Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Belsavis Episode 1: Retirony

RSS Galt In Orbit around the Prison Planet Belsavis

: Master Satele, we've arrived at Belsavis. Have you learned anything?

: The Empire just launched a surprise attack there. Dangerous prisoners are free from their cells to wreak havoc down on the surface.

: A mere diversion. The Emperor has only one true goal - the annihilation of all life on this world.

: Wiping out an entire planet isn't easy. Believe me I've thought about it...*cough* Alderaan *cough*

: We don't know how the Emperor intends to destroy all life on Belsavis. We do have one lead. Intelligence indicates a high-ranking Imperial named Executor Krannus recently arrived on world.

: Krannus is a pure-blooded Sith. Fanatically loyal to the Emperor, Whatever the plan is, he's the one tasked with carrying it out.

: What else can you tell me about Executor Krannus?

: Unlike most of Sith blood, Krannus was not born with an affinity for the Force. Despite this, he has risen quickly through the ranks of the Emperor's army. It would be mistake to underestimate him.

: Enna Tabord, a member of our Order, is already on the surface looking for Krannus. She'll help you find the Executor. But she isn't strong enough to stop him that task falls on you.

: What about the prisoners should we leave them alone and focus on the Emperor's plot?

: If the Emperor succeeds in his ritual all life in the galaxy will be extinguished.

: What your companion says is true, but Jedi do not turn their backs on those in need. Do not endanger your mission, but do what you can to help the Republic restore order. Go to the planet's surface and meet Enna at the coordinates I'm sending you now. May the Force be with you.

: Rusk your with me, the rest of you monitor the planet from here. Let me know if the situation changes.

: Surely I would be of more help in thwarting the Emperors designs for this world?

: Listen pal when I want your help, I'll ask for it.

: Hmph

: Why do I get the feeling you don't entirely trust our new Sith friend?

: Because I don't. Scourge is a Sith, he'll backstab us the moment he no longer needs us.

: Your so sure he'll turn on us?

: Worse than that, I think. He's a dumb Sith, he'll backstab us three days before he no longer needs us.

: So why are you keeping him around then?

: For better or worse we need him, and it's better the enemy you know than the one you don't.

: Well when the time comes, I'll be ready.

:Thank you Sergeant.

: Welcome to Macula Station, gateway to the Belsavis penal colonies. Feel free to ask me about our correctional facilities.

: Can it, O5. This is a prision not a tourist attraction. Master Jedi-- good to have you aboard. Warden Playt's already okayed your admittance. I take it you're... armed?

: I never go anywhere without my lightsaber.

: Thought so. Normally, I'd confiscate your equipment, but the warden wants you planetside ASAP. Given the situation, I figure he'll want you carrying.

: Tell me what's happening.

: It's bad. Can't say much else. Just take the shuttle and report to the warden immediately. And be careful. It's nasty down there.

On the Surface of Belsavis...

: Looks more like a warzone than a prison, Imps must really have torn the place up.

"SWTOR Codex" posted:

Minimum Security Section

By the standards of any other prison, Belsavis's Minimum Security Section would be considered escape-proof--a tightly controlled, heavily monitored maze of cell blocks, guard towers and work yards. By Belsavis standards, the Minimum Security Section is just what the name implies--the absolute minimum level of security acceptable for holding the worst criminals in the galaxy.

The inmates in the Minimum Security Section consist mainly of murderers, pirates, gangsters and other violent criminals who possess a humanoid physiology and a willingness to communicate (if not cooperate) with prison authorities. Prisoners who require specialized holding facilities are shipped to higher-security areas, but here, inmates are permitted to gather and to work, albeit under strict supervision.

When the Empire inserted its forces onto the planet, it converted the remains of a camp used by early Republic explorers into a fortified lodgment. From there, Imperial forces have made surgical strikes to breach cell blocks and obliterate dividing walls. The Republic has since pulled many of the Belsavis guards and their families to relative safety in the prison's security and administrative centers.

: Let's go find the warden and see what's going on then. Maybe he can give us a lead on the Emperors plot.

I shot the Sherrif

: So--the Jedi finally arrives. Started to think you'd gotten cold feet. I'm Warden Playt.This here's my second-in-command, Graal.

: Now let's get one thing straight: This is my prison. You want to help out, bust a few heads, fine; but you'll do things my way, understand?

: I do things one way--mine.

: You just watch yourself. Endanger my men and I'll punt your sorry butt right off this rock. This facility houses some of the galaxy's most dangerous criminals. Was one of the Republic's best-kept secrets until the Empire caught on.

: Our guards found a sub-space transmitter in one of the prison wards; crude, but functional. Must've taken decades to scrap together.

: Blasted thing led the Imperials right to us, They snuck in, sprang the prisoners and blew open the armories in a single strike.

: I need to know who--or what-- we're dealing with here.

: Only the worst of the worst find themselves in my prison. Use your imagination. Military's already sent a few "elite" detachments our way. Been about as useful as a tauntaun in a sandstorm.

: Last we heard, they'd lost the Deep Prision. Encountered some unknown species in the maximum-security wing; they're getting pummelled.

: Let'em sweat. Our priority is securing this level, and that means stamping out a gang of lunatics calling themselves the Condemmed. They're all second and third generation prisoners--born and raised right here in the prision. Just as twisted as the scum they're descended from.

: Sounds like they got a raw deal.*

: Save your sympathy. They're animals, every last one. Thanks to them, our security fields are down and our access to the armories has been cut off. We're sitting naked here. If we can retake the armories and get those fields back online, we'll be back in business. Then we'll--wait, what's that?

:zaeed:

: Warden! Return fire!

: Seal off the wing! No one get's in or out with my say-so, Kelsa how's the warden?

: Dead, sir. Clean shot to the head. I think that makes you the new warden.

: Ah, I... hadn't thought of that...

: Quit stalling and give us a game plan.

: Sorry this is just... unexpected. The warden was a good man. And only two days away from retirement. Securing this station is our first priority--another ambush like that and we're through. Our security fields should keep the prisoners out. But some Condemned saboteurs trashed the field generator-- the whole network is down.

: Leave it to me, sir. A few tools, a little elbow grease, and i'll have that generator back up in no time.

: That generator could still be crawling with prisoners. I'd feel a lot better knowing someone was watching her back.

: Some people are simply beyond useless.

: Until those fields are up, I need all security personnel defending the station, Afraid that just leaves you.

: Just let me slip into something more blaster resistant.

: The generator isn't far, just keep those lunatics away from Kelsa. Give 'em one for the warden.

: Can't believe they put the generator so far from the nearest patrol station.

:They had an inescapable prison planet with zero successful escapes. They didn't plan for this.

: Always plan for the worst. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if things ever go right.

: That should do it. Throw the switch and cross your fingers.

: Graal, here. Looks like that did it--the security fields just went up. And not a moment too soon. Even better, that boost jump-started the station's internal generators. We're rerouting power to them now.

: We've got a lot more work cut out for us, don't we?

: Afraid so. You did good. And thank you for looking after Kelsa. She's only a junior corrections officer--I'd hate to see anything happen to her. On that note, I just received intel from Republic Command that those Condemmed lunatics have already responded to our shield restoration. They just hit another armory. This one's unique, though--stocked with all kinds of prototype weaponry, including our new magnetar rifles.

: I'm assuming that's a weapon of some kind?

: More or less. The magnetar rifles were specifically designed to disrupt energy shields. The technology's experimental, but effective. Our security fields won't last against one of those things. A single shot takes a while to load up, but it could punch right through our defenses.

: Why would you even carry that kind of weaponry?

: Kept a few on hand after some prisoners got loose and barricaded themselves in their cells. Never thought they might be used against us. I need you to get to that armory and secure those weapons. Those maniacs escape with even one rifle , it's over for us. try not to kill anyone, if you can. There's been enough death already. Bring the rifles back to the station once you've retrieved them Graal out.

: Here, these stun grenades should take the fight out of them.

Later... at the captured Armoury

: This feels wrong.

: Recapturing escaped prisoners is wrong?

: No I mean leaving my enemies alive.

: Tell you what, your Jedi contact isn't far away maybe she can point us in the direction of some obviously evil imperials for us to kill.

: YAY!

:Now we can finally get on with thwarting the Emperor's plans.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 13, 2014