Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 2: A PLAN THAT IS GUARANTEED TO NOT GO HORRIBLY WRONG

Previously posted:

Seeking allies for the war against the evil SITH EMPIRE, JOLUNE MOL'NEUX travelled to the ice planet of HOTH and spoke with an ancient RAKATA hologram. It told her of a great and terrible army, the ESH-KHA, that had been imprisoned on a far distant world...

But, my senate clearance got us some answers. It's a world called “Belsavis”.

And the Esh-kha won't be lonely. The Republic's using Belsavis as a high-security prison.

I wonder if those prisoners realize there's an entire army under their feet.

That's not what worries me, Jedi; those things were locked up for a reason.

Maybe the Esh-kha who opposed this “galactic cleansing” can persuade the others.

All right. This seems awfully dangerous, but I believe in you.

I agree... Seetoo! ...Seetoo?

You rang, m'lady?

:psyduck:

I am attempting to dress and behave in a manner more appropriate for a dipolomatic attache.

Have you been playing with electromagnets again?

Oh ho ho ho. Most amusing. Now, I have anticipated your imminent request and set course for the charming planet of Belsavis. Also, a moustachioed gentleman has been attempting to call the ship for some time now. Of course, I have been blocking his calls because... moustaches. Bleh. But I thought you should know.

Moustache? ...Oh!

LATER...

...so that's everything. I'm worried they'll be split up because of the whole “no hugging” issue the Order has.

It's not an “issue”. We're not droids, Q.

No, you just act like them... Come on, you owe me this. I lost precious facial hair because of Jedi ideals.

But there are prohibitions on Jedi getting overly attached for good reasons! We're in a war with about ten billion of them.

Trick's not about to become the next Grand Master, he just needs someone he trusts nearby to help him through the tough stuff. It'd mean the galaxy to Alilia, plus a fair bit to me.

Well... Alright. I should be able to get her formally assigned as Trick's carer. That'll keep them together until he's healed.

Thanks! I owe you now... Also a... er... friend of mine recently recruited a runaway Padawan for his crew. Is there anything he needs to watch out for? You know, Dark Side stuff?

Excessive use of the words “power”, “crush”, “revenge” and “fools”. And black eyeliner. And, as employing rogue Padawans is a serious crime, your “friend” really shouldn't be talking to any Jedi Masters about this.

Gotcha. I'll tell him that.

...Take care of yourself, Quinine. Things are getting rough out there.

Hey, I laugh in the face of danger. Or at the back of danger at least. See ya, Jedi girl.

*bzzt*

:sigh:

Jedi, a word?

If you want to talk, I'm always happy to listen.

You are a rare comfort in difficult times.

I'm not going to sleep with you though.

I didn't say anything about that!

I know how your mind works.

Ugh. I just spoke to Maven Wedder, head of the Lumenatus Club. The symposium's coming up very soon. He said he's heard rumors about my Vandrayk Generator. Everyone's very... excited.

I've nearly finished the generator, but Shorjin Challas was right. When I turn it on, its core will be destroyed. The core is irreplaceable. Meaning, I have no way to test the generator before the symposium. Jedi, to be truly accepted by the scientific community's elite... I can't lose when I'm so close.

C'mere you. You're going to win that symposium, and be written about in scientific journals from here to Geonosis.

My dear Jedi, I can always count on your words of wisdom.

Body, mind are renewed. New skin and muscle grow. Was all earned in pain. But am strong enough now to hunt for rest of my life.

You sound like an old man sometimes, Qyzen. I must admit, I'm not sure what the average Trandoshan's lifespan is.

Average? I passed thirty-second year; to live past fifty is rare thing. I am not Jedi, to go on and on forever.

:smith:

You have been... good example, Herald. I push harder, train harder to match.

Lots of companions have short conversations like this, where it's suggested that they've gotten stronger somehow. I'm pretty sure it doesn't make the slightest difference to their stats or skillset. They're probably an artefact of development, presumably tying companion affection to their combat ability in some way.

Group of Balmorran resistance fighters were on a mission to Nar Shaddaa. Never left. They have copies of the journals.

Gray Star probably wanted to protect his ideas.

In case what happened, happened. Plausible. These men lost contact with us. Happens sometimes. They don't know Gray Star's gone, or anything else.

Despite living on the hub of galactic communications.

:catstare: Their leader is Kaylan Jase. One of my trainees, once. I should go to Nar Shaddaa, tell him the news myself.

Plus, I can pick up the journals. Efficient.

You're all heart, Zenith.

Yes, I am. Won't be gone long. Pick up a shuttle to Nar Shaddaa, meet Jase, bring the journals back. Simple. Will you be safe on Belsavis?

Probably not, but I'm sure the others will keep me out of trouble.

SEVERAL THOUSAND PARSECS LATER...

We're almost there.

Mm.

Scary how time flies when your mind's on other things.

Being around a fetching hologram must be distracting indeed.

Oh my!

Booo!

Meantime, I was hoping to get better acquainted with... the ship. It's got a lot of potential. A little mystery, too. I'm curious.

...All Padawans know curiosity can lead to disaster.

Yeah, that conversation was what you thought it was. Felix is the romance option for lady Consulars, and Jolune just shot him down because Kissing Leads To The Dark Side. Despite being refreshingly non-creepy and having no weird power dynamic issues going on, the Felix romance is just kinda boring.

[VIDEO: Belsavis Blues]

It's all right, Nadia. Belsavis is their prison; they make the rules.

So, if the Noetikons are right, this is where the Esh-kha, our “sleeping army”, was shut away.

For their crimes against other races! Jedi, please be certain about this.

I'll begin with the Esh-kha who opposed the genocide. Perhaps they can persuade the others.

Still seems risky.

I'm aware that “pop the ancient evil out of its can and point it at our enemies” is the sort of harebrained scheme the Sith usually come up with. And I know that it never works out for them. But the Empire's winning this war, and we don't have any non-insane plans left.

By these coordinates, the Republic prison is practically on top of the Rakata facility.

But the Republic does know this planet. Perhaps someone could point us in the right direction.

The Republic might get unreasonable about ancient alien warriors right under their feet.

The firebomb-the-planet-from-orbit sort of unreasonable.

It doesn't come across well in the screenshots, but Komi's having multiple conversations at once here.

We're dealing with a major breakout and rioting. Senate clearance or not, we can't help you.

I'm a Jedi Master, and I'm seeking something left behind on Belsavis, maybe centuries ago.

But we don't really have--are you talking about the vaults? The prison started out maintaining the old vaults on the surface. When the Empire began blowing doors open, the riots started.

For an organisation so focused on order, the Empire certainly does enjoy creating chaos.

Is Commander Geland there with you?

Right now, Commander Geland is--oh, blast! The locator towers are still down. Those locators track our ID cards, but they shut down after the first power cut. I can't find the commander until they're reset. And the prisoners around those towers are killing anyone who tries to fix them.

Maybe I can restore some order down there.

We'd appreciate it. Random Jedi are apparently Belsavis' last hope. When you reach the towers, you just flip a switch.

NEXT TIME: Jailhouse rocked.

BONUS SPACE EMAILS:

L. Dask posted:

Master Jedi,

It has come to my attention that the fugitive and pirate known as Captain Valon has finally been apprehended, and that you were directly instrumental in his capture.

My son, Sergeant Marren Dask volunteered to join the Rift Alliance coalition and was killed in action against Valon's forces. Though nothing can heal the loss of my son, the knowledge that his killer will be imprisoned for life is a great comfort to me.

As CEO of Belazura Sensor Technologies, I have made arrangements to donate a portion of my salary annually to the Jedi Order. May you continue to bring justice to those who cannot find it themselves, whatever their resources.

--L. Dask

Inferior fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 16, 2014