Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 3: WELCOME TO BELSAVIS

Previously posted:

JOLUNE MOL'NEUX has travelled to the prison world of BELSAVIS in search of the sleeping army of the ESH-KHA. Her only lead is COMMANDER GELAND, a missing warden who had researched the planet's mysterious ancient vaults...

Why me?

You're career military so I thought you'd be best suited considering we're in a military installation...

A prison ain't the same thing as an army base.

...and also I felt you deserved to see a planet that wasn't Hoth.

So, instead of a totally frozen world, it's just a mostly frozen world. Full of the worst psychopaths in the galaxy.

Hey, you knew the breaks when you joined the diplomatic corps.

And here was me thinking it was going to be all embassy small talk and finger food buffets.

Worse, I've got civilians hiding in the prisoner intake yard. If the convicts find them, it'll be a massacre.

This is a prison. Where did the civilians come from?

Most of the guards bring their families with them. It's good for morale, but now they're in danger.

Problem is there's an army of bloodthirsty convicts between the transport and the guard's families.

I'll clear the prisoners out of the area.

I knew I could count on you. Just be careful--they aren't showing anyone mercy.

Honestly, I wouldn't send a womp rat on this suicide run... but I'm out of options. Can you do it?

The Force protects us, and I am its servant.

I'm going to take that as a “yes”. Thanks. With you on the job, I can concentrate on bringing other areas under control.

This place is in a bad way.

No argument here. So, how are we going to get to the intake yard?

Ah, I've planned ahead. Spent some discretionary funds on a diplomatic transport.

Aw, yeah!

Well, this isn't ostentatious at all.

Let's go!

Woah!

OK, can the guy with eyes drive now?

I know what I'm doing, Felix.

There's the armored transport.

On fire and covered in holes. Man, why does Command always go with the lowest bidder for these things?

You've got to explain to me how that works sometime.

I just generate pressure waves in the ground. The vibrations affect anyone above.

You vibrate people to death?

Are you building to a punchline here, Felix?

I'm trying to... No, I've got nothing.

Why haven't they just flown away on that shuttle yet?

...Maybe the prisoners have AA weaponry?

Sounds... plausible.

Offworld? My husband's out there! Please! You've got to tell us what's happening!

Things aren't good. The prisoners have taken over, and we can't let them find you.

I--okay. Thank you. That's not what I wanted to hear, but I can deal with it.

Good luck to you. And your husband.

All right, here's the first locator tower Komi wanted us to activate.

No wonder the prisoners shut these things down if all it takes is flipping a switch.

Lowest bidder. That's all I'm saying.

Your name is Toady?

It's short for Toadfi--aaaaarrghgkjh!

That's the second.

And that's the last of them.

*mipmip mipmip*

The board just lit up! We can track our teams, control the perimeter--everything! Thank you.

You're most welcome.

Let me see, Commander Geland is... here, with his team in one of the cells. He can tell you about the vaults, or whatever you need.

This seems an odd time to be wandering around the cells.

The log says he's investigating how the Empire breached our security.

With a huge pile of explosives?

They probably had some sort of plan.

The Empire? I wouldn't bet on it.

I'll put a holocall through to that cell, so Commander Geland knows you're coming.

Are we allowed to be driving through--

Hey, if I hit this fast enough I think I can make us jump!

Never mind.

I'm seeing a lot of bodies. And a lot of droids.

That is one big angry robot!

Colicoid tech. Been seeing plenty of them on the front lately.

:ohdear:

Ahh! Get it off, get it off!

The Annihilator droid's gimmick is reeling in the player with its cables and then triggering a series of AoE blasts centred on itself. If you're a squishy healer like Jolune then you need to retreat quickly when it does this, or your HP will evaporate. Tanks like Felix can shrug it off.

I think we solved the mystery of how the Empire busted in here.

There's something there...

[The ID card reads “Commander S. Geland, Republic Security.”]

How can you tell?

...Force Sight?

Sounds... plausible.

[VIDEO: Identity Crisis]

Don't move. Don't say anything.

*BLAM*

Now he can't see us. I ran all the way here. I couldn't risk Commander Geland getting you, too.

Back up a sec. What's going on here?

Then he... killed everyone. With some sort of lightning. All I could do was watch.

I guess we tipped off a Child of the Emperor.

And if that's his ID card, there's no way to track him down.

Any idea what he wants? Or where he would go?

I don't know! The last few days have been a nightmare, now this.

He said the computer had data about Belsavis. He wanted to go back and study it.

I sense possibilities here.

The vault isn't far, but since the alien population broke out, it's a war zone. But if you can reach it, that computer probably has whatever you're looking for. And then you can punish Commander Geland, right?

I'll make my judgement once I find him.

I should see to the... the bodies. I can't let their IDs fall into enemy hands. Best of luck, Jedi.

NEXT TIME: The brave little toaster.