Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

EPISODE 21: WHAT'S YOURS IS MINE

Previously posted:

VOSS-KA has been saved and the mad Gormak king JOKULL captured. Now JOLUNE MOL'NEUX searches for fragments of an ancient tablet that is the key to unlocking MYSTIC powers...

As Voss-Ka is in slightly less danger of exploding, we've got time to find Gaden-Ko's relics.

Mystic training sure is convoluted. Jedi training's a cinch by comparison.

Hmm. Maybe I should start including irrelevant fetch quests in my lesson plans.

Please don't.

”Verily, thou must find the seven blue paperclips concealed around the ship, before thou art ready to hear another lecture on Niman form.”

:argh:

This looks like one of the fragments.

Hmm. No Force presence. It's just a rock with words.

Maybe it's not the right thing?

I think we're in magic feather territory. Let's find the rest.

Wow, that's a big piece.

Yup. That's why you're carrying it.

What.

It builds character.

What.

And that's all of them.

...my back...

I wonder how long this place has been buried. How old are the Voss? How much time have they spent up on their mountain?

Master, can we discuss history later? After we drop off these heavy slabs of rock? ...Please?

Kids today. When I was a Padawan we carried heavy slabs of rock everywhere, all the time. We slept on 'em!

Uh huh.

And we carved our lightsabers out of granite, and put stones in our boots. Kept us strong, full of vinegar! It was a different age.

It was a year ago. Also, Qyzen said you spent most of the time complaining about exercise. And eating ice cream.

Hmph... I did sleep on a rock once. Briefly.

Hiya, Gaden-Ko. We brought your rocks.

How come he's always ahead of us?

Mysterious mystic orienteering powers?

Good. Let us reassemble the tablet.

[VIDEO: Power Crystals]

I contemplate the carving, for a sign to guide me. All shards are one... the pattern is--is...

Is?

Is?

Ah well. Insights come in their own time, not at our convenience.

I have waited.

Graaargh!

*blam!*

Yeow!

Got him. Right in the weakspot.

It's good to see a friendly face. Or at least not an actively murderous face. You Voss are all pretty :geno:.

Jenar-Sai, captain, Voss commandos. Our mission, in jeopardy. We had to retreat. Gaden-Ko, your intuition would help.

No, I await a sign.

There are no coincidences. You wanted a sign and these commandos arrived.

:mad:

I... listen. For now. My sign waits.

The Gormak mine a crystal outcropping. Crystals for Mystics. The Gormak use the crystals, tame beasts, improve them for war. It must stop.

What do the Gormak do to these creatures once they're tamed?

Beasts are fitted with machinery.

I'm sure I've heard something about that...

Hunting Gormak. Proper use of my intuition.

We can stop Gormak patrols; their mining operation remains. I have few men. You are skilled.

I see where this is going.

The Gormak will be prepared for Voss commandos, not a Jedi Master.

We and Gaden-Ko will distract most Gormak. More guard the mines.

DOWN THE MINES...

”Cyber Abomination”? Did a teenage boy name these things?

It's dead and I still don't know what it's supposed to be.

This place is beautiful, in a way.

I visited a cave like this back on Tython once. Let's grab a souvenir before we go.

Now it's time to blow this joint.

Push the button, Nadia.

With pleasure!

*fzzt*

That was less impressive than I hoped.

Good enough. Let's get back.

BACK AT THE TEMPLE...

But sadly Gaden-Ko was reduced to a spooky floating head.

:stonk:

Not really.

It was a joke.

Ha ha.

Yes. And I believe this rightfully belongs to your people. *lost 1x Lightsaber Crystal*

This is for the Tower of Prophecy.

Handing the crystal over is light side. Keeping it for yourself (it's an average upgrade) is neutral.

Something hunted us. Not Gormak.

Did you catch any glimpse of this hunter?

No. Commandos were there, then gone. We will search. I am not hopeful.

Jedi vs. Predator?

If it bleeds, we can negotiate with it.

I have... finished here. Our last destination is ahead. The Deep Cradle.

What's wrong? Is it the missing commandos?

No. I... must think. We leave.

You cannot. The lands near the Cradle are corrupted. The “Nightmare Lands”.

Men go mad there.

There are protective rituals. Talan-De at the commando outpost will guide. We shall go.

You both show promise. Goodbye.

No need to ask permission, Gaden-Ko. What is it?

You were right- commandos were the sign to guide me. The sign came without a vision. You need no visions.

I need no vision either.

Do visions mark my people as special? Or needing guidance?

Intriguing. Great questions are for Mystics. Not potentials. This is new. Thinking is hard.

Visions or not, your pilgrimage is certainly shaping you for a role.

I may never be a Mystic. But I learn.

It'll have to wait until after we visit the... dramatic pause ...Nightmare Lands.

That name's pretty on-the-nose, isn't it?

We are a literal people.

Let's go!

NEXT TIME: The leap of faith.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Mystics posted:

No Voss are more revered than the Force-sensitive Mystics. Individuals with extraordinary gifts of healing and prophecy, Mystics most often live in seclusion, using their talents to guide their people. Mystic visionaries experience prophetic visions, which are carefully studied by interpreters at the Tower of Prophecy before being passed on to the ruling Three; it is said that no Mystic’s vision has failed to come true, giving immense weight to any statement by a Mystic visionary.

At the Shrine of Healing, Mystic healers use intense meditation and rituals to cure their patients, often of ailments that resist any other treatment. Becoming a Mystic is a difficult path. After years of training, the most promising potential Mystics go on a pilgrimage across Voss, visiting holy sites in the dangerous Gormak lands and learning from their elders. Even then, not all potentials succeed. The very few who come into their full power as Mystics return triumphantly to Voss-Ka to be recognized by the Three.
BONUS SPACE EMAILS:

Yashu-Vo posted:

We came to Tython. Master Delsa's lessons are harsh, but fair. His words spur us on.

Lord Beldiss taught much that was wrong. We are slow to unlearn.

But here, we are not lost. We begin.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 15, 2014