Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

PART 18: PREDATORS

Previously posted:

The RIFT ALLIANCE is having pirate trouble on the distant world of HOTH. Meanwhile, QYZEN FESS is planning a hunting trip to ALDERAAN at the invitation of his friend LEK SVAAL...

: Hey, Zenith! What have you been up to? You weren't at the post-Attis Station apology meeting.

: She wanted a “personal favor”, thought credits would look suspicious. Useful to know.

: “Personal favor”, eh? :heysexy:

: What are you doing?

: Nothing, nothing. Just implying stuff. :heysexy:

: Twi'leks don't have eyebrows. Your brow based innuendos mean nothing to me.

: ...You're missing out.

: Evidently.

: Well... You should be careful, Zenith.

: I'll remember. Gray Star said a friend is an enemy waiting to happen, and vice versa.

: He must have been fun at parties. You mentioned the name Gray Star once before.

: He was leader of the resistance cell I first joined on Balmorra. Taught me plenty, before everything changed.

: Yeah, don't want to get too excited.

The diplomats all have new things to say after saving Attis Station.

: Nadia's gifts have been... challlenging for us. I hope you can understand why I kept them secret.

: Please, Jedi, we s-said we were sorry about Attis Station! D-don't be too angry.

: I'm sorry we didn't tell you about Attis Station, Jedi. I assure you it won't happen again.

: So the station's saved. For now.

: Good luck, Jedi. Show those pirates who's in charge!

: We need to make a pit stop on Alderaan first. It's on our way though.

: Alderaan? There's been some strange reports out of Alderaan recently. A lot of disappearances on the frontier.

: Is that why you're g-going? An i-investigation?

: No... At least, I hope not.

LATER...

: Man, it's quiet around here.

: Anything on news?

: Didn't check... Where is Lek? I've got a bad feeling about th-

: Oh, there he is... Since when do Trandoshans and Wookiees hang out together?

[Subtitle error on this shot. I'll repost the line below]

: Jedi? Why are Jedi here, Lek?

: Oh, Qyzen Fess travels with wise and powerful Jedi. I no say?

: glawp!

: Trandoshans. Worthless. Even as bait.

: If you want to attack someone, you can do better than an unarmed youngster.

: I didn't come for you. I am Gwarror. I live by claiming Trandoshan heads. More than forty so far.

: Lie. No Wookiee could kill so many.

: I could kill a hundred more, lizard! They were sick from “shko-yagu”. Made it easy.

: So you made Lek lure us here, thinking you could add Qyzen to your body count.

: Killing hunters is crime against Scorekeepers favored!

: They skin Wookiees for sport! They deserve death!

: Let them come! We don't fear the lizards.

: Your fellow Wookiees may not risk their lives and villages simply for your bloodlust.

: Hmm. Chieftains are stubborn old men. Slow to act.

: As long as the killing ends, I am content.

: Herald, he kills and kills, with trickery! To let go spits in Scorekeeper's face!

: Even better.

: Qyzen... They're people. And what Gwarror did was evil, but you kill them for honor, or pride, or whatever, and that's evil too. And I'm not going to help perpetuate it, you have to understand-

: Enough.

So, we did the Jedi thing and brokered a truce, seriously pissing off Qyzen in the process- he drops 425 relationship points from that alone (the usual relationship gain from conversations at this stage is +30). The other routes you can take are attacking Gwarror straight off the bat, or promising to protect Qyzen which provokes Gwarror to combat. There's no in-game moral element to this scene, none of the options will earn you light or dark side points.

Also: I like Gwarror's Wookiee hoody.

Now, what about Lek?

: You claimed Dusk Shadow but when Gwarror found me, I think, “do not tell that Qyzen has Jedi friend”. This time, trap succeeds!

: You used information your enemy didn't have, a powerful weapon. Good work. Truly you are the trap master.

: Friend Jedi, is more you should know. I saw Gwarror speaking on holo, to buy names of Trandoshan hunters.

: A Trandoshan working with a Wookiee? That's unprecedented.

: Who was, Lek? Who sold brother hunters to Wookiee scum?

: Gwarror thanked Trandoshan, called him “Veneb”. But name is all I know.

: This Veneb is traitor to us. Is judgement he must face.

: No friend Jedi. I saw face, heard treachery, but is all. Is good thing you do. If you need clever trap for glorious victory, I will help for the asking.

: Will be so, Lek. Go safe.

: And you. Am glad to be leaving Alderaan. Is cursed.

: I want to look around here first. My Jedi senses are... sensing something.

: ...

: … full quarantine measures are in effect. Please heed all THORN safety precaution guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

: Quarantine?

: Either gas masks are back in fashion on Alderaan or something has gone very very wro-

WE INTERRUPT THIS LP TO BRING YOU A BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN!

: Mister Hyland, you're largely known as the CEO of Galactic Solutions Industries, or GSI. Why did you create The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization?

: The rakghoul plague is deadly, and must be contained. If you're on the infected world--remain indoors. If you even think you may be infected--seek quarantine immediately.

*drops the mike*

: Coming up NEXT TIME: A terrifying battle against nightmarish entities at the core of a doomed world. But now for some BONUS CODEX CONTENT from our sponsors.

THORN posted:

Whenever an outbreak of the rakghoul virus surfaces anywhere in the galaxy, one of the first distress calls is made to The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization (THORN). With its vast resources and singular mission--the permanent eradication of the rakghoul threat--THORN is a planet's best chance of avoiding a global pandemic.

To most citizens of the galaxy, this philanthropic organization created by entrepreneur Addalar Hyland is a welcome force for good. Few, however, are aware of the reason for Hyland's support of THORN as opposed to any other charitable cause. While he would never discuss it in public, it is a matter of record that Hyland lost two of his children to an outbreak of the rakghoul plague on Tatooine. Ever since that fateful day, he has diverted a great deal of his wealth earned from Galactic Solutions Industries to personally finance THORN.

Rakghouls on Alderaan posted:

In the war for the hearts and minds of the masses, propaganda can be a powerful weapon. Since the rakghoul plague surfaced on Alderaan, theories surrounding its point of origin have spread wider and faster than the plague itself.

House Organa immediately cited the outbreak's epicenter near King's Pass as proof that House Thul and the Empire were conspiring to use the plague as a biological weapon, while House Thul countered that House Organa implemented the outbreak themselves so they could place the blame on their rivals to stir up sympathy. Yet another premise suggests that House Ulgo nurtured the plague in order to ratchet up hostilities between Organa and Thul and further weaken the rival houses for Ulgo's eventual conquest.

While none of these accusations are likely to be revealed as true, one fact remains: Alderaan stands perilously close to the brink of a global rakghoul pandemic.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 1, 2014