Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#23. Of Course It's a Pirate Ship

"One of you, not screaming at their Pokémon. The other crying slightly, slightly less."

What.

Hugh.

Yeah, that.

something so dangerous!"
might be with them!"

. . . I, I dunno. He just does that.

"I am not showing up in the papers as the gym leader that let a kid get beaten to death by pirates."

Well then.

Yo check it out. This one? Breathes fire. This one? electrified jaws. These things can do some crazy poo poo.

they trust their partner Pokémon."
Hey look, I can either stay here and listen to you weird out or go help out Cheren. Only Cheren.

Man, did you guys just board that thing?

. . . Cheren.

Team Plasma are exactly the sort of people who decided they wanted to be pirates enough that they'd invest in a pirate ship. Aren't they?

YES, HUGH. IT IS A PIRATE SHIP.

HUGH, YOU ARE NOT HELPING.

Music: Battle! Team Plasma (Black2/White2 Ver.)

No I doubt them every step of the way. Cripes, of course I do what type of nut—

Oh this is too good.

Choro Notes: Magmar is deceptively quick. Base 94 speed isn't bad and it's got nice offensive stats to back it up. Ironically, Magmar actually becomes SLOWER if it evolves into Magmortar, but its attack stats more than make up for it.

Why do people keep saying that?!

Yo.

Hey yeah let the ragemaster over there get his— oh they're hitting him pretty hard. Eh.

Choro Notes: Punishment is a physical Dark-type move that gets boosted in power the more stat buffs the target has.

Man I didn't even do anything! He did all the work! What the hell is that supposed to mean you're DEAD.

Nah, he's got it.

five years back?"
Hugh, I— Let's just do this.

. . . oh.

Are we done, Hugh? Let's get off this drat boat.

Hugh they have no idea what you're talking about.

Well can you ask them with more direct questions? I got a bad feeling.

Music: Zinzolin

Hmm?

and we will rule the Unova region!"
Oh for the love of— ENOUGH WITH THE LEGENDARY DRAGONS THING.

Ok that. THAT is the bad feeling.

Hey I—

Nngh. . .

They didn't vanish they set sail while we were out. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

THEY DON'T HAVE SUPERHUMAN POWERS. THEY KNOCKED US OUT AND LEFT.

" . . . aren't in Unova anymore. "

Hey should I see a doctor or something about that blow to the head? I notice you're not. Are we good?

- - -

Choro Notes: On the West side of the PWT is one more thing:

Choro Notes: This leads into the Relic Passage. We went into the southern entrance of the Relic Passage from the sewers in Castelia City.

Choro Notes: Among some L.30-ish wild monsters, if you move all of boulders out of the way you can get here:

Music: Relic Castle

Choro Notes: The entrance is blocked by sand as we saw when we went through Desert Resort, but you can still access the lower levels via the Relic Passage.

Choro Notes: Not only that, but you can access it before the endgame unlike Black/White.

Choro Notes: Which, of course, means . . .

Choro Notes: Yeah, you can totally just get Volcarona now, if you want.

Choro Notes: Volcarona is only half the level it was in Black/White, however.

Choro Notes: I'm going to KO Volcarona for now. For reasons. You'll see.

Choro Notes: As another aside, only Baltoy appear in Volcarona's chamber. In Black/White only Claydol, their evolved form, appeared.

- - -

Choro Notes: The other use for Relic Passage is the dust clouds. You get shards from them here.

Choro Notes: There's also a hidden chamber behind a strength boulder. If you were to jump down the ledges here it would take you back to the sewers.

Choro Notes: In case you wanted a second Rocky Helmet! Hey guess what I'm going to do with all these shards you're not seeing me get:

Yeah, that'll do.