ripper-pistol!

This happened in the past, Corso.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

MANDALORIANS HAVE HUNTED MY KIND BEFORE
THEY SLAVE AND MURDER FOR THE EMPIRE
I DO NOT LIKE HAVING THIS ONE ON BOARD

”akaavispar” posted:

Neither I nor my clan have fought with dishonor, and your people should be proud of how fiercely you have fought our hunters and warriors. It is a mark of honor to have fought with or against a Wookie and survived.

Can this wait? We're just about to wrap up here.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

I WILL TAKE MY PROTESTS TO THE APPENDIX

With our mission for Senator Dodonna a complete success, it was time to get clear of the factory. Just in time, too – last we saw of it, the Republic was just about to make the final push to take the thing back. I don't mean to brag, but Silas let us know how much of that was thanks to our good work in the field.

quote:

Silas Jarrde: Already launched the speeders. With those defenses down, the Empire will never see us coming.

”The_Riggler” posted:

Yahoo! Looks like you switched teams just in time, spikey, otherwise you'd be running scared with those Imperials all the way off Balmorra!

”akaavispar” posted:

I was not 'with' those Imperials – but had my clan not been betrayed, the outcome of Balmorra may well have been decidedly different.

”BOWDAAR” posted:

BOWDAAR WOULD SEE HOW STRONG A MANDALORIAN FIGHTS ONE ON ONE
NO STEALTH GENERATORS OR OTHER COWARD TRICKS

”Risha” posted:

I'd like to remind the whole crew that in order to save a few credits on our repair bill, the ship's internal bulkheads are not graded for impromptu gladiatorial combat. Now, maybe if you raise some money for upgrades by making the fight a holonet pay-per-view...

Okay, that's it! I'm putting my foot down – no more assistant editors! Everybody out!

Look at this mess, I can hardly tell what went down with the Nebula shipment now, and I was there! I'll have to rewrite the whole log. At least we've got plenty of time while we rendezvous with the Telos. Maybe if I

Oh hell, I think I just heard the wall between the ship's bar and the cargo hold buckle. Be back later!

##End Log##