Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Belsavis Episode 4: Breaking the Jail

Back at the Republic Murder station Fortress of JusticeCommand post

: Senator Tudos told me you diffused (Sic) the bomb. Not a moment too soon and I see you brought back the stolen power cores. I'll have our engineers start modifying the warden droids immediately.

: The Rattataki still have the run of the wing, but at least we've contained them... for now.

: We need to talk about Project Noble Focus. You have one hell of a lot of explaining to do.

: There'll be time enough for that once the Rattataki have been dealt with. Focus on the crisis at hand for now.

: Our satellites have picked up a large number of Rattataki in the Neimodian compound. Up to their usual antics.

: And here I was hoping it was just a social call.

: The satellite images we've seen are pretty grisly. Far as we can tell, they're butchering the Neimoidians.

: Don't the Rattataki ever sleep?

: Apparently not. It's been a steady stream of mayhem since they escaped. We've confirmed that Sulkhaz the Blood of Talath's ringleader is personally overseeing this latest massacre.

: He's everything you could want in a fanatical leader: loud, ruthless, and utterly demented.

: Eliminating Sulkhaz will take the fight out of the Rattataki, show them who's in charge. You've got to get down there and stop him.

: When I get back, we're going to have a little chat about this project of yours.

: Fine, fine. Just get it done.

r: Expect a bloody fight. Sulkhaz rarely does anything without someone dying.

: Make sure it's not you.

: Strange I don't see any Nemodians... guess the Talath goons have been busy.

: That stench. Almost as bad as the Nemodians. And your face... disgusting. I will cut it off.

: Seriously? That's the best you can do? I've been threatened by children scarier than you.

: You laugh now. You will scream later. Your body will be discarded with the rest of the Nemoidian filth. Your head I keep. And the lizards... they shall eat well tonight.

: I'd tell you to call me back when you have a better class of insults but you know, it's hard calling anyone with a lightsaber through your throat.

: RAAAAAGGGH!

: ...Why are the crazy ones always the best fighters.

: Sir, while we're here we should probably activate the scanning computer to track down our sith friends.

: Now where's the next one?

: A small Republic base overrun by Imperials

: And the last one?

: A Republic outpost that command lost touch with twenty-four hours ago.

:Right let's go. Be prepared for anything, it could be Sith, wild animals, imperial commandos, criminals <several minutes later> an alien invasion force.

: Umm, hi?

:What's the situation soldier?

: Situation?

: Why is the scanner switched off?

: Oh. that. Captain said just because there was a prison riot was no excuse to ignore our monthly maintenance test.

: So how many particular parts do you need that have been eaten by the local critters, stolen by the prisoners', or shipped by mistake to somewhere else on the planet to get it working again?

: Err none? I can just get Frank to flip the switch when he comes back from his coffee break. HEY FRANK SOME GAL FROM COMMAND WANTS THE SCANNERS BACK ON. And there you go everything running at 98% efficiency.

: This feels oddly wrong somehow...

*BEEP*

: Pak, I fixed all the monitoring stations. Locate Doctor Gantrell.

: On it. Scanning now. Found his tracking signal. He and his team are in an underground containment vault. Sending you the coordinates now. I hope you get there before Krannus.

Later at a super secret vault where the Republic was almost certainly doing something unethical...

:You're fast, but not fast enough. Executor Krannus is gone.

: Another suicidal enemy soldier.

: You blessed Colonel Hareth with a glorious death. We're grateful.

: If you're looking for death, I'm happy to oblige.

: You mock what you do not understand. Like the Emperor, we draw power from the suffering and death of others.

:commissar:

These scientists are not hostages--they are fuel to feed us as we strike you down!

: If you hadn't come here.. We owe you our lives.

*BEEP*

: That was amazing! Outnumbered, outgunned--but those Imperials never stood a chance!

: Pak? how did you see that?

: Saw the whole fight on the security holo. Pretty incredible, and I've seen some good fights.

: Just wait until I get my hands on Krannus--then you'll see something really impressive.

: Krannus is what the Imperials called their leader. He took Doctor Gantrell.

: Took him? His tracking chip says he's right there.

: The Sith carved it right out of the Doctor's skin and threw it in the corner--he screamed the whole time.

: I would've done the same thing if I didn't want my prisoner tracked.

: Removing prisoner-tracking chips is standard operating procedure. I usually give them something for the pain.

: You have to find Doctor Gantrell. Our project is too important to fall into enemy hands!

: I think you'd better tell me what your team's been up to.

: We're studying unknown alien technology in the prison's lower levels. The power core alone is astonishingly complex.

: I thought the Republic built this prison complex.

: No, only the upper levels. The rest was built thousands of years ago. We stumbled across it by accident and claimed it for ourselves. There are still sealed containment vaults we haven't even opened yet. We've only just started examining the power core, but the energy it produces seems almost limitless.

: If Krannus gets to that power core, what's the worst he could do?

: If the core was breached, the resulting blast would rip Belsavis apart. But the Imperials would be killed, too!

: All we have to do is find Krannus before he gets that key from the research vault.

: Wait-there's more. Our team created a number of advanced warfare prototypes by combining Republic and alien technology. When the Empire attacked, we hid the weapons in one of the vaults near the Republic settlement. If the prisoners find them...

: The only thing I care about is stopping Krannus.

: It's hard enough putting down this riot. If the prisoners have advanced weaponary, thousands could die!

: A secondary objective isn't advisable. We should stick with our primary mission.

: You're a jedi--you can't turn your back on this!

:Fine! But when the planet blows up, don't blame me.

: You can secure the prototypes and still catch up with Krannus. I know it.

A long hike back to the Republic concentration camp wannabe Alcatraz Command Centre later...

: Just one last thing to settle up before we secure those weapons and go after Krannus. I don't want to leave this dangling

: It's done Sulkhaz fell in battle.

: There, you see, Graal? Problem solved.

: You created that murdering slime, Senator. Far as I'm concerned, you're the problem.

: You remember the warden. Afraid he doesn't much care for our little project.

:: Your "little project" jeopardized the entire prison and violated countless ethics laws. You should be put away.

: I thought the project was classified. How'd you find out about it?

: A few prisoners escaped and found their way here. Were scared half to death, rambling on about secret experiments and war games.

: Spare me the show. The Republic has poured countless resources into containing these degenerates. It's high time we got something in return.

: And we have. Project Noble Focus hs given us a world of insight into the different species' strengths and limitations. Just think, entire campaigns planned with each species' capabilities in mind. Our wartime efficiency will skyrocket.

: That doesn't give you the right to experiment on prisoners.

: What's right and what's necessary are rarely one and the same.

: Whatever your feelings, this project--and our involvement in it needs to remain classified.

: Think of the backlash if this gets out. Every planet in the Republic will be up in arms. Entire systems could secede over this, surely a few dead convicts aren't worth all that?

: A few dead convicts, the scum of the galaxy you say? They don't deserve our help... I've heard that one before. But I'm not powerless to prevent it this time... You broke the law Senator, maybe you'll think differently from inside a prison cell.

: That's right. It might get ugly, but the Republic needs to hear about this. I expect to see you back here real soon, Senator.

: Hmph. We'll see.

: That settles that. Now to bigger concerns. We've got trouble in the maximum security wing. General Skylast says some unidentified species is tearing through his men. The Deep Prison is where the true horrors of Belsavis lie. If Skylast can't stop them, all this will have been for nothing. Help him.

End Recording.