Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 17: A LITTLE RESPECT

Previously posted:

ATTIS STATION- the RIFT ALLIANCE's super-deluxe research establishment- is under attack from a whole bunch o'SITH. And mild-mannered NADIA GRELL has started busting out the rear end-kicking superpowers, so we probably need to have a LITTLE CHAT about that at some point...

: Stragglers. Weak.

: Hey!

: ...urrrgghhh...

: This should unlock the door to the scientist's bolthole. We just have to deal with the Sith.

Three strong enemies block your path- two Warriors (good defences, average damage) and a Reaver (high damage, crap defence). Force Lift-ing one, and punting another over the balcony with Force Wave is a good way to even the odds.

The one you knock over the balcony won't be killed- the drop isn't high enough- but the time it takes him to run back up will let you take out at least one of his buddies.

: I'm glad that worked out.

: Not sure pushing people off balconies is honorable.

: Eh, I think it's a grey area. Let's go.

[VIDEO: The Jerk] (This guy has a great voice. I imagine the director shouting SNEER HARDER at him after every take.)

: But you're not alone. That girl's here too, yes? Fascinating. What's her name?

: She's under my protection.

: Jedi, if I want the girl, all I need do is wait.

: Creepy. Also, who are you?

: A Jedi enslaved to bureaucrats--and they still don't trust you. Senator Grell didn't even bother making excuses for them, did he?

: ...It takes time to be proven worthy of trust.

: And you can waste time humoring these people? Commendable.

: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, Kyrus!

: :smuggo:

: You fought so hard to save the Fortitude, and Balmorra--yet nobody respects you for it.

: What a charmer.

: Sarcasm lowest form of wit, Jedi.

: Ha. Now for the scientists...

: Don't! The station's yours, just don't kill anyone else!

: The enemy is gone. I'm a Jedi Master; you're safe with me. Remember: blue lightsaber good, red lightsaber bad.

: Thank the Progenitor. I thought we were finished.

: Anyway, thank you.

: A friend of mine is still in this station. I should try to find her.

: Wait, Jedi. Before you leave--let us help you.

: We have a classified weapon's program, inspired by Quesh's toxins. Effective and very promising. We also made a breakthrough in medical technology--new stims and healing techniques.

: I'd like to see the benefits of this healing technology you've discovered.

You'd think that was an obvious ethical decision- poisons vs. medicines, but neither choice carries any morality points. You can even tell him to make the choice himself if you want.

*mipmip mipmip*

: I'm heading back to the ship before father starts fretting. I'll meet you there.

: Does your father know about the whole “secret force powers” thing you have?

: I- He'll speak to you on the ship.

*bzzt*

BACK AT THE REPUBLIC BASE...

: We've got some time to kill before the shuttle to the spaceport comes. We could stop at the cantina?

: No alcohol.

: No. Definitely not.

: Quiet.

: I guess breathing Quesh air is all the stupefaction anyone needs here.

: Quesh air is good. Brings life.

: I think you're the only person on the planet who looks aliv-- What are you eating?

: You must feel much better now that your ordeal is over.

: Is one last part. To begin final stage of shko-yagu, I ate piece of molted skin.

: :gonk:

: Most mammals have that reaction. Life and death, all feed on each other. To eat piece of molt, proves I know this.

: Yes, Herald, is exactly so.

: Still... ewww.

: Skin provides nourishment for last changes, but is... uncomfortable. Like stone in the belly. But, must focus.

: Now I am living thing, with points to gain, would be goodness to go.

: Sure, we can make a stop on Alderaan. It'll be a good way to celebrate your return to life.

IN ORBIT ABOVE QUESH...

: We'd like to formally apologise for keeping Attis Station classified from you.

: Mistrust is a luxury we cannot afford.

: I... regret not taking that to heart sooner.

: Though we'll need, um... twice the guards to protect that medical research from the Empire.

: Spend the credits and hire them. Those medicines could be an investment for years.

: Investment?

: In lives, of course.

LATER...

: She told me you saw her... outburst. I imagine you want an explanation.

: You condemn the others for hiding Attis Station, but you were hiding Nadia's abilities from me.

: I know, I know. There's no excuse.

: That makes things worse!

: I hoped she would learn from you. From your experience.

: I cured a plague and beat up some crazy people. Not really experience with much general application. Nadia might benefit from some basic Jedi instruction.

: In time, certainly. But for now, I think she has some growing up to do.

: You realise that I have to tell the Order about her? Well, I mean, I should...

: My daughter looks up to you. Please, keep being her example.

: ...Fine. I'll think of something.

: Thank you.

: The Sith claimed he knew everything we've done here.

: The monitoring device Nadia found. It seems we do have a traitor on board.

: I should be able to sense any treachery through the Force.

: Naturally. Still, the evidence is there. Perhaps if we act normally, our “guest” will leave another clue.

: Or blow up the ship.

: Or that, yes.

: What do you mean by difficult situation?

: Hoth is infested with pirates who harass our shipping lanes, so we formed a coalition force to handle them. A quick mission, we thought. But those pirates just can't be defeated, and the Republic won't spare any help.

: How could a group of pirates survive against a powerful coalition force?

: We're not sure. The reports we have from Hoth are... odd.

NEXT TIME: :ackbar:

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Quesh Venom posted:

Quesh’s sole natural resource is a substance properly known as venenit queshaaga. Nicknamed “venom,” the liquid form of the substance can–when properly refined and processed–create extremely potent military-grade adrenals that safely increase a soldier’s combat abilities for a limited time. With galactic tensions rising, Quesh venom has become one of the most valuable substances in the universe and a key to military victory for both the Republic and the Empire. Unprocessed, Quesh venom is a virulent toxin. In its purest form, it is found seeping out of fissures created millennia ago by an ancient quake; it is these fissures that are mined by Republic and Imperial work crews. Over the centuries, significant amounts of Quesh venom have evaporated and tainted the planet’s atmosphere, rendering the entire world poisonous to most forms of life.