Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Interlude 9: No gods, No masters.

Video

: I want her dead

: She serves the Sith now... She is no threat.

: How may I assist you my lord?

: See? Our own utterly obedient agent within the Jedi. Or a totally reliable enforcer of the Emperor's will? This bears much thought.

: Now we need one final test of your combat abilities. Destroy this droid... and earn your place amongst the servants of the Emperor, slave.

: In his name it will be done...

: Where am I? What the hell is happening? I--

: Congratulations. You have proven yourself, for now. Now report to your sleeping quarters and await further instructions.

: Acknowledged master and thank you.

: Don't let him win. Free yourself. You're stronger than his influence. Fight!

: Master Orgus... what happened?

: The emperor clouded your mind in darkness. Made you do terrible things. You've been the Emperor's pawn a long time, but you're finally free.

: I've been under his control for days? Weeks?

: Time has less meaning for me than you. Long enough. You're still aboard the Emperor's fortress. The enemy is everywhere, but they think you serve them.Keep your true nature secret. Find a way out. Your dark ally will help.

: I'll play along until I can break free. Thank you, old friend.

: The Force is with you again. Be strong...

: Stop muttering to yourself, acolyte. Today we test your ability to extract information from the enemy. Knowledge is power. Our enemies possess the secrets to their own annihilation. We must learn everything.

: I'm ready for my lesson. Please instruct me.

: One of the scum you arrived with awaits interrogation. You'll conduct it while I watch.

: They'll give up what they know or die.

: You aren't authorized for executions, yet. Follow me. I'll instruct you in using the tormentor device.

: You'll see I'm a natural when it comes to inflicting pain.

: Let's begin. It's a simple device. Three inducement settings, each inflicting greater pain on the subject. The tormentor monitors the subject's vital signs, stopping just short of delivering lethal damage. Still quite agonizing, however.

: I know you're still in there. You're not one of them. If I beat him, you can too.

: Proceed with the lowest inducement setting. Get your subject focused.

: Bad news overseer. I don't work for the Emperor anymore-- and neither do you.

: You're free. Are you all right?

: I am now. I knew you'd come back. This place is crawling with Sith who don't know you're back to normal, but you won't fool them forever. We need to leave--quick. Teeseven and the others are still in the docking bay, locked in cages. We can free everyone and take back the ship.

: We aren't leaving until I kill every Sith on the station--especially the Emperor. I swore no one would ever enslave me again. I'll not rest until the emperor is in pieces.

: Are you crazy? We barely survived the last fight. We need to get out of here.

: I suppose your right, but I swear on my parents graves that I'll be back. No one enslaves me again and gets away with it.

: Step away from my ship. We're leaving.

: If I wished to fight, I would not have freed your crew or killed these guards.

: Sith = telling truth // Sith = freed us + secured hangar

: More guards will come. Shall we go before they arrive?

: Free Master Tol Braga and my fellow Jedi, and I'll consider it.

: If they were here, I'd have liberated them as well. I could've killed you on Quesh, had I wanted. Did you never wonder why I hesitated? I have waited three hundred years to see the face that came to me in a vision. Your face.

: How can this possibly be true?

: I am much older than you think. Only a few beings have broken the Emperor's domination. You and that girl are special.

: Kira and I have the power to destroy your master.

: Not yet. Not without my help. Though the Emperor seeks to conceal his true plans, I have seen them. That vision has driven me to this... I pledge my loyalty to you. Take me to your Jedi Council on Tython and I'll reveal why.

: We're not actually considering this? I mean, he's obviously full of Something, awful.

: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with Doc. This is a trap.

: I seek to save this galaxy from annihilation. Without my help, your ship will never escape. I can guide you to freedom.

:If I'm taking you to the Jedi homeworld, you'll be under guard at all times. Don't try anything.

: Your flattery is pointless. I do not seek your people's deaths--only their cooperation.

: Security won't be an issue. He twitches wrong, he's dead.

: Time is a luxury we no longer possess. We must go--now. I will navigate us through the defence grid.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Lord Scourge (Knight)

As the Sith Emperor's personal executioner, the grimly fatalistic Lord Scourge has personally killed more than a hundred Jedi--and ten times as many Sith. Even the most powerful members of the Dark Council avoid offending the man bearing the title "the Emperor's Wrath."

Lord Scourge has dutifully served the Empire for over three hundred years, his life unnaturally prolonged by perverse technology and his master's dark side powers. Centuries spent watching his fellow Sith Lords rise and fall has given Lord Scourge a unique perspective on people. He can analyze someone's flaws after only brief observation, and freely shares his perceptions (whether they're wanted or not).

Likes: Using power against the weak, power, anger, revenge and spite
Dislikes: Greed, acts of mercy, Jedi and Republic authorities

Primary Stat: Strength
Secondary Stat: Endurance

Primary Weapon: Lightsaber
Secondary Weapon: Shield Generator

: Let's get the hell out of here.

:Where to?

: Anywhere but here!

: So what are we going to do with him?

: Shove him in the cargo bay for now. Give him what he wants within reason though.

: I thank you for your trust, Jedi. I might not have given mine so freely were our positions reversed.

: Who said I trust you? I'll hear you out, but nothing more.

: We work well together. In time, you will believe me. I will speak of my vision in detail to your council. Suffice it to say I have long opposed my lord Emperor. For a time, I worked with the greatest of your Jedi Heroes--Revan and the Jedi Exile. But they did not have the strength to complete their task.

: That's quite a claim. Why should I believe you?

: You will find no proof. I hid my association with them well. Nonetheless, I was their ally in the shadows, helping them oppose my lord Emperor. Until my vision: Jedi, shining with the Force, lined up to destroy him. All were swept aside. Revan and the Exile were cast at my feet. Then out of the shadows, one Jedi emerged to cut the Emperor down. That Jedi wore your face.

: Ooh, I can't wait to decapitate that smug scumbag. I hope this isn't one of those metaphorical visions, I hate those.

: If you succeed, there will truly be a void left to fill. In the vision, I bowed before you and took a crown from the Emperor's head. It ended when you held his power in your hands.

Later back on Tython...

Jedi Chat

: It's been so long. We thought you were lost forever.

: The mission to seize the Emperor has failed. He's more powerful than we realised. Master Braga, Leeha Narez, and Warren Sedoru are still missing. The Emperor's Wrath helped us escape. He betrayed his master to join our side.

: Sith serve no one but themselves.

: I altered my loyalties to avert a threat to myself--and you. Jedi are not alone in seeing the future. Centuries ago, I had a vision of the Emperor destroying the galaxy. Republic, Empire, everything gone. This Jedi has the power to stop him.

: Extinguishing all life in every star system? No one could do that.

: He wields power no Jedi or Sith has dreamed of. The renewed war is merely a diversion to conceal the Emperor's designs. His true plans are already in motion across the galaxy. One by one, every star system will simply die. Trillions will perish.

: How does that benefit the Emperor?

: He'll feed on those deaths to become more powerful than all the Jedi and Sith combined. An immortal being of unlimited power.

: Once everyone's dead, who will he rule over?

: Domination holds no appeal to him. Only power. And this is not the sole galaxy in the universe. A thousand years ago, the Emperor tricked an entire Sith world into aiding a dark ritual. He promised great power. Only for himself, of course. The ritual consumed every living thing on the planet. He absorbed those life essences through the Force.

: One less planet of Sith to worry about.

: Don't speak like that. This is beyond our worst nightmares.

: The Emperor has manipulated events for centuries towards one goal; performing an even greater ritual that will destroy this galaxy. But the ritual requires a great sacrifice to begin, billions of simultaneous deaths. He seeks to commit genocide on Belsavis.

: That prison world holds the worst filth capture by the Republic. Mass murders, tyrants--even captured Sith Lords.

: We've kept the planet's location secret for decades. If the Emperor has found it....

: Once the sacrifice occurs, the Emperor's ritual cannot be stopped. We must save Belsavis.

: "We"? Your role in this is over, Sith.

: We can't just kill him now, he has more information we may need.

: I confess, I agree with Master Kaedan. Leaving the Emperor's executioner free is a terrible risk.

: I know the Emperor's ways, Belsavis is not the only world in danger. We must find the others, and I cannot help you from a prison cell. Like it or not, we need each other.

: He's right. I can feel the truth. Without his help we are all dead. The Council will concentrate on locating other worlds at risk--and finding our missing friends. I'm counting on you to stop the Emperor's plans.

: We'll need all the help we can get. There's room on my ship for you.

: The order needs leadership. This war is stretching us to the limit. Contact me when you reach Belsavis and don't rely too closely on your "ally."

: I'm disrupting the fabled Jedi calm. I suggest we depart.

SWTOR Codex posted:

The Emperor's Plan (Knight)

Every decision the Sith Emperor has made for the last millennium has been in the service of one dark goal: the complete annihilation of every living thing in the galaxy. The Emperor's desire is not destruction for its own sake, however. He is not a nihilist. The Emperor intends to feed on the galaxy's extinction and draw that energy into himself, giving him true immortality--and a godlike mastery of the Force.

The Jedi can only speculate on what the Emperor will do if his plan succeeds. Does he intend to preserve any followers, or live on alone? With such unlimited power, could he plant the seeds of life and raise a new galaxy from the old one's ashes?

End of Act 2

:siren:Voting Time:siren:

So we now have our 5th and final Companion Lord Scourge. A Sith Lord who is totally useless a melee tank He has agreed to help us stop the Emperor from killing the entire galaxy. But do we like him or hate him.

a.) Like
b.) Hate

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 29, 2014