Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Interlude 8: You come at the King you best not miss

RSS Galt in orbit around Tython.

: Kira you're with me. This is Jedi business and besides if anyone ever earned the right to be in on this it's you. The rest of you stay here, I want this ship in tip-top condition. We're going into the heart of darkness here people and I want everything working perfectly.

Video

: Welcome back, friend. We've made astounding progress, thanks to you.

: Analysis of the Hoth data has laid bare the entire defence grid of the Emperor's fortress. There are weaknesses we can exploit.

: Even better, we understand how the cloaking device protects the fortress. We've just jury-rigged a scanner that sees through it.

: At last, the emperor is within our reach.

: We can seize that scum right now. Force the Empire to surrender.

: Patience. Our victory will be assured when we leave nothing to chance.

: Our vessels are being prepped for the journey to Dromund Kaas. Long-range scanners will recieve upgrades to detect the Emperor's fortress.

: We'll pilot our individual starships to land in different docking bays. Multiple targets will divide the enemy's defences.

: Once we're inside the fortress, we'll each follow our assigned path through the security grid. We'll converge on the Emperor's throne room.

: We'll capture the Sith leader, bring him to Tython... and redeem him to the light side of the Force. A perfect victory.

: The Emperor, redeemed to the light side? Impossible.

: Your ally Kira was once a child of darkness. Now she's a Jedi Knight.

: Hold on a minute, Am I the only one with a sense of scale here? Kira was a minor soldier in the Sith hierarchy, a lackey basically. Sorry Kira. The Emperor is a genocidal maniac who has killed millions and enslaved billions and you think you can redeem him with a nice chat about the Jedi dental plan? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Just kill him and be done with it.

: Defeating the Sith through violence accomplishes nothing. We must embrace them as our own. It is the key to a lasting peace that will save countless lives.

: Master Braga, we must speak before this plan goes any further. There are those among us who have raised... concerns.

: Now that I've heard the plan, I have my own objections.

: You have a gift for irony. I've always considered your plan reckless, Master Braga. Now your former team member comes to me with a disturbing vision you chose to ignore.

: Jomar, we discussed this. You should be in the kolto baths. You still haven't recovered from your attack on Tatooine.

: It was during my healing meditations that I saw a vision of this Jedi. She was falling to the dark side--becoming a Sith!

: You didn't tell me about this vision when he first shared it with you?

: The future is forever in motion. Events that appear certain today are impossible tomorrow. Must I remind the Council that the Jedi do not pass judgements based solely on visions?

: If you take her on this mission, it will fail. I should go instead.

: You're angry over being left behind. You want to replace me.

: I want to save this galaxy.

: We all do--but that hope must never descend into passion. I fear yours has.

: I've known this Jedi since she was Master Orgus's Padawan, She has saved lives across the galaxy. I do not doubt her loyalty.

: Jomar, Master Kaedan... I appreciate your concerns, but I do not share them. I see no reason to delay Master Braga's mission.

: If you're done questioning my loyalty, we have a galaxy to save.

: No! This is wrong! I know what I saw!

: Master Braga, I demand you reconsider. There's too much at stake here.

: The time for debates is over. The hour of our victory approaches. My friends, we depart for the Emperor's fortress at once. We'll coordinate our assault once we're all inside. May the Force be with us!

Several days later in the Dromund Kaas system...

:siren:Watch this. Watch it!:siren:

: I've docked inside the Emperor's fortress. No sign of opposition.

: I'm in, as well. Perhaps we caught the Emperor napping.

:: I took some cannon fire getting in, but my shields held up.

: The Meedees detect enemy forces converging on my hangar. Looks like I drew the short straw.

: Everyone disembark. Follow your routes to the objective. No surrender, no retreat.

: Are you saying we're on a suicide mission?

: We cannot afford to fail. We'll never get another chance. I'll see you in the throne room. May the Force protect us all. Master Braga out...

: I can feel him. He's waiting. He'd be laughing, if he still knew how.

: Who's laughing? I don't hear anything.

: The Emperor isn't afraid. He's just quiet. Still. All he feels is... cold rage.

: I don't care what Master Braga wants. I'll take the Emperors head, first chance I get.

: Can't you feel the deaths that happened here? Others tried--and failed. We shouldn't have come. This is a trap.

: You'll be safe on the ship. I'll take one of the others.

: This isn't about me. We're all at risk!

: The docking bay sealed shut behind us. Retreat is not an option. I'll go with you.

: Emperor = unable to influence T7 circuits // Jedi+T7 = perfect team.

: Maybe I should stay and look after Kira? Poor kid--look at her shaking....

: T7 you're the man droid for the job. No offence, my little friend, but you're easier to fix if you get hurt.

: Droids = more resilient than organic life // T7 = Jedi best bet! Further delay = mission failure // time to act = now.

: This is the best the empire has? I'm barely breaking a sweat...

: You violate the Emperor's sanctum. There is only one punishment.

: The Emperor's Wrath. You left empty-handed on Quesh. Prepare for another disappointment

: Your friends did not survive. You fight alone.

: Emperor's Wrath + Emperor = two targets // T7 = taking Emperor?

: By my master's command, you must die.

: You are the Jedi's finest. It is not enough to save you.

: Tough talk for someone who's losing this fight.

: Be careful. Arrogance is a weakness freely exploited.

: Surrender, Sith. You and your master cannot stand against all of us.

: I knew you weren't dead. What took you so long?

: We discovered a few changes to the security grid--nothing we couldn't handle. Now let's finish this.

: Misdirected passion. Such a waste.

: My friends and I wish to speak with you. Please accompany us to Tython.

: An infantile display, Tol Braga. Reckless pride limned by self-righteousness. You are master of nothing.

: I knew you wouldn't come quietly. I will end you here and now.

: You mistake me for your own weak flesh. I do not end. You stand there because I allow it. Because I do not fear.

: Fight back! We can resist him!

: You are mine. Servants. Slaves. Weapons. And you will obey....

The End