Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 8: THE KING UNDER THE MOUNTAIN

Previously posted:

Our heroes race to rescue the NICE ESH-KHA from the evil COMMANDER GELAND, who hopes to stop the REPUBLIC forming a new alliance...

We have to get to the other stasis chambers, before Geland can purge them too!

Who thought it was a good idea to give a Child of the Emperor the keys to the entire planet?

That droid's seriously old—maybe it'll be running low on juice?

Goddamn reliable batteries!

These Esh-kha might know where Hallow Voice is.

Nice of them to help out when that big robot was kicking us around.

:argh:

Stand down. I echo Hallow Voice, as he echoed Broken Scar.

So our blood runs as one. I'm Hidden Blade. Our darkness opened and we stepped out into metal and rage.

The horror of those chambers is... a black chasm. Generations awake, moments squirming over you.

:gonk:

You spent thousands of years looking at a wall? Bruhh.

If you echo Hallow Voice, we await your words.

Find more of Hallow Voice's followers, and get them out of stasis.

We will turn their night to day.

They have words I am empty of, perhaps more echoes of Hallow Voice.

So these warriors are senior to you?

Our caste is one. But some are great fortresses, who guard and call to us.

Confirmation there that the Esh-kha were indeed conscious and awake for the twenty thousand years or so since the Rakata imprisoned them. And yet they haven't all gone screamingly insane, even the evil ones are fairly lucid when you talk to them. Maybe they've all just got really good imaginations. :shrug:

After all they've been through, I don't know if I'm going to be able to ask the Esh-kha to go to war for us.

Tell them what's been happening while they've been gone...

That could take some time.

...and let them make up their own minds. It's better than what they'd get from Geland.

As long as they don't decide to sign up with the Empire anyway.

Let's get these pods shut down.

:black101:

I echo Hallow Voice, as he echoed Broken Scar. It's alright.

I am Red Walker.

I think there's a sportscaster on GNN with the exact same name.

Sshh!

You echo, but are empty of Hallow Voice's scent. The blackness must still shroud him. His bonds cannot be cut yet. If this place is strewn with thorns like these, they must be blunted.

If we wait any longer, it may be too late to save Hallow Voice.

You hear blades in the dark?

Here. His blackness writhes here. I place Hallow Voice's light in your hands.

I'll “blunt the thorns” as you would and guard Hallow Voice.

Then go well and safely.

*bzzt*

Jedi, this is Lhunu.. I heard the Esh-kha speak. Commander Geland and his forces are approaching that position. I do not know what they intend.

Perhaps they want to greet Hallow Voice with a hearty handshake? Present him with a fruit basket? Invite him to the Belsavis Amateur Dramatics Society's production of “Seven Bruvians for Seven Other Bruvians”?

Those are all unlikely to occur. I can stall them but not for long.

A RACE AGAINST TIME!

Hey, it's been a while since we had one of these so let's have another...

New Power Roundup!

1. Rescue: This is a support power, it lets you Force Pull allies to your position whilst halving their Threat level. Useful for pulling stunned party members out of the way of big boss monster's huge AoE attacks. Also useful for “accidentally” dragging your friends off cliffs. :ssh:
2. Salvation: Climbing to the very top of the Jedi Sage's Healing skill tree gets you this. It heals up to 8 allies in a radius around you for ~2000HP over ten seconds, and doesn't need to be channeled. Hands down the most powerful AoE healing ability in the game, but also very costly and slow to cast. Good use of Salvation is critical in a lot of high level PvE content, but it's a liability in PvP due to the very obvious and long “I am casting Salvation now, please kill me quickly” animation you display.

You can tell we're nearing the endgame by the fact that both of these powers are fairly useless for singleplayer.

This is it!

I'm guessing we want to be where all that lightning is.

I think we've found our man.

:nyd:

I warned you. She's an agent for the Rakata! Will you stand there while she murders Hallow Voice?

You're making a mistake. Commander Geland speaks only lies.

Get back here, Commander Guyliner--!

*SLAM*

We're not your enemies!

:sigh:

This isn't going to look good at the negotiating table.

Hallow Voice'll probably forgive you, assuming he doesn't get killed in the next five minutes.

Speaking of which, how are we going to get through this door?

I think I'll try knocking.

[VIDEO: The Voice]

Hmm.

Smash!

*WHAM!*

*WHAMMM!*

*WHAMMMMMMO!*

Guess who!

I'll be the one who takes your head. Not the others. The First Son will see what Belsavis can do!

At least give me the First Son's name before I die.

You're an insect in the machine; you don't get last requests.

Not even a little bit of monologuing? No?

Set emergency condition 292. Respond with lethal force.

Where does he get all of those from?

This fight is really hard you guys! Geland's an Elite and the two droids are Strong enemies and they all swarm you the instant the conversation ends. Or, in my case, they all swarmed Felix cause he was tanking, which is why he is now KO'd. Again. He isn't having much luck with Children boss fights.

Easiest strategy for me was to Force Lift Geland as soon as the fight starts, and then take out the droids one by one. I have no idea how you'd do this without dying repeatedly if you were playing a Jedi Shadow, as they don't get any crowd control powers like Force Lift.

Alone Geland is still pretty tough, but manageable. He has a hell of a lot of HP, but that's par for the course now we're in Act 3.

Two down, but how many to go?

Uurgh... my head.

Hmm...The stasis pod! Geland was--

*thump*

:ohdear:

Come on, Hallow Voice, if you die--

!!!

But your face speaks to me. I am Hallow Voice, and you have been my echo.

How can you know me if you've been imprisoned?

The blackness painted your coming, in Rakata colors.

I greet you both. I took the liberty of streaming data to his chamber, Jedi, informing him of your actions.

Ah. Um... I'm sorry about killing all those Esh-kha?

They were blinded by shadow. Eyes opened by death. Your actions were not wrong.

One matter remains. I have found stasis chambers holding hundreds of Esh-kha warriors, deeper in the tomb. I regret this, but... we must ensure only Hallow Voice's followers ever leave Belsavis.

:mad:

Catch your storm. I will see where this Jedi's footsteps lead.

The Rakata destroyed or enslaved other species rather than coexisting. And the consequences surround us.

You are foolish, but compassionate. I will transmit this to the Esh-kha stasis chambers and show them your forgiveness.

It's worth a shot, I suppose.

I thank you, Jedi, for everything. But I must go--my work is unfinished.

As we're filming stuff for Rakata TV, I have a suggestion. A reconciliation between you and Hallow Voice would send a powerful message.

You speak wisely. Perhaps today, we can begin anew.

May this wave break these walls, and carry all our brothers home.

Goodbye, to all of you. Your path lies ahead.

Goodbye, Lhunu.

ANOTHER GALACTIC EVENTS UPDATE LATER...

I would silence this Empire's disharmony. But we are a scream, not a whisper. Your Republic may be drowned by us.

Someone who fears his own strength can be trusted to use it wisely.

Your words ring clear. But you must be a mirror for us. “Jedi” is not loud enough. Your name must shout...

THE MOST IMPORTANT VOTE!

What is Jolune's new Esh-kha name?

a. SKY HUNTER!
b. EMBER FIST!
c. SILENT TEETH!

Voting closes in 72 hours!

NEXT TIME: A diplomatic incident.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Hallow Voice posted:

The Esh-kha patriarch Hallow Voice is an enigma among his own people. He was born while the previous Esh-kha patriarch was still strong and healthy–an unprecedented event. Later, he earned his name by eloquently expressing strange new ideas. Hallow Voice claimed the Esh-kha should find a way to coexist with other species instead of wiping them out. The other Esh-kha were flummoxed by this. Eventually, it was agreed by everyone–Hallow Voice included–that he should take a small group away from the main Esh-kha force to try out his theories.

Soon after, the Rakata Infinite Empire attacked the Esh-kha to stop their marauding, which had claimed many of the Rakata slave worlds. Hallow Voice appealed to the Rakata to spare his people. The Rakata strung out negotiations until they were confident they had the Esh-kha contained, then captured Hallow Voice. Millennia of imprisonment on Belsavis have not made him bitter; rather, Hallow Voice is more devoted than ever to a spirit of cooperation and to calming the murderous instincts of his cousin Esh-kha.