Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 20: MASTER BLASTER

Previously posted:

The savage GORMAK hordes march on VOSS-KA! Can Jedi Master JOLUNE MOL'NEUX stop their mighty throbbing GORMAK CANNON before it destroys the city...?

Wow. Now that's a giant doom cannon.

Can we climb up on it?

Sure, what's the worse that could happen? Besides Voss-Ka exploding.

What are they aiming at? I can't see.

Um. Nothing actually. Voss-Ka's ...gone.

Either the Voss have an invisibility shield, or this thing fired without us noticing.

...We should probably get on with our mission, huh?

”Cyber Sentinel?” Really?

I've read all of Neuromanceraaaarghhh!

Well, that's one of the generators rigged. I hope the Gormak don't notice this incredibly noticeable bomb.

Why do we put big red lights on our explosives?

Health and Safety legislature. You can't be too careful.

Generator 2 done.

Maybe it'd be better if it was a green light. That way you'd know the bomb was armed, but anyone else would think “Oh, a green light, that must mean everything's fine.”

I'll pass your thoughts along to Republic High Command.

Hey, the Gormak are building a spaceship!

Maybe we should do something about th--

--at... Huh. Never mind.

That explosion was amazing!

That explosion was the hopes and dreams of an entire species going up in smoke.

They were probably really violent hopes and dreams though.

That's all the generators rigged. Now let's go push the big red button.

*click*

*bangbangbang!*

*MASSIVE EXPLOSION!*

:woop:

:neckbeard: ...Ahem. :geno:

Outsider. Pevthak-Fra wishes to speak with you.

The Gormak are vicious. You have strength.

For savages, the Gormak have some advanced technology.

They have guidance.

LATER...

This little Voss camp is home to both Republic and Imperial questgivers. It can get quite exciting on PvP servers.

We saw the cannon. We should have struck first. The Gormak have become bold- Jokull leads them.

Who or what is Jokull?

Their most fearsome warrior. Their snappiest dresser. Their greatest dancer. The man, the myth, the legend: Jokull.

Jokull gives the Gormak purpose. They grow stronger.

Has anyone tried talking to Jokull?

The Gormak are not Voss. They understand only war.

And engineering, apparently.

Engineering for war! All Gormak resources went into that cannon. Gorma-Koss is exposed. We must strike.

You will defeat the Gormak. Your skills seem adequate.

Such compliments are hardly necessary.

Outsiders rarely impress.

:nattyburn:

Jokull rules from Gorma-Koss. Their strongest stand guard.

While Jokull lives, the Gormak are unstoppable. He must die.

This may be your only chance to speak with the Gormak King.

Good.

That's pretty space racist, Rade-Sa.

I'm pretty space racist, outsider.

Are we really going to assassinate the Gormak King?

No, Nadia. And neither are the Voss.

Hold the line!

Why does he always say that?

Gormak smash!

Blargh.

Outsider. You are a welcome sight.

The Gormak were waiting. We were ambushed.

A second ambush might finish us off. Any ideas?

Another squad made it further inside. They reported security fields, weapons, Gormak traps. We lost contact.

Comm trouble, or...?

Dead? Likely. The Gormak have many defenses. The assault will be difficult if they remain armed.

Sounds like you got something in mind.

The machines can be shut down--*mipmip mipmip*

*bzzt*

Alive. Hmm.

You owe me ten credits, sir.

The commandos will not escape without assistance.

Are we going to rescue them then?

They know the price of victory. And I never lose a bet. You must strike now if we are to kill Jokull.

I won't let the Voss die down here.

You risk defeat. The commandos are not far. I will tell them help is coming.

Alternatively we could let the commandos die, but as we're in the neighborhood...

These must be the holding cells.

That console looks useful!

Let's just push things at random and see what happens.

*doooooop*

Thank you, outsider. The Gormak meant to slaughter us.

Lucky the Gormak let you keep your guns.

Exactly as the Mystics forsaw. Go in peace, outsider.

Why do I get the feeling someone's about to start talking about genetic destiny in a really deep voice?

[VIDEO: A Chilling Vision of Things to Come]

You would destroy Voss-Ka. You are the corruption.

Save your Voss lies. You came to Gorma-Koss to destroy us. But I am greatest Gormak warrior. You will fail.

We can negotiate. This doesn't have to come to violence.

There can be no peace. Too many Voss. Too much corruption.

I have seen the future. I knew you would enter Gorma-Koss. I knew you would come here to kill me.

Pretty easy to see something that's already happened.

Foolish Voss laughs, thinks I lie. You will not laugh when I tell you what I have seen.

Attacks ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?

You saved weak Voss from my Gormak warriors. They will get stuck behind Gormak defenses. Weak Voss will send a message to tell you.*mipmip mipmip*

*bzzt*

The Gormak told us what would come. It happened as he saw.

Only a Mystic knows what comes. The Gormak sees!

You're some kind of Gormak Mystic.

Voss think they know all. Voss think Gormak are blind. I saw where your weak Voss would go and what they would do. I saw how my warriors could stop them.

This escalated quickly!

Jokull is a big mean chopping machine, but you have a squad of commandos backing you up, so this fight's a joke. Not that the commandos do much damage, but Jokull seems to waste a lot of time attacking them instead of you.

This is possibly a very clever illustration of how the Gormak's race hatred is their undoing, but it's probably just crummy AI.

Get his health down and...

I went to the Nightmare Lands. The darkness crawled inside my head, showed me the Voss. I see Voss past, Voss future... the seeing is Voss corruption, a curse from the Dark Heart.

Both you and the Voss want your visions to stop.

All Voss corruption must be destroyed. I will die gladly to end it.

The darkness of the Nightmare Lands steals the reason of some Mystics. It could give a Gormak a Mystic's sight.

How many more Gormak have entered? There could be others! Gormak Mystics!

The truth does not change merely because you don't like it.

The commandos called as predicted. Jokull saw the future. This cannot be denied.

We are not interpreters. The Gormak's visions must be judged.

You would set a Gormak among the Voss? Show all that the Mystics share their power with our enemies? No. Jokull would bring chaos to Voss-Ka. Finish him, outsider.

We could've killed Jokull then, but Jolune doesn't roll like that. (T-T-TIME PARADOX!)

You are fortunate the Mystics have seen your worth.

Don't threaten me again, Rade-Sa.

...The Three will decide our next move. Speak with Laryn-Ki in Voss-Ka.

NEXT TIME: World of Minecraft

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Jokull posted:

Few Gormak show the strength and cunning to become chieftains; to become king takes extraordinary intelligence, ruthlessness and skill. Driven by his burning hatred for the Voss, the veteran warrior Jokull has united the Gormak under his rule and devoted himself to destroying every Voss on the planet. He has sought out ways to improve his weapons, driven his warriors through exhaustive training and ordered his technologists to build dreadful machines of war. His strategies have been surprisingly effective, often catching even the experienced Voss commandos off-guard.

Jokull’s single-minded aggression toward the Voss has made the Gormak more dangerous than ever. The Voss commandos are now becoming overstretched as they attempt to defend Voss-Ka. If Jokull’s campaign of violence cannot be stopped, it is conceivable that he may soon break through to Voss-Ka and burn it to the ground.