Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Update 37: :mitt:

Last time we ended the update by digging up the graveyard outside of Prank's Stone.

"What a filthy job!"
"Could be worse."
"How?"
"Could be raining."

*KA-POW!*

:haw:

Prank's Stone Dead Folks posted:

Marty Hippler - "Beloved by all."
Kyle Bruning - "Always our loving son."
Lincoln Albervant - "He lies here too."
Jason Verchew - "He sung off key."
Sher Perlance - "She loved to dance."
Leighton Dink - "No longer can he hate his name."
Nat Delars - "May the Goddess of Death be gentle."
Damon Boyersmith - "He didn't want to go."
Corey Perlance - "Lost his life fighting a fire"

Two of the graves have goodies inside, and two have :ghost: to fight. You can usually tell based on the epithets on the graves which is which.

Let's rip open Jason Verchew's final resting place to see what he might have.

Yes, very valuable items. The greatest treasures in all the land.

"A chasity belt? Ugghhh... That's going to chafe my willy!"

Now let's defile the late Corey Perlance's grave by seeing what strange item his family decided to bury with him that is somehow tangentially related to the epithet on his grave.

"Wot?"

Just dig him up already.

Cool. Fire arrows! Last time we got some of these was way back in LaMut.

"And so we lay Corey to rest. Truly a brave man, he put out the fire using his bare buttocks, like a true hero would. We honor his sacrifice with this, a random number of arrows. May they forever burn underground just like Corey would have wanted. Amen!"

That's it for the goodies, now for the :ghost:. The first one, as you might expect, is Lincoln Albervant.

Fortunately we only face one ghost right now, and unlike when we had to fight an angry undead baby back a number of updates ago, this time we have an ace up our sleeve.

By that, I mean Owyn casting Skin of the Dragon on James and Gorath so they are protected against baby spitup that the ghosts fire at them.

It goes pretty quickly after that, nobody gets hurt and we banish a ghost back to hell.

The second ghost is Damon Boyersmith.

I employ the same strategy as the first battle and it is easily won. Horray! Onto Prank's Stone!

That's right! Prank's Stone.

With its... crappy shops. At least I can offload the near dozen dragon stones I've been lugging around though.

Prank's Stone! With flying pigs!

And.. confusing gifts and domestic violence? :confused:

(according to BaK web she gives James rope. I don't know either.)

Kahooli Priests are at Kenting Rush and are weird. Got it. Let's see what else the town has to offer.

:what:

Just lost 25 gold for clicking on a door. Thanks, Obama.

"It can't be all bad. This guy seems legit."
:pervert: "Come in, come in! Have I got something to show you."

Noooo! Don't go in James!

We didn't have any rubies to convert, but it is just as well. While the process does work, it just turns rubies into low quality 2% diamonds, which are equivalent to an 8% ruby.

One last house in Prank's Stone.

And it doesn't tell us anything useful.

Now onto the famous stone itself.

:what:

I guess I was expecting something bigger.

Can... can we touch it?

I don't know. Let's ask Mom Gorath?

BUT I WANTED TO TOUCH IT! :saddowns:

Quick... Owyn.. Gorath isn't looking. MAKE WITH THE TOUCHING! :getin:

"Well it doesn't look like we are missing anything...

"MY KEYS! MY PRECIOUS PEASANT KEYS! Owyn! That's it, mister! You are GROUNDED!" :rant:
:haw:

Good thing that didn't actually happen, thanks to the power of Bookmark.

Let's get the hell out of Prank's Stone! We are soooo close to getting to Romney and finishing up Chapter 2!

Uhh.. guys?

"Uhhhhhh.... No?"

"Eeeeeeeeeesssss-No?"

Hmmm. I don't like the sound of that.

We encounter a trap on the other side of the river that was so easy to solve that I didn't even bother taking a screenshot of it. C'mon, it's Romney, Baby! :mitt:

Finally. Spent a huge amount of time going the long way around. I'm sure it will be worth it though. C'mon guys, let's stroll on in, and...

:cry: WHYYYYYYYYY?! :emo:

"Can the townspeople come and go at will?"
"We've restricted visitors from the outside, not imprisoned the citizens. Any townsperson can come and go at their leisure."
"I assume the same may be said of your guests? May the men of the King's company come out and play? We have business with them."
"I would be happy to help you but I'm not entirely certain I would know how to contact them. Tey are hard to get into one place and I'm not sure that I've met their leader. They are a rather untrusting pack of men."
"They would have to be. When you're tracking assassins, you have to be craftier and a little less mortal than your prey. So, where would I go to get one of these seals?"
"It's not that easy. There's a group near Silden that have been petitioning for membership for some time now. But they're an unruly bunch and can't find anyone to sponsor them."
"But if I present a seal you will step aside with no questions asked?"
"Well, not with no questions asked, but it would show that someone from the guild was vouching for you."
"Enough, reeve. We will come back. In the interim, please deliver a message to the King's men from Bas-Tyra that three men will be here soon to visit with them concerning a nocturnal bird that kills at night. They will understand what the message means.

James... we ALL understand what that message means.

Well, this is a bunch of bullshit. Maybe he was bluffing, let's try again?

"Halt. I can't let you across without a Glazer's..."
"...Guild seal, yes, you've told us before. The business I have with the King's men is very important and I can't tolerate further impedance by a group of self-important cattle! Let us pass!"
"Present the seal and the town is yours. Until then, sleep in the mud, Seigneur. It suits your manners."
"Right now, my "manners" are the only thing separating your skull from my boot. We'll be back."

Oh yes.. we'll be back. Then we'll make them pay. We'll make them all pay.

:siren: BONUS UPDATE :siren:

Just north of the graveyard outside of Prank's Stone are a couple of puzzle chests. Let's puzzle them out together, shall we?

"Names give power. Magic to control. But what is broken, by naming it?"

Wordlock Combination Letters posted:

T U V E T E D
R P I N N C E
S I O O Y S S
O H L S R R Y

Nothing special, just a good 50 gold and a dragon stone.

"The language of men, can be mastered. But what Kingdom word is always pronounced wrong?"

Wordlock Combination Letters posted:

P E R D E
W O I S D
T H O N S
I R E O G

Elf arrows are nice, as are restoratives, but that's about it.

See you next time! Where we begin our plan for revenge! :flame:

Snugglecakes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 6, 2014