Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 15: TRUST NO ONE

Previously posted:

BALMORRA has been liberated, so those snooty bureaucrats from the RIFT ALLIANCE are sure to like us now, right?

[VIDEO: The Plot Thickens?]

: Nadia, I know you're new to space travel, but you can't go around pulling pieces off a starship.

: It just came off in my hand.

: That's the excuse I always used to use... What is it?

: The Republic database says it's an Imperial monitoring device.

: Uh oh.

: Only someone on board would know where to plant it, right?

: If someone was plotting against us, I would feel it. Detect Evil is a Miralukan racial trait.

It really is. Every race gets one unique, fairly useless, ability. Miralukans can tell how LS/DS other player characters are.

: That, er, isn't our only concern.

: Far too little, I'm afraid.

: Quesh is a contested planet, simply overflowing with valuable chemicals. So the Rift Alliance built a research facility there: Attis Station. The station has developed amazing healing technology. Some new weapons, too.

: I hoped I'd proven myself by helping Balmorra.

: Unfortunately, their “we've been neglected” attitude is hard to shake off. Attis Station houses the Rift Alliance's finest minds. And the technology and weapons they've developed mustn't fall into Imperial hands.

: What was the situation before Attis Station went silent?

: They sent a routine update, then we heard Imperial soldiers were in the area. Nothing more.

: We'll find out when we arrive, won't we, Jedi?

: But, Father, Attis Station was built with out world's technology. If someone's using the defenses, I can get inside.

: If anything happened to you, I'd never forgive myself.

: You won't have to protect me, promise.

: Nadia... don't take this the wrong way, but you have “hostage situation” written all over you.

: :mad: Just focus on saving the station and our scientists.

: As you wish, Nadia. Apparently, responsibility is a lesson you don't need.

: To Quesh then. What's Quesh like anyway?

: Acid lakes, vicious wildlife, toxic atmosphere... Lovely sunsets though.

: Man, why does the Empire never invade anywhere nice?

: Seetoo! Set course for Quesh. We're going to see the sunsets.

: Splendid. I shall ready the ship's easel.

: But, too many people. Inefficient. Can't watch them all.

: Everyone aboard has proved their loyalty and devotion... I think.

: They've proved it to you. Not to me.

: You don't have to be so paranoid any more. We're safe here. Relatively speaking.

: Be tough to adjust. Strange to be off Balmorra, with political power.

: Oh, and I reorganised the munitions locker, between political briefings. More efficient now.

: We have a munitions locker? ...Scratch that, we have munitions?

: It was actually full of pelts and horns. I put them in alphabetical order. Seemed neater.

: Huh, I wondered where Qyzen was hiding his stuff. Thanks, Zenith.

: …You have more orders?

: Can't relax if things are a mess.

: We have Seetoo to do the cleaning. I mean, he's not very good at it but still... You need to relax sometimes.

: Huh. Sounds like Gray Star talking.

: Who is Gray Star?

: Oh... kay. I'll speak to you later, Zenith.

Remember Gray Star? Now he's dropped that name you can figure out a lot about why Zenith is the way he is, given what Abeena did to Gray Star's resistance cell.

All the ambassadors hang out on your ship in the conference room. They each have a line about the current situation if you talk with them.

: If Nadia's determined to go with you to Attis Station, please, take care of her.

: Hope Tai does okay. Doesn't seem like a tyrant.

: Hmph! There was no Republic rescue when my world was bombed. I suppose ocean planets are expendable.

: I hope you and “Zenith” enjoy playing politics. The rest of us have work to do.

: Balmorra must be d-dreadful. B-bombings? Air raids? How do they s-stand it?

: Emergency transmission from Master Oteg of the Republic Expeditionary Fleet! Something about a Jedi prisoner or prison or something.

: Now? I guess Quesh'll have to wait. Change course for Carrick Station.

: Hiya Qyzen, how've you been?

: Has been no sickness, and molt goes smoothly. Is thanks to your medicine, Herald.

: That's what friends are for, Qyzen.

: I... I still hope to repay one day, Herald.

: For short time, I gain no points, until rebirth is complete.

: What's the rationale behind that?

: Is... strange question you ask. How could thing not dead or alive gain points?

: So you're like... a zombie? Until your new scales grow in?

: :geno:

: He called to speak of great hunting chance on Alderaan. But I cannot gain points, so is not proper.

: Sure. It'd be nice to visit Alderaan again... Qyzen?

: Yes, Herald?

: Have you noticed anyone acting strangely onboard? Any of the ambassadors?

: No, but... senses dulled. Shko-yagu is distraction.

: Oh well. Still, stay alert.

: Always.

: Tharan, have you... What is all this stuff?

: Just a fraction of what's needed, alas.

: But we're finding components hard to come by. My suppliers are being ludicrously unreasonable. What's an unpaid bill here or there?

: No one's more honorable than Qyzen. Let's ask him.

: Want no part of this!

: Jedi, don't be silly, you know who he means.

: You have the power to do me an immense kindness with one little signature. I'd be eternally grateful.

: I'm not ruining my credit score for you, Tharan.

: You'll be contributing to the greatest scientific breakthrough in the history of the Republic!

: But what if I want to get a mortgage later?!

: That'll take every credit I possess! Do you want me destitute?

: Would you rather be a poor man with a Vandrayk Generator, or a rich man whose dreams are unfulfilled?

: Blasted Jedi logic!

: Ha ha! Checkmate!

: Don't you feel better though? Having those debts off your conscience?

: I feel positively ecstatic. Please excuse me, I need to go cry for a little while.

LATER...

: Approaching the fleet.

: Well, this is it! Time for another Q Team rescue mission.

NEXT TIME: This happens.

NEXT NEXT TIME: A lovely sunset.

BONUS SPACE EMAILS:

Doctor Carsiri posted:

First off, let me apologise. When the Barrager laboratory went up in flames, we ran so quickly from the chaos that I didn't get a chance to properly thank you. I'd like to remedy that now.

You'll be pleased to hear we've begun rebuilding. We're even getting help from Doctor Ortis himself. You may remember him--one of the weapon's original designers. He sends his thanks for rescuing him from the Gorinth Brig. From the stories he tells, I'm truly glad you were able to destroy that place, too.

Life is getting to be rather routine again, but I think I've had all the adventure I need for a lifetime. Thank you, truly, for saving our lives--and for everything you've done for Balmorra.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 1, 2014