Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 14: BRINGING UP NADIA

Previously posted:

To VOSS! JOLUNE heads for the mysterious MYSTIC homeworld...

Finally on course for Voss.

A planet of miracles and wonders, if the stories are true.

I'd settle for a planet of sunshine and good food.

I hear that. It'd be nice to see a world that isn't frozen or toxic or both.

Yeah... I'm going to go talk to Nadia, and check she hasn't blown any holes in the ship.

Um. I read the texts the Council sent me, but I still don't understand what a Padawan does.

:smug: All Padawans must first learn humility. So find a mop and bucket, and start with the cargo hold.

Or we could forget it, and start my first lesson.

Alright, alright. But someone still needs to mop up around here.

Don't we have a droid to do that?

Seetoo doesn't mop. He's allergic to water apparently.

But that's...

I know, I know. I'm playing the long game with him.

I try, but it's like lighting a fuse. I'm just putting off the bang 'til later.

Nadia... I think we need to talk about your explosion fixation.

It's not a fixation! More like a hobby. Maybe I should study something else.

Remember the tenets of our order. There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force. And now I have officially turned into Master Bakarn.

Do Jedi always have to obey the tenets?

Not necessarily. Many great Jedi haven't always followed the Code. The strongest Jedi I know is a passionate, ignorant lunatic. But she is still a hero, and a friend.

So why have a code at all?

A comfort. An aspiration. Something to murmur when night falls. Something to remind us of what we aren't.

I think I understand. Thank you. I don't mean to be slow. Everything's so new.

I want to be a good Padawan. Whatever you can teach me, I want to learn. I've been trying to study, but Doctor Cedrax keeps coming to talk to me.

Uh oh.

He's offering to give me an astonomy lesson.

If he tries to show you Fornax, you have my permission to eject him from the ship. Violently.

If Tharan's bothering you, Holiday's the best person to put a stop to it.

For a hologram, she's good at keeping Tharan in line. I need to know her secret.

She can electrify his bed.

Good to know!

Keep at it Nadia. I'm going to check in with the ambassadors.

You can choose what lessons to give Nadia. LS options are standard Jedi doctrine. DS options are “Obey me, and kick rear end!”

Also, there's been a new addition to the crew since Belsavis.

Sky Hunter.

Much is reborn. I have not walked between planets in a star's birth of time.

I'm happy to give you the chance again, Hallow Voice.

Patriarch, warrior, savant. Once, our wave washed world after world.

I can scarcely imagine such a cataclysm.

On Belsavis, my dream-steps marked those dead worlds. To my unkind brothers, all thinking life is... a rock that floats. A tree upside down. The sky gone from over their heads.

I'm afraid I don't understand.

You think, but your thoughts are empty of patriarch or savant. To my brothers, this is a broken, screaming horror that must be ended.

That is... quite something. I'm really glad Belsavis is a long way away. Could your brothers ever cooperate with other races, like you?

Could you and your shadow be split? This is lodged deep in us. But, not in me. It is a great weight to carry, Sky Hunter.

You said your people are driven to annihilate other species, but you opposed it. Why?

I first breathed in a time when we overflowed onto world after world, behind our patriarch.

But, I birthed when the patriarch was still growing and green. Two patriarchs--a sudden, sharp brightness indeed.

Was there a civil war? It seems like a good excuse for a war.

My thoughts of peace were ice to my brothers' fire. This spoke clearly. My leaving would be the seed of a new forest, elsewhere.

Wouldn't you have rather stayed with your brothers?

I am a patriarch. My footsteps cannot be my own, they must beat a path. Our steps were turned by the Rakata and their black silence, but the path still waits for us.

Starting the Voss quest for the Consular unlocked that bonus conversation with Hallow Voice. No real point to it, it's just backstory.

How goes the election, Zenith?

Remember Gray Star's journals? Managed to decipher more entries from the shorthand. Gave me an idea.

It isn't “kill Fiskin”, by any chance? Your ideas have a common theme.

I'm pragmatic. But no, I don't want to kill Fiskin.

How can they not know that? Did they join the Space Amish?

No comms, no Holonet. For security.

I guess it's time they heard the good news, and came home.

My thinking too.

I'll contact the refugees' leaders. But... need somewhere safe to meet.

I once attended a diplomatic summit in a cavern on Alderaan. It's quiet, and secure. Besides the whole civil war thing, but I'm pretty sure that's blown over.

We're not flying to Alderaan though. You'll need to charter a shutt--

Jedi! Jedi! I've done it! Jedi! Come here! Jedi? Jolune?!

Excuse me. I think Tharan's just broken the laws of physics in our basement.

Tharan, I'm so proud of you! I think I'm going to cry.

You actually did it? Crazy old Gorman Vandrayk would be proud. You've made scientific history today.

But it won't do any good sitting on the ship like a paperweight.

Do we still have paper in the future?

Like a tabletweight then.

The core is very sensitive to nearby electronic systems, you see. Its processes could... its...

The core's processes could what?

Jedi, I am a complete idiot.

Aw, Tharan, you're not a complete idiot. You're just an idiot in certain areas.

Not what I was talking about. The core of my Vandrayk Generator could have an application that I never considered. For Holiday.

:monocle:

If I linked that core to Holiday's central processor, it could increase her sentience by a factor of ten. Or more!

How would Holiday change if you gave her this core? How can anyone become more sentient?

Sounds interesting. I'm pretty sure we're overdue the Singularity.

But if I remove the core, my Vandrayk Generator is useless. I won't have a hope of winning the symposium.

But... but Tharan's upset. I just want him to be happy.

There's no time to decide, the symposium's starting soon. The entire Lumenatus Club is expecting me.

Wait, Tharan, you can't just leave us hanging--

*BING BONG*

Now approaching Voss. Please put your seats in the upright position and extinguish all smoking materials.

NEXT TIME: Ambassador, with these sidequests, you're really spoiling us!

Inferior fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 16, 2014