Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Belsavis Episode 6: Shaving with a World Razer

: You seem in a good mood.

: Why shouldn't I be, we just stopped the emperors plans, saved half a dozen inhabited worlds and now we get to kill aliens. None of this use non-violence don't hurt them rubbish just march in and shank them with a lightsaber.

: Anyone ever call you a very odd Jedi?

: My former masters all the drat time.

: That should be the last of the guns. Now we get to murder the leadership.

: Leadership decapitated. Let's report our successful murder spree to the General.

Later at the Max Security Republic Base...

: You did it--and then some. With their leaders dead and their supplies destroyed, the Esh-kha are in a bad way. They're pulling back now. Should give us time to catch our breath. Thanks.

: The force was with me, as usual.

: Wasn't just a fluke, I can see that. You've probably guessed the Republic didn't build this place. Was constructed thousands of years ago by a species called the Rakata. The Rakata hated the Esh-kha--wrote about them like they were a plague. Waged a war that engulfed the entire galaxy. In the end the Esh-kha were nearly wiped out; the few hundred thousand survivors brought here to be locked away in stasis.

: How have I not heard about any of this?

: SIS has been keeping a lid on this whole affair. "Need-to-know" and all that.

: Wow, the SIS managed to actually keep something secret. I'm shocked.

: The Esh-kha conquered half the galaxy in their heyday, and they'll pick up right where they left off if they ever escape. Your raid caught them off guard. They're crippled, shaken. Now's the time to press our advantage and halt their advance for good.

: Duh!

: We've traced the bulk of the Esh-kha's comm activity back to a small cavern. We think they're using it as a command station. Whoever's in there is coordinating the Esh-kha's entire offensive. It's our best shot at taking out their leadership. I want you to take it.

: There's no time like the present.

: There's a lot of extra comm chatter coming out of that station. Not sure what all the commotion is about, but we can't wait to find out. Find the station, take out the leadership, then maybe we can go back to pushing the Imperials off this rock.

Some time afterwards at the Esh-kha's secret base...

: Your voice is like the savants' but your breath is toxic. Your foul song poisons their chorus.

: Tasted the dark side, have they? How enlightening. Killing me will bring them further down the path.

: You paint your words with lies. I shall wipe the canvas clean with your blood.

: You tread on unwelcome ground. I am Hunter Moon. I will feast on your screams.

: Bring it. Big guy.

: Don't waste words on these vermin! Kill them and be done with it!

: This one reeks of treachery. His hands glisten with his brothers' blood. He dies first.

: You're probably right--he is Sith, after all. Finish him off and we'll get started.

: No, wait--

: He was unworthy of breath. As are you. Come--I shall drink your insides.

: Your victory is a wasteland that leads nowhere. The World Razer dreams of fire and hunger. Soon he will rise, and his nightmare shall consume this world.

: The Esh-kha general is dead, but he mentioned something about awakening a "World Razer" that would destroy us all.

: Wait--the World Razer? He said that? So maybe it is true. This is bad.

: Have you heard about the World Razer before?

: Just rumour. Not from the most reliable sources, mind you. A few deep-cell inmates were babbling about it. Could barely understand a word they said, much less put any stock in it. Went on about this... thing in the planet's core. Claimed it was massive, as old as the galaxy. I thought it was just superstitious nonsense.

: The Esh-kha believe it that's enough for me.

: If this World Razer actually exists, waking it up is probably the worst thing the Esh-kha could do. You've got to stop them. Best place to start is the Deep Prision--all kinds of ancient monstrosities sealed away down there. You'll be on your own though. Watch yourself.

Afterwards in the dark decrepit dismal dank deep prison...

: You made it. Good. Now listen up--got a possible lead on that "World Razer." Recon droids picked up a large contingent of Esh-kha headed for the prison bowels. Elite soldiery, very dangerous. Led by none other than the Esh-kha's patriarch, Gore Claw. If that maniac's involved, it's a sure thing they're up to something.

: Sounds like you've run into this Gore Claw before.

: He's killed dozens of my men. Wants nothing more than to lead the Esh-kha on a galaxy-conquering spree. The Esh-kha are gonna need one heck of a trump card if they want off this rock. My money's on the World Razer. Dug up some records on the thing. Very apocalyptic, Saw phrases like "destroyer of planets" and "eater of stars" more often than i'd like.

: Don't suppose you've found anything on how we destroy that thing.

: Nothing substantial yet. I suggest killing it is out of the question, but we may have other options. Overheard some Esh-kha comm chatter... something about disabling a "failsafe." Could be our ticket to stopping all this nonsense. The transmission came from a nearby cave. Lots of Esh-kha assembling there. Going to need you down there to see what this failsafe is all about.

: What am I supposed to do once I get there?

: See this through to the end. This mission will take you deeper into Belsavis than anyone's gone. It's a dangerous world down there, but the Republic--heck, maybe the galaxy--is counting on you. Good luck.

Finding the failsafe....

: Tomorrow: A thousand planets burn. A hundred stars wither and collapse. The World Razer consumes all.

: Yesterday: Failsafe sees too much, says too much. He tells of certain pasts and uncertain futures. His people must seal him away.

: Today: Esh-kha pound on the glass. They want to kill Failsafe. But someone intervenes. Failsafe is grateful.

: It was the least I could do.

: Today: Many seek out the World Razer. Already its eye begins to open. Soon it will awaken.

: Today: Only the Burning Way remains to stop the World Razer. And only Failsafe remembers the Burning Way.

: The Burning Way... what is that?

: Tomorrow: The Burning way opens. The World Razer screams, buried under fire and rock.

: Yesterday: The World Razer is bested. The Builders seal it beneath the planet's crust and construct the Burning Way to safeguard its imprisonment.

: Today: The Esh-kha race to revive the World Razer and destroy the Burning Way. The World Razer's time draws near.

: How did the Esh-kha find out about the Burning Way?

: Yesterday: The Builders' whips crack against the Esh-kha's backs. The Esh-kha labor to complete the way. They do not forget.

: Today: The World Razer waits in the depths. The Esh-kha amass under Gore Claw's banner, preparing for their final triumph.

: Today: Preserve the Burning Way, and seal the World Razer's fate.

:Right find the burning way, switch it on, and destroy the world razer. Shouldn't take that long.

Later in the planet's core....

: This is taking forever.. Still this looks like the right place.

: Esh-kha goons. This is the place.

Pictures can move apparently.

: More vermin. My garden has grown wild, its beauty sullied by pests and weeds. Only the World Razer can prune away this filth. The World Razer stirs. Its groans shatter these walls. Soon the levy will break, and we will wash over the stars.

: Gore Claw, I presume?

: Your unclean tongue turns my name into ash. Speak it no more. A new dawn approaches. We shall march to the beat of the World Razer's heart and trample you under our feet.

: Gore claw, more like bore claw! I really need to work on those insults

: Stop. We must speak. The Burning Way still churns with liquid fire. Gore Claw has failed me. You have stalled my return. You have much power, but you could have more.

: Yeah those other guys were chumps. Now you get the real deal.

: The Esh-kha do not die easily. Your victory over them does you credit. You need not fear my hunger; Many cycles will pass before my roots burrow into the planet and crack it open. I will be free, bur you will be dust and bones by then. Aid me, and your rewards will be great.

: You can't blow up the galaxy, all my stuff is there.

: My escape is inevitable. This tomb cannot hold me forever. Take what recompense you can. Surely you know the glory of the Builders and their Infinite Empire. The fury of their weapons surpassed even my own might. Destroy the Burning Way. Seal the vents so I may begin my escape, and the Builders' technology is yours. Refuse, and your children's children will know my wrath.

: I came here to activate the Burning Way not destroy it. And on that note...

: This is far from over. When I am free, I will obliterate every planet you have ever seen or known.

:Please spare Alderaan, that was always my favourite planet.

: Your precious Alderaan will be first!

: Sucker!

I have waited thousands of years for my freedom. I can wait thousands more.

: You will regret this!

: R'andayn 2 : Omnicidal Ancient Superweapons 0

Back at the Republic Base.

: There you are. We were getting worried. Thought maybe I'd sent you to your death down there.

: General Skylast told me about the World Razer. Hard to believe something like that's been down in the vaults this whole time.

: So what happened? Did you stop the World Razer?

: The World Razer's not our concern anymore.

: Was hoping for a more thorough debrief, but if you say it's over, I 'll take your word for it.

: I can't thank you enough for all your contributions. You've done the Republic a real service. Project Noble Focus would still be up and running if you hadn't exposed Senator Tudos and stopped those Rattataki.

: And you even took out Gore Claw. Good riddance, I say. That lunatic had it coming.

: Unless you need something else, I think we're done.

: The Esh-kha are still on the lam, but they've taken a big hit today. Still plenty of straggles, but with Gore Claw dead, a lot of them have started killing each other. Weird but I can't complain. You put a lot on the line to help us out there. The Republic owes you one.

"SWTOR Codex! posted:

The World Razer

Almost nothing is known of the ancient being known as the World Razer. No one has
seen or spoken to the creature for thousands of years; the Rakata's cryptic warnings
suggest the World Razer is Belsavis's oldest prisoner, and that the prison was first
constructed to hold the terrible entity whose hunger consumed a thousand worlds.

According to the Rakata inscriptions in the Tomb, it took the combined might of the
Infinite Empire to subdue the World Razer, and an entire planet to contain its fury. If
such a creature were ever released, its rage might very well shatter the galaxy.

:One last thing before I go. Any idea where Colonel Bartaph hangs out?

: Last I saw her she was camped out in a tent at the starport.

Back At Bartaphs' tent....

: Colonel Bartaph, I was told you wanted to see me.

: First let me express my gratitude. Your actions saved many Republic soldiers.

: Your special forces saved my rear end. Krannus would've been a lot harder without them.

: I'll make sure their actions are properly recognized. It isn't every day soldiersare praised by a Jedi. I won't waste your time but there's something I need you to clear up for me.

: My forces apprehended this prisoner during the riots. I need to know why one of the galaxy's worst criminals was helping you.

: I could sense you were hiding something.

: It's true. I came here a decade ago as a prisoner, and I deserved it. I did things you don't want to know about. Being on Belsavis--surrounded by scum just like me--it opened my eyes. Even if I could never leave here, I could still change. It took years,but I did it. The warden made me an honorary guard. Said I'd earned that.

:Boring!

: I'm trying to make up for the terrible things I've done. The warden gave me that chance.

: So you claim. Unfortunately, we have no evidence to support your story. It's possible the records were destroyed in all the chaos. However, it's also possible you're lying.

: What were his crimes? Why is Pak imprisoned for life on Belsavis?

: Only the most vicious and dangerous criminals' end up here. Take the worst crimes you can imagine, and multiply them by a thousand.

:Wow, I didn't think it was possible to send that much spam.

: I'm not like that anymore. I helped you.

: Now you see my dilemma. I don't want to imprison someone who doesn't deserve it, but I don't want to set a criminal free.

: I couldn't have completed my mission without Pak. He's earned his freedom.

: I'm not authorized to let Pak leave Belsavis, but I can see that he is restored to his guard status.

: This means everything to me. Thank you both.

: I'm sure you have business elsewhere. Thank you again for everything you did here.

:Let's blow this joint. The sooner we're away from this dump the better. I don't want to see another goddamn prisoner or genocidal alien ever again.

End Recording

Next Time on SWTOR a prisoner and a genocidal alien....

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 23, 2014