Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#22. Nerd Tournament

Music: Driftveil City

Well, yes. You can't battle with no monsters. That Excadrill would have tore your face off.

what they were!"

Hey maybe he's stopped and listened to them like an adult with an open mind or somethin'!

OH look! I was right, Hugh!

adults are supposed to make?"

Hugh, I—

You really do not retain memories well, do you?

- - -

Choro Notes: Pokémon World Tournament
This is the sort of Battle Frontier-y upgrade. It's not too much attraction wise compared to past Battle Frontiers but it's at least an addition to the Battle Subway. In addition it's got the usual move-related NPC all in one place:

Choro Notes: Move Relearner!

Choro Notes: Move Deleter!

Choro Notes: This guy will tell you what type a monster's Hidden Power will be if it were to learn it.

Choro Notes: This guy will teach the moves Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant or Hydro Cannon to the final stages of the fire-type starters, grass-type starters and water-type starters respectively. The moves are literally just Hyper Beams of the appropriate type.

Choro Notes: On the other end of the spectrum, this guy will teach Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge and Water Pledge to any stage of the appropriate type starters. If two pledge moves are used in the same turn during a double or Triple battle. The power of the second pledge is doubled and the following effects happen for four turns:
-If Fire Pledge is used with Grass Pledge it'll set the ground on fire on the opponent's side. Every turn non-fire-types will take damage as though they were burnt. Rain will extinguish it.
-If Fire Pledge is used with Water Pledge, a rainbow will form and user's team has double the chance of secondary effects happening.
-If Grass Pledge is used with Water Pledge, it'll swamp the opponent's side with mud, halving the opponents' speed.
It's a neat gimmick but I've never really had it come up enough to justify using them. Partially because it requires two starters.

Choro Notes: You get and can spend BP here like at Gear station, mostly Hold-Items and TMs.

Choro Notes: You get the Rocky Helmet here. If the holder is hit by a physical attack the attacker takes damage. I used the hell out of this in Black by sticking it on a Druddigon with Rough Skin.

It's, uh. Aesthetically it looks like some sort of wrestling thing. There's even a gigantic tv screen.

Ain't she purty?"

. . . tads?

Anything?! Yo, I'm attacking Hugh directly.

So what you're saying is there will be several tournaments daily and actually being the champion isn't as big of an accomplishment as one would expect.

what Pokémon battlin' means—is you."

"Haley'd do it. So get on in there, Not-Haley."

up-and-comin' stars!"

Nnngh.

If we're doing this we're gonna do this with style.

OH GEE, I WONDER WHO I'M GONNA END UP FIGHTING THROUGHOUT THIS TOURNAMENT.

HUGH. HUGH YOU TOLD THEM TO PUT THAT IN YOUR INTRO? REALLY?!

This is a tournament. Super serious and I am into this. No talking.

Music: Battle! Vs. Hugh

Hugh I'm going to ruin your pig, that cool? Yep. Totally cool. Cool.

Choro Notes: Of all things, this Simipour is probably the most dangerous thing Hugh has in any of his possible line-ups here. I know, it's shocking.

Choro Notes: Scald is REALLY efficient at this point in the game and it's kind of that sweet spot where Simipour/Simisage/Simisear are actually really good.

Great.

My bird is kind of sort of way cooler than yours in every way. Especially aesthetically!

Why.

You taunted the beartrap and the beartrap snapped!

Hugh, have you noticed you only ever say the same three things?

Maybe it's because I'm not constantly crying or assaulting people in front of them?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

I battled as a Gym Leader."
"You, you're not gonna repeat what happened last time we fought, are you?"

"I pray, in fact."

Music: Battle! Unova Gym Leader

I thought you said you had things that weren't all normal-types.

A vulture that employs flattery is such a wonderful concept, I'm glad that it exists.

poo poo.

. . . Oh.

Oh.

Choro Notes: As a thing I should have mentioned sooner: PWT matches are done Battle Tower/Subway style. That is, you don't get EXP and they're all done in the Set style. No free switches!

That's . . . quite the arm you have there.

Heh, you're gonna be brushin embers outta that fur for days.

"You didn't strangle any of your Pokémon this time! I'm so glad!"

. . . you're making me feel weird. You . . . you all don't like, talk to yours? Jawnie what's this buster talkin' about?

Sure, why not.

- - -

I seek.
just as it has always been."

Yo Jawnie he's usin' a lotta words like potential and ideal and latent. Let's kick his poo poo in.

Music: Battle! PWT Finals

You know . . . really I think Caldra can keep on doing her thing.

Great. Sure.

God I wish you guys were getting experience for this.

The gently caress?

You have gears. You used Magnets, a space alien and gears. You're a real muscle man, ain't ya?

You both have teeth, but Jawnie's are sharper.

Yeah. And yours must be happy . . . being made of metal and stuff.

See you in the next tournament!"

- - -

This isn't Points. You said Points. This is Point.

an' show their stuff!"

We did. Like an hour ago. Nice of you to join us, Roxie.

audience right outta their seats!"

everybody's level of skill!"
a heap of money!"
. . . I feel used.

to improve their skills."

Choro Notes: There is more stuff I'll show at the PWT later on. Much later/

quote:

Driftveil Mightiest - A Medal to prove victory in the Driftveil Tournament in the PWT.
Supereffective Savant - A Medal for Trainers who saw through many foes' weak points and battled to their best advantage.

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 21, 2014