Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Quesh Episode 1: Out of one poisonous atmosphere....

: So how did it go?

: The Jedi Order may just have won this war for the Republic... oh, and some grunts and crooks got pissed.

:So is our mission over then?

: Nah, taking down the Empire is one thing but the Emperor is another matter. Still we have time to make that brief stop on Quesh that Master Barran wanted.

: So the wars nearly won, huh? So far, so good. Now that we're a team, figure it's only a matter of time before the whole galaxy gets saved. Not to early for vacation planning, gorgeous. Ol' Doc's ready to whisk you away someplace special when this war's over.

: And what will we do on this getaway?

: What won't we do? Working too hard is bad for you. Trust me I'm a doctor. Don't make me confine you to bed rest, beautiful. Unless you want me to.

: I trust your instincts. I'll do whatever's necessary to protect my health.

: I like that in a patient. I recommend routine uh...-physical checkups. In fact, you should stop by the medbay at least once a day. I'll clear my schedule.

Some time later...

: Should be a straightforward mission. We go there find out what happened to the missing Jedi and move on simple quick and easy. Kira you're with me, Doc, T7 you guard the ship.

: Welcome to Quesh! Haven't seen many Jedi in this sector. You here for the war effort?

: I certainly hope your not here for the sights. Although the poisonous gas makes for pretty sunsets. I suppose. Speaking of which, you'll need this to survive Quesh's atmosphere. When it starts to wear off, see a medic for another shot.

: Why would the Republic fight for a poisonous planet?

: Although deadly in its natural state, Quesh venom, the chemical in the air, can be used to make powerful adrenals.

: The Empire found out about our mining operations here and filled the planet with troops and battle droids.

: And here was me thinking this was just going to be another boring fetch quest. This is actually going to be fun.

: Well, your cleared to travel to the planet's surface. Just say the word.

: I'm ready to have a look at this poison planet.

: Speak to General Korvan when you land. He'll brief you on the current situation. Good luck.

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

Atmosphere of Quesh

Quesh venom is one of the most toxic substances in the galaxy. When the great Quake split the ground millennia ago and released the venom from beneath Quesh's surface, the venom's evaporation destroyed the planet's once-pleasant air and made the atmosphere more hazardous to breathe than some biowarfare chemicals. The native fauna quickly died off, leaving only bones behind.

Although the toxicity has faded over the years, it is unsafe to wander Quesh without powerful adrenal countermeasures, special implants or a breath mask. The only beings who can comfortably endure Quesh's atmosphere are Hutts, who claim not to understand what the fuss is about.

Quesh's miners have also discovered that the harsh atmosphere takes a toll on their equipment, causing droids to rust and tools to degrade more quickly. Fortunately, the vast profits gained from mining Quesh venom make up for the exorbitant running costs.

: Gotta love the Jedi Order, Travel to new exotic worlds and see the galaxy. They don't mention Quesh in those brochures I bet.

: Quit whining we have a war to fight, Lets go find General what's his face

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

Republic Operational Headquarters

The Republic's center of operations on Quesh was established roughly ten years ago. Initially housing civilian miners, medical professionals and scientists, these workers gradually moved on to smaller camps elsewhere. When the Empire attacked Quesh, the old miners' quarters were quickly converted into a barracks and the entire site was turned over to the Republic military.

Many newly arrived soldiers remark upon the Operational Headquarters' light defenses, especially considering the high-level personnel stationed there. In fact, the headquarters' best protection is the large Quesh venom pipelines nearby. In a dire emergency, the pipelines can be vented, causing a massive biohazard to slow any aggressors while personnel are evacuated.

: Master Jedi, members of your order are always welcome, Please, join us. I'm General Korvan, at your service. This is Major Treeg, my right hand.

: General, don't change the subject! If we don't strike now, the Empire will drive us completely off the planet.

: You know we cannot be drawn into attacking the enemy, Major. The mines and factories will be undefended.

: Its a risk we must take! Surely you agree with me? We can't let the Empire simply advance to our doorstep!

: Without a doubt.

: Listen to the Jedi, General. We can't win this war without taking the offensive, and quickly.

: I thank you for the recommendation, but this matter is not up for a vote. I will not leave our civilian worker undefended in order to press an attack. And that is final, Major.

: General? I'm getting a distress call from the worker camps, Putting it through now, sir.

: Is anyone there? General Korvan, you have to help us! Imperial sappers have blown open the venom pipelines. There's venom flooding everywhere, poisoning my men--we can't get past the Imperials to seal the pipes.

: Do what you can to get your people out. Help is on the way. Korvan out.

: If you had engaged the Empire, they wouldn't be attacking civilians now.

: My thoughts exactly.

: Major you are too talented an officer to end your career on insubordination charges. Do I make myself clear?

: Yes, sir.. My apologies. Should I redeploy my men to the worker camps?

: I'd like you to hold your forces at the mines in case this is simply a tactic to draw us out. If your willing to help us, please, go to the camp. Drive back Imperials and seal the pipeline.

: Won't those workers need medical attention?

: They will. Take these healing adrenals. They'll counteract the venom. Speak to the foreman once the site is secure. And good luck.

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

General Korvan

A veteran of battles on Dantooine and Velmor, General Korvan has years of experience defending resource-rich planets. Not only an experienced commander, he is also an accomplished diplomat used to balancing the requirements of the military with the demands of greedy corporations and the needs of workers. His unflappable nature made him the Republic's first choice to handle the crisis on Quesh.

General Korvan's polished manners occasionally clash with his quick-tempered strategist, Major Treeg, who believes that with the right battle plan, the Republic could wipe the Imperial forces off Quesh in a day. Korvan has adopted a more patient approach to the Empire's invasion, however, well aware that protecting Quesh's mines and workers must take precedence over a full scale assault.

: Here inject yourself with this 3 times a day until it runs out and it should keep you alive while flushing the neurotoxins out of your bloodstream. Be careful not to reuse the needles though,

: Since when do you know so much about medical care?

: Pillow talk.

: ...Forget I asked.

: That should be the last of them.

: My men owe you their lives. We won't forget this.

: Always glad to kill Imps.

: Thanks to you, we can get our operation running again.

: What will you do if they attack the pipeline again?

: We'll build turrets near the pipeline. If the Empire tries anything else, they'll regret it. *beep* Hang on--a call's coming in from General Korvan.

: I was hoping I'd reach you. Is the pipeline secure?

: You wouldn't have called just for a report. Has something gone wrong?

: On the contrary, we've got a stroke of unexpected luck. The Empire is responding to their defeat here by making a frontal assault on our mining operation. In so doing they are using forces from their base defenses. This gives us an attack opportunity.

: I trust you have a strategy?

: We may never get another chance like this. It's dangerous, but we must strike at the Empire while we can. Going after the Imperial base may cost our miners their lives but gain us a strategic victory.

: The Empire's counting on our sentimental dedication to the miners. We must show our resolve.

: Once you're finished report to the Three Families' war camp. It's time you met our allies. Korvan out.

: All units this is the 86th Infantry at grid reference Alpha Mike Seven. We are under heavy assault by Imperial forces and our Jedi is non-responsive. Please send help. We cannot hold.

: Sounds like our missing Jedi. Lets get over there quick.

: Don't we have a base to blow up?

: It'll keep.

Video here

: My master sent you, didn't he? Of course. My shame is complete. This war... I wasn't ready. I never should've left Tython.

: Put your fears behind you. We need to defend this base.

: I can't go out there. You don't know what I'm capable of. When the Empire first invaded, the soldiers here captured some Imperial scouts. Brought them to me for interrogation. The prisoners... angered me. I killed them. Lied about what happened. When Imperial forces arrived outside. I hurled the corpses at them. Revealed my true face.

: This is war. They're the enemy. It's our job to kill them.

: The scouts were shackled. Defenseless. I didn't execute them--I slaughtered them. The only reason I stayed is because an Imperial officer recognized me. Called me by my old name. Said the "Emperors Wrath" is coming. He's sending his personal executioner for me. His wrath incarnate. I'll be punished for my crimes.

: Who is the Emperor's Wrath? A Sith Lord?

: A ghost. Older than anyone except the Emperor himself. Even the Dark Council fears him. Fighitng would accelerate my return to the dark side. I'd rather die with Jedi teachings in my heart.

: The last thing we need is him going dark side in here. We'll have to save this base without him.

: Lieutenant Gundo, 86th Infantry. You're here just in time. We've got Imperial forces massing outside. My engineers jury-rigged some ray shields, but it'll take time to seal the base. Unless you people hold the main enterance, we're dead.

: Please you don't know what you're asking me to do. I can't fight them.

: You made this mess. You'll help clean it up. Arm yourself--move!

: Falling in defense of others would be a good death....

: We're out of time--Imperials are coming through! Defend the main entrance!

: That's it--we did it! With the ray shields up. We can hold out until reinforcements get here.

: Then we kill our enemies. Yes. Destroy them to the last man. No...no. That's not... I told you! I shouldn't have done this!

: Hang on... we've got movement outside the ray shield. Who is that?

: What a mystery the Force can be. I came seeking a traitor, but found you instead. The time draws near.

: If you mean the time of your death, I'll have the lieutenant open the ray shield now.

: Reckonings arrive at there own pace. No need to rush them. You're strong and touched by darkness. That is unexpected. An advantage? Possibly. You may keep the Dark Council traitor. I smell his weakness. He'll die by his own hand, given the chance.

: Admit it. You don't want to face me.

: Arrrogant and prideful. Surprising in so many ways. The Emperor must hear of our meeting. I won't disappoint him with delays. Farewell, for now...

: So that was the Emperor's Wrath. Fun nickname.

: That other Jedi seemed pretty upset. Maybe you ought to talk to him while we secure things here?

: The Emperor's Wrath is gone. He isn't coming back for you.

: I had no doubts about myself during that battle. I felt good. Clean. Free. Nothing makes sense anymore. I don't know what to do.

: I've killed dozens--maybe hundereds--of Imperials. Am I evil? No. To win we must kill the enemy before they kill us. Master Braga doesn't understnad that, but I do. If you can be what's necessary--a weapon to destroy all who threaten the Republic--then you'll be a hero.

: You should run for the Senate. You'd fit right in.

: You're asking me to do exactly what the Empire commanded--defend it's civilisation at all costs.

: I'm not asking you to slaughter innocent civilians--but anyone in a uniform is fair game.

: My master sent you to me, but you're so different from him. Master Braga says one thing and you say the opposite... but I feel the truth of your words. I'll meditate on your guidance. Please tell my Master I'm alright. May the force be with you.

: Got to dash, Imperial base to knock over have fun clearing up without me.

Some time later outside an imperal base...

: That's no base... It's a fortress

: Pop quiz hotshot, What's the best way to take down an Imperial base?

: Take down the Anti-Air guns and call in an airstrike?

: Good you're learning.

: Kira take it away.

: This is Jedi 1138 I'd like an airstrike at these coordinates...

: Well that was underwhelming.

: Come on, Hutts hate being kept waiting.

End Recording