Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 13: THE ACCUSING SWAMP

Previously posted:

VENEB DRASSK, an ambitious Trandoshan politician, has been murdering his rivals using Wookiee mercenaries. Now, QYZEN FESS and JOLUNE MOL'NEUX travel to the gloomy world of TARIS to expose VENEB's crimes...

Ah, Taris. We were so young back then.

You still young.

I bought my first speeder here. Fought my first rakghoul. Got drunk for the first time.

Then burned down first cantina.

That wasn't me!

Called self Goddess of Fire. Drank many flaming drinks.

Definitely not me.

Juggled torches to win bet. Tripped and set light to rye barrels. Explosion almost destroy starport.

Nope. No idea what you're talking about.

Yes, Herald.

...Never tell Nadia this story.

Keep an eye out for Imperial patrols. We'll be in trouble if they find us.

There...

Hey, y--aaaarghgghg!!!

ksssshhhh

Get off! Get it off!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

...Taris much like I remembered.

Wow. Thanks, rakghouls.

Thakghouls.

Makes you wonder what the point of it all was though.

Herald?

We tried so hard to help Governor Saresh build the colony, and the Sith just blew it all away.

They will pay.

But Mort said the Republic had been doing something terrible here. Does that mean the Empire was right?

Ugh. I forgot how much I hate this place.

Is he the one?

Yes. Expect a trap.

I will fetch Veneb. Mind manners before Clan Speaker-to-be.

Identical quadruplets?!

Perhaps is Veneb family.

So, this is hunter who thinks himself wise. You interfere with Clan Speaker's becoming, Qyzen.

Is no interference, Veneb Drassk. I issue ghrajath for justice.

I'd worry less about wasted time, and more about what the Trandoshan Elders will make of what you've done. And don't call me soft.

Have “done” nothing but train clan!

You killed hunters for Clan Speaker position, Veneb. Young hunter, Lek Svaal, is witness.

Killed? Haha! Taken blow to head, Qyzen? Words of tiny, glory-seeking hunter mean nothing. You only have tiny hunter's word, yet you issue ghrajath. Would Clan Speaker-to-be work with Wookiee?

So this is all a lie, but somehow you know a Wookiee was involved?

*sad trombone*

You need a better class of nemesis, Qyzen.

Feel embarrassed on behalf of all Trandoshans.

S-silence!

But Veneb, this is Jedi. Can we ignore?

What do you say? Turning back on Scorekeeper is becoming empty thing, lost!

You serve Scorekeeper, Qyzen. But she gives never, only demands. I teach my clan: we serve ourselves, we gain.

“Serving yourself” has got dozens of Trandoshans killed, and risked countless more.

Lies poison your clan, Veneb. More sicken if you rise to Clan Speaker. Will not allow!

You not allow? Who are you? Ragged hunter, who knows nothing past beasts and blades!

I'd just like to say that the preceding conversation is one of the worst scenes in this game. Four aliens who look and sound exactly alike gargling at each other for five minutes of Hulk-Speak. It is also weirdly cut so that no one appears to be looking at each other in the close-up shots.

The fight isn't remotely challenging. Veneb's a chump and so are his followers.

Who's the soft thing now, Veneb?

Still you.

Well... yeah.

Dead are dead, Brek! What of us? Would be glory as Veneb's clan--now lost!

Veneb was a deceiver and murderer. Following him would only have led you down a dark path.

Qyzen, was... was great skill you show. Please; what clan is yours?

No clan. I travel with Scorekeeper's Herald.

We're more like an anarcho-syndicalist commune than a clan.

None? But... you I would follow. To learn.

To follow... me? No! I am hunter, no clan leader.

I'd think you'd make an excellent clan leader. I have a Professor, a Senator, an Ambassador and a Felix. I need a Clan Leader to complete the set.

You teach and guide, Herald, not I. Is not for me to lead.

Think. You could teach them to hunt honorably, to serve the Scorekeeper.

Very well. If any wish to learn, I no turn away. I serve Scorekeeper's Herald, but lead from afar.

Remember, they've just lost their leader. You need to restore their spirits.

... I... er...

Try this: ”Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking...”

:catstare: ...Will...will be hard path. But as lessons say, prey you lose today is nothing, when is greater prey tomorrow.

We do, honored Qyzen.

I will stay; tell others of clan of happenings. When all are told, I obey.

You got it, Qyzen. Let's get out of here.

*VWOOOOSH!*

Lek Svaal told of Veneb's treachery and murder. I thank you, for everything. But, suddenly having clan to lead? I never, ever sought, Herald, and is all at once.

Don't worry. You're intelligent, capable and devout, exactly the role model they need.

Must have patience. Stalk ignorance, step by step--both clan's and mine.

If you ever want advice, I'll be here.

Is great comfort to have Scorekeeper's Herald at my shoulder. Will be useful when I teach them about fire.

I only burned down ONE CANTINA, Qyzen.

But did it so well.

Felix! You're back! Did you find your friend?

Milo was trying to talk to me, but he couldn't get the words out. He kept using other languages. Equations, even. Like his mind was shattered.

Regrettably, I have experience in this area. I have known, and been punched by, a lot of crazies in my time.

I tried asking him about when we were captured, if he knew anything.

Thing is... Milo said the doctor used that box on me, too.

The doctor, this “box” she had--none of it seems familiar?

Nope, and I'm guessing that box is the reason why.

A glowing box. Maybe a new Imperial torture device.

Glowing box...

Why show them to me?

Because knowledge should be shared.

You're the expert. But me and Milo were nobodies. Why use an artifact on us?

Guinea pigs? In case the artifact was dangerous, and a Sith Lord didn't want to risk getting his own head exploded.

The doctor would know more... I think Milo tracked the doctor to Tatooine. He thought the starship he blew up was hers.

Good luck, Felix. I'm here if you need me.

Thanks. So, what happened while I was gone?

Nothing much. Fought some bad guys... Also Qyzen's a king now, I think?

...Am I the only one of your sidekicks who doesn't rule a planet?

Um... Tharan doesn't?

I'm working on it!

NEXT TIME: Tharan works on it.