Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #079
Stardate: I do not know the Republic calendar, only that it has been some time since I joined the crew

I would not normally read the Captain's log without his permission, but circumstances have made it necessary. It's been more than an hour and he has not yet emerged from Shai Tenna's lair. He also will not pick up his holo-comm. I searched the pirate hideout myself when I became suspicious, yet there is no sign of him or Shai Tenna, and none of the pirates admit seeing either of them leave. Something has gone wrong.

Perhaps retracing our steps will provide the answer. It seems his last unedited entry begins when we were tasked by Shai Tenna to slay Kandhar, his rival.

Yes, I recall this ice cave. It is difficult to tell one from another, but Shai Tenna's slave assured us this one was Kandhar's lair.

It was brimming with pirate lackeys. The Captain wished to avoid engaging them if possible, insisting we sneak through the tunnels like gutter rats. This show of cowardice confuses me – we have defeated far more fearsome foes than these.

Reaching the lowest tunnels where Kandhar was to make his pact with the Empire involved killing a few beasts. These, at least, the Captain did not shy away from.

Once we found the right location, the Captain had us wait until Kandhar and his Imperial contact arrived. It seems he was especially interested in proof of their cooperation.

quote:

Commander Tarkus: He will send the promised payment as soon as you secure your portion of the arrangement.

The Voidwolf and the Captain's rivalry seems to dog us from world to world. Could he be related to the Captain's disappearance?

quote:

Quinine: Is the White Maw answering to the Voidwolf now?

Commander Tarkus: Kill this intruder!

Kandhar: It would be my pleasure. Get him, boys!

Quinine: Act fast. Or your men might start asking about that “promised payment”

I have no doubt we could've killed both the Imperials and the pirates, yet the Captain chose to drive a wedge between Kandhar and his men instead. Why?

quote:

White Maw Sergeant Halrii: Yeah, he's been busy with this deal for months. What are they paying?

White Maw Sergeant Feldon: Why are we meeting with this Imperial scum?

Quinine: You think the Voidwolf will keep a promise to some nobody pirate?

Kandhar: Nobody? Nobody! When the Empire sends me their battle droids, I will lead the White Maw!

Kandhar was plainly a fool. A puppet for the Voidwolf, easy to control, and inspiring no loyalty from his men. This display disgusts me, as it did the Captain.

quote:

Quinine: He's going to turn you all into slaves so he can take over the White Maw.

Kandhar: No! You'll ruin everything! With the Voidwolf's help, I'll rule the White Maw, here and throughout the galaxy!

Kandhar: These fools are a small price to pay for the battle droids who will let me destroy the Gen'Dai.

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: You turncoat son of a Hutt!

The Imperial is wise to fear the situation unravelling. Those are his last words.

quote:

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: I'm not working for any Imperials!

White Maw Sergeant Feldon: Yeah. Blast the Voidwolf. We're free men. We're the White Maw!

The Imperial commander dies in the same volley, and his men flee into the tunnels. We didn't need to lift a finger. I confess I was disappointed, but strangely the Captain then chose to chat with men who were still his enemy.

quote:

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: I guess a few of us had our suspicions, but I'm glad you took out that swine before he could sell us all out to the Voidwolf.

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: I'm guesing it wasn't just chance that you were waiting here?

Quinine: Shai Tenna set this as my initiation into the White Maw.

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: You come from him, I just wanted to give you a warning, kind of a “thank you”.

Hm. The Captain is not a complete fool, despite what he might sometimes say or do. He was wise to Shai Tenna's treacherousness.

quote:

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: Don't get me wrong, if you want into the White Maw then Shai Tenna is absolutely the best way.

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: But he's an ice-hearted, backstabbing miserable son of a Hutt. Don't trust anyone.

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: Kandhar's sent men for him before – he's got a personal shield generator, makes him practically untouchable.

Quinine: So, did Kandhar just fail, or did you learn anything useful?

White Maw Lieutenant Risold: Kandhar was going to try an ion grenade next. Figured, the man's got shields, fight him like a droid.

This would make Shai Tenna a formidable opponent, but I am certain the Captain carried such a grenade on him. It could not be that Shai Tenna simply crushed him...

There is a strange... honour among thieves, it seems. Even though they are our enemies, Kandhar's treachery went beyond what even pirates and scoundrels could abide. Perhaps they have this one thing in common with Mandalorians.

I remember, we returned to Shai Tenna's hideout. Everything appeared normal, yet the Captain said he had “a bad feeling” about something.

He sent me away, asked I wait for him at the bar while he spoke to Shai Tenna alone. At first I assumed he was simply interested in Shai Tenna's twi'lek slave, but perhaps it was some other instinct... this is the part where I was not at his side, what happened in Shai Tenna's den?

Recommended for the Captain's fate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkghRPDYbEM

quote:

Alilia: Fantastic. Now we won't be handed off to the Imperials like unwanted puppies.

Alilia: Sadly, it also means the chances of my “love and lord” getting a blaster bolt between the eyes just dropped to nil.

Quinine: Is that a request?

Alilia: Anyone who tried that would need a better reason than me asking.

Making yourself seem helpless to attract a male to protect you. I loath this kind of weakness.

Perhaps I should be less surprised that it worked so well on the Captain and his ridiculous sense of chivalry.

quote:

Alilia: What would the Republic want with someone like me?

So, Shai Tenna was there. This will end badly...

quote:

Quinine: You'll bring me before the council? Get me into the White Maw?

Shai Tenna: Of course. You held up your end of the bargain.

Shai Tenna's man circling on the left. If I had been there, I could've stopped him. The Captain's senses are dulled.

Fool! It isn't the man in front of you that you need to watch!

The logs end here. His signal is lost. In all likelihood, he is dead.

I warned the Captain when I joined his crew that I was only looking for a job, some kind of purpose now that I am the last of my clan. He is not a brother Mandalorian, I am simply his hired gun. No mercenary would keep working for a dead commander.

But then again... he understands loyalty. I saw it with Kandhar, and I have seen it with his inexplicable devotion to the Republic. If I were missing, he would search for me. He might be the last one in the galaxy who would.

I will try to find him. I owe him that much. And if I cannot find him, I will make Shai Tenna regret crossing clan Spar.

##End Log##